Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old June 29 2009, 04:31 AM   #2041
Quo Vadimus
Vice Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Hey, it hurts, but at least that means we care, right? Great game, guys. You have nothing to be sorry for, you just made the Brazilians earn that one. Tim Howard is a great keeper! I think we were outshot 2-1 and still had a chance at the end of the game. The US isn't a pushover anymore.
Old June 29 2009, 02:56 PM   #2042
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

The USA and South Africa both had very admirable tournaments - well done to both of them.
Old June 29 2009, 04:25 PM   #2043
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

Quo Vadimus wrote: View Post
Hey, it hurts, but at least that means we care, right? Great game, guys. You have nothing to be sorry for, you just made the Brazilians earn that one. Tim Howard is a great keeper! I think we were outshot 2-1 and still had a chance at the end of the game. The US isn't a pushover anymore.
The Americans were never expected to win it. And keeping the likes of Spain and Brazil from getting a result over four halves a football was a little too much to ask. But a good showing. They're a better team coming out of the tournament than going in, so job done.

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
TheArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29 2009, 10:28 PM   #2044
Jax
Admiral

ENG U21's can bottle it just as good as ENG seniors..nice to know
Old June 29 2009, 10:46 PM   #2045
Iasius
Rear Admiral

Germany won the U17, U19 and U21 EC.

This is the first time any country has won all three U?? titles. Congratulations to everyone involved.

I especially like the role Özil has played in this tournament. He's really a crucial player for "my team" Werder Bremen and I think he will be invaluable in the future.

I suppose I can look forward to the next couple of years of international football with confidence.
Old June 30 2009, 11:13 AM   #2046
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Everyone can take solace in the fact that 2009-2010 season officially starts today!
Old July 1 2009, 12:49 PM   #2047
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

The BBC have announced the first four of their 10 live Championship matches for this season - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/8124105.stm
Cardiff, Derby, Forest, Ipswich, QPR, Newcastle and WBA are involved and the games will be watchable on the website too. Already an improvement on Sky's Championship services. Looking forward to this, and I have the Forest game down as one to try and get to this season as well.
Old July 1 2009, 04:46 PM   #2048
Daedalus12
Rear Admiral

The Real Madrid Galactico train just got another passenger. Apparently they just signed Benzema.
"Bennett & Meyer are obviously the Ceti Eels introduced into the collective brain of Trekdom, leading to easy manipulation (TWOK), impaired cognitive functionality (TSFS), drooling (TVH), agonized death (TFF) and extended post-mortem twitching (TUC).
Daedalus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2009, 05:06 PM   #2049
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

...so when do Madrid start, you know, selling players as well?
Old July 1 2009, 06:11 PM   #2050
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

Look for a Dutch fire sale.

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
TheArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2009, 07:13 PM   #2051
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Reports say £30m for Benzema. £30m. I'm more astounded by that figure than what they paid for Kaka and Ronaldo. Absolutely absurd valuation he is NOT that good. Lyon should be laughing all the way to the same bank as Man United.
Old July 2 2009, 07:25 AM   #2052
Hermiod
Admiral

^Everyone's fees have been quadrupled due to the Kaka and Ronaldo deals. On top of that, people hear that Chelsea and Manchester City have a load of money to spend and Manchester United have got the Ronaldo fee burning a hole in their pockets, the prices go up further.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2009, 09:16 AM   #2053
Starkers
Admiral

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
The BBC have announced the first four of their 10 live Championship matches for this season - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/8124105.stm
Cardiff, Derby, Forest, Ipswich, QPR, Newcastle and WBA are involved and the games will be watchable on the website too. Already an improvement on Sky's Championship services. Looking forward to this, and I have the Forest game down as one to try and get to this season as well.
Yeah took me a bit by surprise as I hadn't realised the BBC were actually showing full games. I'd assumed it would be a Match of the Day highlight type show.

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2009, 10:00 AM   #2054
Jax
Admiral

Ribery told a paper today he wants out and only to Madrid but looks that might be a problem since Madrid are refusing to pay such a high price of 50-60 million. They look set to pinch David Silva for half the Ribery price and some in the media are saying it would be a better move since he's a young Spanish international who would settle quicker and the fans would warm to him easier.

Looks like Fergie got some work to do and I still feel he maybe should look at another winger but strikers is the priorty of course. Welbeck or Macheda should be sent out on loan in the PL for week in week out experience since Fergie is selling the better potential player Campbell. That leaves Rooney and the should remain bench warmer Berbatov meaning he needs at least 1 striker and I will remain in my choice of Hunterlarr who would be sold for a price of no more than 20 million. Also Ruud is set to join Lyon from Madrid now a bargain goalscorer for the French giants.
Old July 3 2009, 07:51 AM   #2055
Hermiod
Admiral

City are taking the piss now - Chelsea reject offer for John Terry.

If there's one player in the entire world they can't get it's him.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote