Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Wheaton Buys Wesley Crusher Hoodie

People’s Choice Award Nominations

Quinto: Not Internally Homophobic

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old March 31 2012, 08:00 PM   #4141
lau03143
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

My two teams won today.

Rangers beat Motherwell 2-1.

Bayern Munich beat Nurenberg 1-0, keeping them in the hunt for the Bundesliga title.

Mia San Mia
Old April 2 2012, 09:26 AM   #4142
Starkers
Admiral

Well whilst I'm amused to see the house of King Kenny come tumbling down, I hope Perch gets some kind of fine for that play acting that got the goalie sent off, he clearly makes zero contact.

Still what can you expect from a former Forest player
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2012, 11:11 PM   #4143
Jax
Admiral

Starkers wrote: View Post
Still what can you expect from a former Forest player
Sorry I can't hear you over the bullshit
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2012, 09:04 AM   #4144
Starkers
Admiral

Old April 8 2012, 11:12 AM   #4145
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Are Derby looking to be rid of Chris Maguire or is he just on loan with Pompey for experience/development? What a goal. If you don't want him, I think I would definitely take him down here.

Also if Derby could give their annual capitulation at our place this month and help with our goal difference, that would be great I thought it might be better to miss out on the play-offs this season but what the hell, got to have a chance in the lottery. If we're going to fail for the fourth season in a row, just as well do it properly!
Old April 10 2012, 06:43 PM   #4146
Starkers
Admiral

Lord knows...the prevailing wisdom appears to be that he hasn't been doing it in training, Nige seems to only have time for players who give 100%, or else Maguire critisised Clough/the coaching staff. Some players just don't fit in certain set ups. To be honest I'd rather have Robinson and Steve Davis (god if that guy could just stay fit for a season!)

I think Clough said it best yesterday, if there were 10 games left the playoffs might be a possibility, but barring some other teams massively falling off I don't think its likely this year.
Old April 10 2012, 07:29 PM   #4147
Jax
Admiral

7 points clear with 12 poins on the table though our next 2 games are Blackpool & Reading so its not over just yet. Hull City n Pompey being the last two games should see us get there should we need another win to make sure of it. Just checked foxtures of Coventry and we might need one more win since they play...

* Burnley
* Millwall
* Doncaster
* Southampton

Millwall & Donny are winnable games for them and Burnley can go either way maybe a point at least. Southmapton may be promoted by then so Coventry could even give them a run for their money. Bristol City who are 3 points behind us have much tougher fixtures so they may go down instead of Coventry despite beating them last night.
Old April 11 2012, 04:21 PM   #4148
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Doncaster and Pompey are gone. Beyond that it's between Forest, Bristol C and Coventry - all three of whom have come into a bit of form of late.

Personally, I think it's Coventry who're going to take that final spot in the drop zone.

Maguire - probably depends on what happens with a few of the other players we've got around the squad. I'd be inclined to give him another chance.
Old April 11 2012, 06:39 PM   #4149
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

I think it's going to be Coventry as well - they look like their luck will run out before the finish line, and losing to Bristol hasn't helped them in the slightest.

Please, please....if we don't make the play-offs, please don't let it be Leicester who take our place. Boro or Brighton fine, but not them. Two wins and a draw from Barnsley, Derby, Leeds and Palace should be enough. And whilst we're not winning much, we're not losing either. We could yet have a chance. I would happily fancy us in a one-off with any of Brum, Blackpool or West Ham (though Blackpool would be truly horrible to go through again).

I truly hate this part of the season
Old April 11 2012, 07:08 PM   #4150
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

I think you'll make the playoffs, and after that it's anyone's.

West Ham will finish 3rd, and you may well finish 6. Over 2 legs I'd probably fancy West Ham to go through, but you can't underestimate the crushing disappointment of so narrowly missing out on the automatics.

Reading and Southampton will be the two automatics, and then I'm not overly bothered about who goes up in the playoffs - providing it's not Leicester. I wouldn't mind Cardiff or Blackpool going up.
Old April 12 2012, 09:24 AM   #4151
Starkers
Admiral

I'd like Brighton to go up, but mainly because my best mate's a Brighton fan and I like what Poyet's done there, and it'd be a great story for a team who not so many years ago only avoided dropping out of the league on the last game of the season and who spent years playing in a small athletics stadium.

Of course one of my other friends is a Hammers fan...

What I would dearly love is to finish above Leicester, that's my only requirement now!
Old April 12 2012, 11:48 AM   #4152
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Why do you all hate Leicester?
Old April 12 2012, 12:46 PM   #4153
Starkers
Admiral

Play off final 1994...

Also

1# The money being thrown about, sorry but it's true. Trying to buy their way to the Prem and it isn't working.
2# They're a local rival
3# They think they're a bigger local rival than they are. They imagine they're part of a triumverate with Derby and Forest, but Derby/Forest fans don't see it the same way, a victory against Forest will always be sweeter, same as a loss against Forest will always be more depressing. I suspect Jax will say the same from a Forest perspective.
Old April 12 2012, 07:24 PM   #4154
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

^At least your local rivals aren't the current media darlings of the Premier League And they're in the same league for you to play against. We have Bristol City, which is a million miles away from a proper derby and grudge with Swansea.

I'm sick of the sight of Leicester - we've played them about 10 times in 3 seasons since they last got promoted. And our record at their ground is abysmal. That's their stupidly renamed stadium, too.

It also annoys me that their manager left them to go to Hull, and then went back for the money that poured into the club just after he left. Really shitty to ditch Hull in my opinion.

Also, Jermaine Beckford, who did much the same thing.
Old April 12 2012, 07:39 PM   #4155
Jax
Admiral

They think they're a bigger local rival than they are. They imagine they're part of a triumverate with Derby and Forest, but Derby/Forest fans don't see it the same way, a victory against Forest will always be sweeter, same as a loss against Forest will always be more depressing. I suspect Jax will say the same from a Forest perspective.
Yep, Forest fans don't care about Leicester they aren't rivals.

Derby is the big showdown we all like to see twice a season.