Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old August 14 2008, 01:43 AM   #451
Jax
Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Tomalak wrote: View Post
Hermiod wrote: View Post
Chelsea have called a 5pm press conference where they will make a "major announcement".

New contract for Lampard ? Drogba ? Robinho signed ? Kaka signed ?
Fat Frank's signed a new contract. Looks well chuffed with himself sitting next to Kenyon in a shiny silver jacket. Talking about how much he loves the club, and how could he not stay for the rest of his career.

The price of his devotion? £150,000 a week it seems.

Daedalus12 wrote: View Post
Damn 28 million. Where is Manchester United getting the cash with their enormous debt hanging over their heads?
A league and European Cup double helps. The CL prize money alone pays for him, with change for the bus home.
Man Utd still bring more money in per year than any club in terms of a profit (Real bring in the most money if I remember right). So with that all that plus PL & CL money from last year they can easily manage to payments of there debt, which will be paid off much quicker than first expected (2016) at this rate.
Old August 14 2008, 08:21 AM   #452
Hermiod
Admiral

Proof that Steve McClaren is not all there.

"I outfoxed Arsene!". Mate, you lost 2-0. I suppose you "outfoxed" Slaven Bilic too.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2008, 09:37 AM   #453
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

View Tomalak's Twitter Profile

Have you heard his 'Dutch accent'?

Priceless.
Tomalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2008, 09:41 AM   #454
Hermiod
Admiral

^
Old August 14 2008, 11:33 AM   #455
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Hermiod wrote: View Post
Proof that Steve McClaren is not all there.

"I outfoxed Arsene!". Mate, you lost 2-0. I suppose you "outfoxed" Slaven Bilic too.
Priceless. Nice to see that McClown is still a big a cnut as ever.

Berbatov at OT would be frightening. Him and Rooney up front with Ronaldo providing the service.

Lamplard signs a new contract. Bad luck Jose.
Old August 14 2008, 02:32 PM   #456
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Oh McClown. I thought I'd run out of ways to laugh at you, and now you take up a 'Dutch' accent. Oh my sides.

I didn't see either game, so I have to ask - were Liege really as good as I'm hearing!?
Old August 14 2008, 02:49 PM   #457
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

Tomalak wrote: View Post
The price of his devotion? £150,000 a week it seems.
As I read someone write recently: think of all the pies that buys him £150,000 a week.

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
TheArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2008, 03:59 PM   #458
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

^ probably as many as the number of deflected goals he's scored.
Old August 14 2008, 05:34 PM   #459
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
I didn't see either game, so I have to ask - were Liege really as good as I'm hearing!?
They weren't especially good, it's just we were so bad. It's the same old story - smaller team has a go instead of parking the bus, closes us down energetically in midfield, and we can't get going. They threaten from crosses and set pieces. See Luton, Havant & Waterlooville and Barnsley last season.

I have confidence that we'll stuff them at Anfield, especially if we have Mascherano back. His presence was sorely missed, as he has the energy to counter those tactics and clear the park for us so we can play the game in their half. I'm not worrying yet.

Hopefully Roy Keane wasn't watching.
Old August 14 2008, 06:11 PM   #460
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

Looks like Arsenal's Justin Hoyte is headed to Boro. Cue the papers' predictable "Arsenal won't play English boys" lies.

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
Old August 14 2008, 06:19 PM   #461
Starkers
Admiral

Angel4576 wrote: View Post
Forget all this Premier League/International stuff. The real news is from the Micky Mouse Cup. Last night, we (Derby) finally won a game!!!!!!

Granted it was against a team two divisions lower than us, at home, and we were within 10 minutes of going out, but still, a win!!!! Woohoo!!!!
Long time coming, went to the Donny game and you could feel the pressure, never seen the crowd so quiet as they were after Donny scored. You could tell the players needed time to gel together though.

Hopefully we can build on this and get a result against Bristol city on Saturday.

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2008, 08:15 AM   #462
Hermiod
Admiral

Weird, the football TV rights merry-go-round continues. BBC3 have signed up the rights to Arsenal's Champions League qualifying round second leg game against FC Twente. £200,000 for a dead match. Hmmm.
Old August 15 2008, 11:48 AM   #463
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

^ BBC3, Champions' League? :s bizarre. Still, at least I can actually watch it on there (if you can see the pitch for all the umbrellas).

I'm just wondering if I should revise my table prediction. Based on last night's performance, Man City are going be on the verge of relegation, not Europe. Did anyone else see how astounding awful they were? And to make matters worse for them, their first Premiership opponents, Aston Villa, cruised against an okay Hafnarfjordur (sp?) side and have a much better squad anyway. And that's before you even think about the political stuff going on.
Old August 15 2008, 10:48 PM   #464
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

The wait is all but over.

Old August 16 2008, 02:37 AM   #465
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
^ BBC3, Champions' League? :s bizarre. Still, at least I can actually watch it on there (if you can see the pitch for all the umbrellas).

I'm just wondering if I should revise my table prediction. Based on last night's performance, Man City are going be on the verge of relegation, not Europe. Did anyone else see how astounding awful they were? And to make matters worse for them, their first Premiership opponents, Aston Villa, cruised against an okay Hafnarfjordur (sp?) side and have a much better squad anyway. And that's before you even think about the political stuff going on.
I have to say, that cheered me up no end. I thought Liverpool were bad, and that was away from home against a spirited side. City should have bulldozed them, even with their somewhat inexperienced strike force. No wonder Hughes wants Santa Cruz. They have loads of strikers, but they're all either inconsistent, injury prone or kids.