TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old April 20 2008, 04:28 AM   #16
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Comic-con news

Cicero wrote: View Post
Unfortunately, it looks like this'll be my only new Star Trek purchase during the first half of last year. It's weird; there seem to be fewer books by authors I enjoy every year.
It's weird, but your loss. I'm stoked.
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2008, 04:43 AM   #17
ialfan
Fleet Captain

Good news so far, I'm hoping the ENT Relaunch Romulan War Trilogy is still planned for 2009?
ialfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2008, 04:48 AM   #18
Cicero
Admiral

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
Unfortunately, it looks like this'll be my only new Star Trek purchase during the first half of last year. It's weird; there seem to be fewer books by authors I enjoy every year.
It's weird, but your loss. I'm stoked.
Indeed. I used to buy about eight or nine books a year, on average, but I've watched that slowly sink to the point that I bought only two book last year.

I'm glad you'll enjoy yourself.
Old April 20 2008, 04:54 AM   #19
bennyrex
Lieutenant

Dude! I felt spoiled by what a wonderful year *this* one was going to be for Star Trek books. Next year looks just as awesome! More Vanguard! More Titan! More KRAD exploration of the Star Trek world beyond the TV crews... Be still my heart! (plus that anthology looks uber-awesome.) I continue to feel very spoiled as a fan.
bennyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2008, 05:00 AM   #20
ensign niner
Cadet

The most reassuring thing about the book list (which sounds great) is that David Mack will let some characters live (otherwise subsequent books wouldn't exist)! Now, we need to all chip in and get these authors some coffee (maybe intravenous for KRAD) so that they can keep writing such good stuff.
ensign niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2008, 05:07 AM   #21
Therin of Andor
Admiral

ensign niner wrote: View Post
The most reassuring thing about the book list (which sounds great) is that David Mack will let some characters live
Never assume.
Old April 20 2008, 05:55 AM   #22
Saul
Rear Admiral

Besides Kobayashi Maru in 2008, what else is coming up for Enterprise in the first half of 2009?
Old April 20 2008, 06:04 AM   #23
KRAD
Keith R.A. DeCandido

View KRAD's Twitter Profile

^ Dunno yet. You know everything that is publicly known now.

I do know that something with the Romulan War is planned, but I have no idea what or where those plans are....

"Even when you turn your back, you're facing something."
KRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2008, 06:23 AM   #24
Cicero
Admiral

KRAD wrote: View Post
May 2009:
Vanguard Book 4 by Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore
I'd like to clarify, I mean authors whose writing I usually enjoy. Several authors whose books I don't usually like much are posters whom I'm very glad to have on the board.
Old April 20 2008, 06:35 AM   #25
Saul
Rear Admiral

^ Dunno yet. You know everything that is publicly known now.

I do know that something with the Romulan War is planned, but I have no idea what or where those plans are....
Whatever those plan are I am looking forward to this, Destiny, Mirror universe and TOS: Mere Anarchy. I hadn't expected to see a TOS book next year. What's this going to be about? I'm guessing it will be a short story collection?
Old April 20 2008, 06:36 AM   #26
Reanok
Commodore

Was there any news about the Enterprise Book Kobayashi Maru and future Deep space nine books as well? I look forward to getting Shards & Shadows .
Reanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2008, 06:45 AM   #27
KRAD
Keith R.A. DeCandido

View KRAD's Twitter Profile

saul wrote: View Post
Whatever those plan are I am looking forward to this, Destiny, Mirror universe and TOS: Mere Anarchy. I hadn't expected to see a TOS book next year. What's this going to be about? I'm guessing it will be a short story collection?
Mere Anarchy is a reprint of the 40th anniversary eBook miniseries that was done in late 2006 and early 2007. So it'll collect all six eBooks into a single volume.

It's a story that encompasses three decades of TOS history, starting before "Where No Man has Gone Before" and ending shortly after the Generations prelude, and covering the high points in between, each story involving a planet that suffers a major disaster in the first book, and the Enterprise keeps coming back over the years for various reasons.

"Even when you turn your back, you're facing something."
KRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2008, 06:52 AM   #28
Aaron McGuire
Fleet Captain

Over a Torrent Sea will pick up where Destiny leaves off, as Christopher picks up the pieces from whatever Dave leaves of Titan.
I just wonder how many of the Titan's crew he'll have left to work with.

Finally, A Singular Destiny is a little bit of a different beast. The people who've been clamoring for a Clancy-style political thriller will like this one, as it's about the political fallout from Destiny's events (which will be considerable). It won't feature any of the main crews, although a ship that plays a big role in Destiny will also play a big role here, as well as familiar faces from other parts of the Trek universe. The protagonist will be a civilian character of my own creation.

Oh, and those of you who want to see more of the Bacco Administration from Articles of the Federation, both the Destiny trilogy and A Singular Destiny will feature those characters in good-sized roles.
I'm not all that worked up over the political thriller (although it could be fun if done right), but I am excited to see that Pres. Bacco is coming back.

Aaron McGuire
Aaron McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2008, 07:01 AM   #29
Rosalind
TrekLit's Dr Rose Mod

Here are the new projects ...
excellent list of books, thanks KRAD!

There is also now an author list for Mirror Universe: Shards and Shadows, still set for January 2009 release:
who's the editor for this book?

The February, March, and April books are jokingly being referred to as "cleaning up Mack's mess." All three will follow up on the events of Destiny.
you know this is going to stuck for the next two years on this board, right?

Yes, that's really Mere Anarchy on an actual schedule. It'll probably also have an introduction or afterword or some such by me.....
looks like I'll be buying this one too, even though I've read the whole year a while ago.

Oh, and those of you who want to see more of the Bacco Administration from Articles of the Federation, both the Destiny trilogy and A Singular Destiny will feature those characters in good-sized roles.
YES!
Rosalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2008, 07:29 AM   #30
Therin of Andor
Admiral

Rosalind wrote: View Post
who's the editor for this book?
Previously KRAD listed both Marco and Margaret.