Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old May 13 2011, 12:23 PM   #3556
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

^ Tonight.

Alas, an all-new way for Forest to blow it. Swansea were all over them for the first half. There's always the chance they'll be tired from playing with ten men though. And didn't Borini do his hamstring?
Old May 15 2011, 08:09 PM   #3557
Jax
Admiral

Looking forward to next season already, I have to admit I actually am excited to see Liverpool next season because Kenny has them playing some decent football and have some very talented English kids coming through. Martin Kelly, John Flanagan and Jack Robinson all look very good plus I hear theres more to come. They look set to possible buy Jose Enrquie, Charlie Adams, Scotty Parker and Matt Jarvis who are better than people give credit for.

As for this season good bye West Ham and half thier squad, Grant's just been sacked. I think Chris Hughton will get the West Ham job and I hope Wigan/Blackpool go down just because then I would of gotten 2 out of right in my prediction last summer
Old May 15 2011, 09:22 PM   #3558
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

West Ham are terrible, they deserved to finish bottom. Bet the police will be looking forward to their games with Milwall next season!

I reckon Wigan may well stay up now - that's a confidence-booster, and surely Blackpool won't win at Old Trafford. If Wolves beat Blackburn and Spurs beat Birmingham, Wigan can stay up with a point. It's 2 from 5 to go though, and I cannot call it.
Old May 16 2011, 07:40 PM   #3559
Jax
Admiral

Cue 2nd leg collaspe...

Swansea 3-1 Forest is my bet.

EDIT - 2-0 down what a total shock

I can't believe Billy D playing McGoldrick and Moussi players prone to giving ball away and there doing just that. FOREST never learn they are a bunch of bottlers

Last edited by Jax; May 16 2011 at 08:22 PM.
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2011, 08:43 PM   #3560
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Camp complaining that his view was impeded for the first goal by an offside Swansea player.....

Going to require a monumental effort now I think.
Old May 16 2011, 08:49 PM   #3561
Jax
Admiral

After 2 clear pens turned down in last years playoff with Blackpool and already in 1st leg Tyson was kicked twice in pen box, I wonder did the FA bring in a rule that Forest aren't allowed spot kicks ?

EDIT - Crossbar again FFS someone move it lol

Last edited by Jax; May 16 2011 at 09:05 PM.
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2011, 09:45 PM   #3562
Jax
Admiral

While we played crap in the 1st halfs in both leg, we swamped Swansea in 2nd halfs and am sorry but we should of gone through. 3 times he hit the woodwork and 3 pens turned down, handball in injury time and that lead to the following corner and their goal

Robbed by lady luck and raped by the ref and neither brought us any fucking chocolates or flowers.

Billy D gets his tactics wrong again in the playoffs, Earnshaw our best striker left on the bench comes on and scores + hits post. Billy D had a pop at Robbie earlier in season about not scoring enough...

CAUSE YOU NEVER FUCKING PLAY HIM

I want Chris Houghton as our boss, come on Nigel Doughty (chariman) pull the plug on him.
Old May 16 2011, 10:52 PM   #3563
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

I think Swansea deserved it overall. Forest came into it more in the second half, but largely because Swansea started dropping off too far, too soon.

I did find it odd that you had Earnshaw and Majewski on the bench though. Agent Tudgay missed at least one great chance, and Agent Camp sealed the defeat by going up for the corner.

I can't see Davies being there next season. Billy says that he's still the man for the job but I seriously doubt that Doughty's going to give him another chance.
Old May 17 2011, 10:05 AM   #3564
Starkers
Admiral

Well Billy's said "I'm going nowhere." Which I think is the problem, Billy...

Billy won't quit, he'll wait to be sacked (possibly engineering it with a few "I haven't been backed" comments.)

I think part of the problem is that nobody in the Forest, ahem, Camp, went into the playoffs with any confidence. I live in Nottingham and know a fair few fans, and none of them, nor any on forums, had any confidence at all, and I think that spread to the team/management/coaching staff/tealadies. You seemed to go into the playoffs expecting to lose (and I can see why) and lo and behold, you did! And now all that Billy can talk about is luck.

Ah well, I'm really looking forward to next season, still Forest and Leicester to play, plus my friends' teams West Ham and Brighton, and I do wonder if Billy will ever get another team promoted?

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2011, 10:56 AM   #3565
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Billy for West Ham?

Bricking it for tonight now. You can't dangle a bigger stick to spur Cardiff on than an all-Welsh final. Stakes have never been higher. The collapse will never have been from a greater height.

I hate the play-offs!
Old May 17 2011, 11:30 AM   #3566
Starkers
Admiral

Yeah if it is an all Wales final, that's gonna be a hell of a game to lose!

To be honest, and much as I detest the guy, WHAM probably could do worse than Billy, but he isn't as good as people (especially himself) think he is. Somehow I suspect the Hammers will set their sights higher (even if its just Hughton)

Old May 17 2011, 03:51 PM   #3567
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Could depend on what happens at QPR with Warnock. I think he'd be ideal for WHU. However, with WHU saying that they want to make an appointment in a few weeks I'd imagine that that probably rules Warnock out.

Yeah, I'd say probably Hughton.

I wouldn't mind Cardiff winning tonight. Nothing against them. Beauty of last night's result, I can now look forward to the rest of the playoffs safe in the knowledge that I don't really mind who wins!

Re the psycological barrier, I agree with that. Having Majewski and Earnie/Boyd on the bench and playing Moussi and Tuday/Tyson was insane.
Old May 17 2011, 08:37 PM   #3568
captcalhoun
Admiral

Birmingham needs to beat Spurs so Liverpool can win their game and go 5th!!!
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2011, 10:53 PM   #3569
Starkers
Admiral

Well no all Wales final then!

Old May 18 2011, 01:31 AM   #3570
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Fooking Bywater - wank where ever he plays.

He'll be coming back to us now.......