Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old June 9 2009, 01:43 PM   #1876
Jax
Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

First thing Milan should do is buy Ruud Van Nistlerooy or however you spell one of those awfully long Dutch names Perfect goalscorer and would suit the Italian legaue at his age very well.
Old June 9 2009, 01:47 PM   #1877
Starkers
Admiral

Don't rumours suggest Ruud will be off to join Harry at Spurs?

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2009, 02:19 PM   #1878
Daedalus12
Rear Admiral

Jax wrote: View Post
First thing Milan should do is buy Ruud Van Nistlerooy or however you spell one of those awfully long Dutch names Perfect goalscorer and would suit the Italian legaue at his age very well.
We are definitely not buying Ruud. The only people Galliani buys from Spain are washed-up Brazilians. We had all 3 of Ronaldo, Rivaldo, and Ronaldinho.

If there is any striker we are interested in it'll be Luca Toni but we already have Pato. Right now it's more important that we try to replace Kaka and Lavezzi from Napoli is a potential target.
"Bennett & Meyer are obviously the Ceti Eels introduced into the collective brain of Trekdom, leading to easy manipulation (TWOK), impaired cognitive functionality (TSFS), drooling (TVH), agonized death (TFF) and extended post-mortem twitching (TUC).
Daedalus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2009, 02:19 PM   #1879
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Ruud can't go to Serie A. You can't have him and Inzaghi in the same league - the linesmen's arms will get sore from all the offsides.

So are Madrid going Galactico again?
Old June 9 2009, 02:24 PM   #1880
Jax
Admiral

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
Ruud can't go to Serie A. You can't have him and Inzaghi in the same league - the linesmen's arms will get sore from all the offsides.
Old June 9 2009, 02:31 PM   #1881
Daedalus12
Rear Admiral

If Perez has his way this will be their attacking lineup next season.

----Raul---Villa---CR7

---Kaka---Gago---Ribery

The defense will be totally fucked.
"Bennett & Meyer are obviously the Ceti Eels introduced into the collective brain of Trekdom, leading to easy manipulation (TWOK), impaired cognitive functionality (TSFS), drooling (TVH), agonized death (TFF) and extended post-mortem twitching (TUC).
Daedalus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2009, 02:47 PM   #1882
Jax
Admiral

Daedalus12 wrote: View Post

----Raul---Villa---CR7

---Kaka---Gago---Ribery

I hope he would choose L.Diarra over Gago who couldn't tackle his way out of a paper bag. However I Agree he will go for flair over what he really needs and REAL will lose more games next year than they did this season.

At least Snejider can come to the PL, loved him at EURO 2008.
Old June 9 2009, 03:37 PM   #1883
Roger Wilco
Admiral

If there is any striker we are interested in it'll be Luca Toni but we already have Pato. Right now it's more important that we try to replace Kaka and Lavezzi from Napoli is a potential target.
Luca Toni is a lazy, overestimated, diving cunt. There have to be a hundred better strikers in Italy than him. It was almost comical last season, when the German referees finally realised that it is never a foul when he tumbles to the ground and he still kept diving over and over again.
Old June 10 2009, 02:29 PM   #1884
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

View Tomalak's Twitter Profile

Toni's no spring chicken either. Inzaghi can seemingly be relied upon to wake up in the spring and score a ton of goals, so I don't see why they'd need him. Adebayor has been linked from this end, but I don't know if there's been genuine interest from Italy. The Gooners might know better, but I've never rated him.

Milan could do with some younger players - people like Ambrosini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Nesta, Jankulovski and Zambrotta aren't going to last forever, though they are still very good players. I see they've signed Thiago Silva, who seems like a promising defender, and given that Favalli played alongside Maldini in quite a few games towards the end of the season, a needed signing. They could probably do with a goalkeeper and some pacy wing-backs too.

It will be interesting to see how Leonardo does as manager. I've always liked Milan, and want to see them do well.

----Raul---Villa---CR7

---Kaka---Gago---Ribery

On the other hand, they've got themselves a good manager, so if he's left to his own devices, they could do well. But I suspect there's little chance of that.

And please cut this "CR7" crap. It makes me want to vomit. Besides, he won't be number seven at Madrid, unless he steals the shirt off Raul's back.
Tomalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2009, 10:21 AM   #1885
Hermiod
Admiral

Manchester United have accepted an £80m bid from Real Madrid for Cristano Ronaldo.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2009, 10:32 AM   #1886
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Well, at least all that drama is over now...
Old June 11 2009, 10:36 AM   #1887
Hermiod
Admiral

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
Well, at least all that drama is over now...
£136m in less than a week, though. I wouldn't want to be Madrid's accountant right about now.
Old June 11 2009, 10:40 AM   #1888
Jax
Admiral

The KAKA and Ronaldo deal have just set a bad standard for football shit players will be worth £20 million now and the best will be worth 40-60 million. Not too mention anyone that REAL MADRID buy they are going to be charged 10% more than normal minimum as will UTD since they are being given 80 million on top of what am sure is a 30-40 million annaul transfer budget before hand.

So who does Fergie buy now ???

I think this means Rooney might now be played in his best postion instead of covering Ronaldo's ass on the wing. Benzema is a def now too but to replace Ronaldo who knows thats alot of goals and unless Fergie going to get Messi he's in trouble IMO sell Berbatov too at a lost and buy 2 of the following Villa,Tevez aor Benzema with Welbeck as 4th choice. Then buy Ribery and Snejider and sell Nani. Time to re-invent Utd as I do think despite 3 PL's in a row and two CL finals they were looking a little stale towards the end of the season.

oh well Glazers will be happy
Old June 11 2009, 10:47 AM   #1889
Hermiod
Admiral

If I was Ferguson, I'd talk Madrid in to sending Sneijder their way as part of the deal. Madrid are going to be selling a lot of quality players cheap to balance the books.

No way in a billion years does Messi leave Barcelona. The sort of money it would take to move him is money only Manchester City can spend and he won't go there.
Old June 11 2009, 12:06 PM   #1890
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

View Tomalak's Twitter Profile

Hilarious stuff. Of course Madrid's spending is absurd and shows all that is wrong with the modern game, but I can't help but laugh.

I don't have to see the greasy, preening, cheating prick on a weekly basis any more, and the Mancs will struggle to replace him. Happy days.
Tomalak is offline   Reply With Quote