Shatner: Aging and Work
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Kurtzman And Orci Go Solo
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Star Trek #32 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old January 22 2009, 09:10 PM   #1201
Jax
Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Daily Mirror on football spy hinted that Man City owners want to get rid of Michael Johnson and Micah Richards. Anyone should buy both and play Richards at Right Back and get Johnson back on the correct road.
Glengarry Glen Ross (B-) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (B+) Dark Skies (B-) Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (B-) Gravity (C+) Captain Phillips (B) Now You See Me (B) Escape Plan (B-) Captain America: The Winter Soldier (B+)
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2009, 09:15 PM   #1202
Hermiod
Admiral

Jax wrote: View Post
Daily Mirror on football spy hinted that Man City owners want to get rid of Michael Johnson and Micah Richards. Anyone should buy both and play Richards at Right Back and get Johnson back on the correct road.
Evidence enough that Manchester City FC is being run by complete, gibbering idiots.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2009, 09:16 PM   #1203
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

City are mad if they let Richards, Johnson and/or Ireland leave. They're all top quality players, why shell out millions upon millions to replace them FFS.
Old January 23 2009, 09:03 AM   #1204
Hermiod
Admiral

Add Joe Hart to that list.
Old January 23 2009, 07:32 PM   #1205
Daedalus12
Rear Admiral

Angel4576 wrote: View Post
City are mad if they let Richards, Johnson and/or Ireland leave. They're all top quality players, why shell out millions upon millions to replace them FFS.
They'll just buy this lot in the summer for £1b.

"Bennett & Meyer are obviously the Ceti Eels introduced into the collective brain of Trekdom, leading to easy manipulation (TWOK), impaired cognitive functionality (TSFS), drooling (TVH), agonized death (TFF) and extended post-mortem twitching (TUC).
Daedalus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2009, 09:06 PM   #1206
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Who'd have thought the top 5 players in the world were in fact a secret boyband?
Old January 23 2009, 09:36 PM   #1207
Hermiod
Admiral

^I sincerely hope Holdfast isn't reading this thread. It seems earning tens of thousands of pounds every week doesn't buy you any fashion sense.
Old January 23 2009, 09:43 PM   #1208
Jax
Admiral

Losing 1-0 at half time and dam we look crap...Everytime we get ball we just wacked it upfield and even though Tyson's pace is causing problems we are not creating anything.

Tyson should be put on the wing to use his pace more and slap Garner up front who is the only really out and out goal scorer we have.
Glengarry Glen Ross (B-) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (B+) Dark Skies (B-) Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (B-) Gravity (C+) Captain Phillips (B) Now You See Me (B) Escape Plan (B-) Captain America: The Winter Soldier (B+)
Old January 24 2009, 12:52 AM   #1209
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

View Tomalak's Twitter Profile

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
Who'd have thought the top 5 players in the world were in fact a secret boyband?
I think I can tell which is "the gay one"...
Tomalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2009, 01:29 PM   #1210
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Odds on them being called 'The Pirates of Menzpance'?
Old January 24 2009, 03:01 PM   #1211
Starkers
Admiral

Jax wrote: View Post
Losing 1-0 at half time and dam we look crap...Everytime we get ball we just wacked it upfield and even though Tyson's pace is causing problems we are not creating anything.

Tyson should be put on the wing to use his pace more and slap Garner up front who is the only really out and out goal scorer we have.
Well we certainly owned you in the first half, but you were probably the better team after half time. I guess we just couldn't keep the tempo up after Tuesday.

That said if your goalie had had an off day Commons could have ended up with 2 or 3 goals and man of the match!

Probably the most even derby in a while.

I had the sound off at first so didn't hear the reason for Billy's absense for a while. I had the shocking thought that he'd walked!

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2009, 03:44 PM   #1212
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

A draw was a fair result. We were by far the better team in the first half but they played better in the second. It's a shame that we'd had the game on Tuesday otherwise I think we'd have kept the first half tempo up. We could have won it but it would probably have been a bit undeserved had we done so. We'll just have to do it in the replay instead!
Old January 24 2009, 04:00 PM   #1213
Jax
Admiral

Was it me or were both goals virtually the same...cross from the right wing, one dummy and finish from striker .

2nd half we were much better though the last 10 minutes were crap, we lost our tempo and dam I love Paul Smith. Any idea who Steve Bruce was looking at (he was in crowd) I know he tried to buy Tyson when he was manager of Birmingham but we rejected a £1 Million bid.

I do fancy our chances at home though we will have to mark Commons well in that game and I would play Tyson on the wing with Earnshaw and Garner up front. Hopefully Moussi will be fit come then too we need some bite in midfield.

Billy if last night didn't show it I don't know what will, buy us 2 new wingers.
Old January 24 2009, 04:37 PM   #1214
Starkers
Admiral

Yeah both goals were spookily similar!

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2009, 05:28 PM   #1215
Daedalus12
Rear Admiral

For some reason I am watching this Rover/Villa FA cup match on FSC. Looks like Villa is not even trying. Sidwell just missed a sitter.

What an amazing miss by Agbonlahor!
"Bennett & Meyer are obviously the Ceti Eels introduced into the collective brain of Trekdom, leading to easy manipulation (TWOK), impaired cognitive functionality (TSFS), drooling (TVH), agonized death (TFF) and extended post-mortem twitching (TUC).
Daedalus12 is offline   Reply With Quote