Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old May 13 2009, 11:29 AM   #1696
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

View Tomalak's Twitter Profile
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Wasn't Coppell close to resigning last season? Seems like a decent bloke, but perhaps burnt out by a promotion season followed by two long, hard years in the premiership.
Tomalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2009, 05:25 PM   #1697
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
The press have talked him something rotten. You'd think no one else would come up with the 'tactical masterstroke' of putting on the club's best striker when a winning goal was needed with 20 minutes to go.
During the match itself, Jon Champion sounded so emotionally excited, I swore he was going to cry.

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
TheArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2009, 03:11 AM   #1698
Jax
Admiral

So whose going down ?

and will the media stop running the stupid reports that Wenger wants the REAL job...NOT A FUCKING CHANCE REAL
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2009, 12:20 PM   #1699
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Yeah, Wenger and Real Madrid sounds like pretty much the worst fit imaginable.

But they might offer him a shitload of money, so who knows...
Old May 20 2009, 01:26 PM   #1700
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

Maybe he'll do an "Agent Wenger". Go to Madrid, sign Adebayor, Eboue, Diaby and Silvestre for a combined €200 million, sell Higuain, both Diarras, Sneijder and Castillas to Arsenal for a tenner, then pop back to Ashburton Grove with a bag full of duty free booze and fags.
Old May 20 2009, 10:20 PM   #1701
Iasius
Rear Admiral

Sadly, I have to say Donetsk deserved to win.
Old May 21 2009, 08:20 AM   #1702
Hermiod
Admiral

Blue is the colour.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2009, 10:25 PM   #1703
Daedalus12
Rear Admiral

Now all the seasons are coming to a finish. I just want to say something about Senderos.

This guy is the ultimate fail. He is the definition of a walking disaster and a swiss cheese in defense. His ridiculously clumsy tackles make you want to bash his head in with a bat. His granny pace would be fine in Serie A if not for the fact that his positioning is still horrendous after 6 months playing with Paolo Maldini. This makes me question whether or not he has any functioning brain cell in his head. Fuck did our scouts even watch him play for Arsenal? I mean he can't take on any defender 1 on 1 without being nutmegged. Wenger you can have him back.
"Bennett & Meyer are obviously the Ceti Eels introduced into the collective brain of Trekdom, leading to easy manipulation (TWOK), impaired cognitive functionality (TSFS), drooling (TVH), agonized death (TFF) and extended post-mortem twitching (TUC).
Daedalus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2009, 07:56 AM   #1704
Hermiod
Admiral

Daedalus12 wrote: View Post
Now all the seasons are coming to a finish. I just want to say something about Senderos.

This guy is the ultimate fail. He is the definition of a walking disaster and a swiss cheese in defense. His ridiculously clumsy tackles make you want to bash his head in with a bat. His granny pace would be fine in Serie A if not for the fact that his positioning is still horrendous after 6 months playing with Paolo Maldini. This makes me question whether or not he has any functioning brain cell in his head. Fuck did our scouts even watch him play for Arsenal? I mean he can't take on any defender 1 on 1 without being nutmegged. Wenger you can have him back.
At this point I'm wondering if TrekBBS has merged with the Arsenal forums I visit.

Listen, we knew he was crap. Why do you think we loaned him out ? It's called revenge for nicking Flamini off of us.
Old May 22 2009, 10:41 AM   #1705
Hermiod
Admiral

Fabregas cleared in spitting row.

Hull should get a hefty fine for this, at least. In fact, throwing around these lies just because they lost should carry a points deduction.
Old May 22 2009, 11:10 AM   #1706
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

That's just as bad. They haven't been able to prove the allegations, but equally there's no evidence Brown made the whole thing up. Best just to drop it and move on.
Old May 22 2009, 12:28 PM   #1707
Hermiod
Admiral

Tomalak wrote: View Post
That's just as bad. They haven't been able to prove the allegations, but equally there's no evidence Brown made the whole thing up. Best just to drop it and move on.
Fabregas was not just cleared, he and Arsenal were told that there was no case to answer.

Amongst other things, Hull, also accused Arsenal if trying to influence the referee at half time which I consider to be a serious allegation, one they were unable to prove.

Hull's behaviour during the whole affair has shown up the complete lack of class and respect they have. From Brown saying that Arsene has never shaken his hand (YouTube disagreed) to the bizarre comments about how Fabregas was dressed on the night in question.
Old May 22 2009, 02:02 PM   #1708
Starkers
Admiral

What we're not even allowed to comment on Arsenal players fashion sense (or lack thereof) anymore?
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2009, 02:24 PM   #1709
Hermiod
Admiral

Starkers wrote: View Post
What we're not even allowed to comment on Arsenal players fashion sense (or lack thereof) anymore?
It's well known that Arsenal players have no fashion sense, but that's not really relevant to Hull's case against him.

That said, Mr. Brown can hardly talk given that I've seen him wearing bright orange shirts to match his fake tan.
Old May 22 2009, 03:00 PM   #1710
Starkers
Admiral

Oh yeah, I remember the 3 weeks when he was out manager...he didn't half wear some odd stuff...and what's the thing with the tan, what's he got to hide! (or is he just naturally orange perhaps?)
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote