Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old April 29 2009, 06:19 PM   #1636
Garak
Mr Garak. Today My Name is Mr Garak

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

sttngfan1701d wrote: View Post

Alves and Iniesta constantly rolling around was ridiculous. They almost made Drogba look like an honest player.
No small feat.
Old April 29 2009, 09:51 PM   #1637
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Impressive performance by Scum, at least in the first half, a lot better than either team yesterday. Although I doubt they are happy with the 1:0, that still gives Arsenal a shot in the second leg, which wouldn't have been necessary.

Anyway, I hope Barcelona makes it, could be an interesting match. If Chelsea advances to the final, I won't bother watching.
Old April 29 2009, 11:41 PM   #1638
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

I agree. Another bout of Man United Vs Chelsea isn't my idea of fun. Arsenal Vs Barcelona would be many people's idea of a great final, but sadly it looks as though Man United will be there again.

I find it difficult to look beyond United winning it again sadly.
Old April 30 2009, 02:04 PM   #1639
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

View Tomalak's Twitter Profile

I seem to recall last year's final clashed with The Apprentice, so I only tuned in for the penalties. Even laughing like a drain when "JT" fell on his fat arse wasn't enough to distract from the reality of Wayne Rooney waving aloft the only thing with ears larger than his own.
Tomalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2009, 02:07 PM   #1640
Starkers
Admiral

Tomalak wrote: View Post
I seem to recall last year's final clashed with The Apprentice, so I only tuned in for the penalties. Even laughing like a drain when "JT" fell on his fat arse wasn't enough to distract from the reality of Wayne Rooney waving aloft the only thing with ears larger than his own.
Christopher Eccleston?

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2009, 10:18 AM   #1641
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

Old May 3 2009, 12:50 PM   #1642
Jax
Admiral

Apparantly our rich chairman has given Bily I want to buy 8 strikers Davies, £20 million for new player contracts and transfer buys. While I think this total of £20 million is wrong I do think Nigel wants to help Billy buy a team and not 11 strikers. Looks like we have struck a deal to sign Dexter Blackstock which means the end for Nathan Tyson IMO and with Robert Earnsahw and super sub Joe Garner we are in a good position for goals.

We look set to strike another loan deal or even buy right back Gunter, which could be a key deal though we need a centre back for the outgoing Breckin (my choice is Alex Baptiste who I saw make his debut in 2003 and man of the match performance in the League 2 Playoff final in 2004, real quaity there).

We need a tricky winger too and looks like were going to sign Lee Camp though am happy with Paul Smith.
Old May 3 2009, 06:25 PM   #1643
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

I am gutted.

The only thing keeping me slightly sane now is the prospect of welcoming Newcastle and Leeds to the new stadium across the road and destroying them.

And I guess at least I'm not a Norwich supporter.
Old May 3 2009, 08:37 PM   #1644
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Jax wrote: View Post
Apparantly our rich chairman has given Bily I want to buy 8 strikers Davies, £20 million for new player contracts and transfer buys. While I think this total of £20 million is wrong I do think Nigel wants to help Billy buy a team and not 11 strikers. Looks like we have struck a deal to sign Dexter Blackstock which means the end for Nathan Tyson IMO and with Robert Earnsahw and super sub Joe Garner we are in a good position for goals.

We look set to strike another loan deal or even buy right back Gunter, which could be a key deal though we need a centre back for the outgoing Breckin (my choice is Alex Baptiste who I saw make his debut in 2003 and man of the match performance in the League 2 Playoff final in 2004, real quaity there).

We need a tricky winger too and looks like were going to sign Lee Camp though am happy with Paul Smith.
Billy's eyes would light up at £20m, he'd be wondering just how many midfielders he could buy. Billy's idea of a good defender is a midfielder that knows how to tackle, and his idea of a good striker is a midfielder who can shoot.

I wouldn't trust Billy Davies with £20m roubles, let alone sterling.

Young Nige will be concentrating on getting our defence sorted out over the summer. Good keeper, creative midfield and good options up front. Sort the defence out and we'll be alright next season. Sounds like we're looking to sort something out for Barazite again for next season, either loan or permanent.

Rob Hulse got our player of the season this year. Personally, given the massive change in fortunes I'd have given it to Gary Teale who for most of this season has looked a completely different player to that one that played under Billy and Paul Jewell.

Derby, Forest and Leicester all in the same division again next season. Only need Leeds to come up as well and we're in for some cracking games next year.
Old May 5 2009, 09:51 AM   #1645
Starkers
Admiral

I think Hulse deserved the award for his contribution over the whole season, Teale has been a bit of a revalation but only for a few months. Assuming we don't lose anyone vital over the summer then I'm quietly confident about next season. My main worry is that I doubt Nige has much of a budget, and if BD is getting £20 million then it might initially make a difference...can't believe there's talk of him buying Camp who he got rid of from us in his early days!

Considering some of the team who might be coming down (please let Newcastle be relagated, please!!!) it could indeed be a cracking league, and the sort of league where all the big teams keep beating each other and anyone can win it.

Old May 5 2009, 04:37 PM   #1646
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

Starkers wrote: View Post
(please let Newcastle be relagated, please!!!)
A joke one of the Setanta puppets told:

What's the difference between Alan Shearer and Newcastle?
Next season Alan Shearer will be on Match of the Day.

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
TheArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2009, 08:34 PM   #1647
StolenThunder
Poster

Arsenal having a little accident here. Still, maybe there'll be a fantastic comeback and if not we'll just have to win the whole thing next year.
StolenThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2009, 09:37 PM   #1648
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Safe to say that was not a 'little' accident. Fletcher's sending off was a joke, otherwise very good night for United. Lovely third goal.
Old May 5 2009, 09:39 PM   #1649
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

You've got to remember that this is a very, very young team.
Old May 5 2009, 10:12 PM   #1650
Starkers
Admiral

TheArsenal wrote: View Post
Starkers wrote: View Post
(please let Newcastle be relagated, please!!!)
A joke one of the Setanta puppets told:

What's the difference between Alan Shearer and Newcastle?
Next season Alan Shearer will be on Match of the Day.
Ha I like it!