RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,691
Members: 24,828
Currently online: 508
Newest member: ncc1500

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old April 3 2008, 09:34 PM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

News Bullets

• As seen at ShatnerVision, William Shatner discusses how his hip surgery had sidelined him from riding horses for a while and how he was looking forward to getting back in the saddle again.

• TrekMovie.com reports that George Takei appeared recently on the Conan O'Brien show, where he took shots at William Shatner for Shatner's inability to pronounce "Takei" properly and at Shatner's acting style, of which Takei said, "I thought it sucked".

• As reported by Trekweb.com, Rob Caves, executive producer of the fan series Star Trek Hidden Frontier, Star Trek: The Helena Chronicles, Star Trek: Odyssey, and Operation Beta Shield, has announced a new four-part mini-series titled Star Trek Federation One.

The mini-series will focus on the President of the United Federation of Planets, and fans will see the day-to-day operation of the Federation and the inner workings of Federation government. A conspiracy that threatens the peace with the Romulans will be much of the focus of Federation One.

• An interview with Rob Caves regarding Star Trek Federation One can be seen at Trekweb.com, where Caves explains more about the series. The official website for the series can be found here.
Old April 3 2008, 10:54 PM   #2
donners22
Commodore

Re: News Bullets

Sometimes I get the impression Takei is a really funny and good-natured person, other times he comes off as incredibly bitter.
Janeway: Ha! Good one, Ensign. Take us in, Mr. Paris.

http://www.fiveminute.net/voyager
Old April 3 2008, 11:11 PM   #3
dajames
Ensign

Shame on George Takei

I am really tired of this "anything for a laugh" mentality that Mr. Takei has adopted lately. He makes fun of his cast mates, and ALLOWS himself to be the punchline to many anti-gay jokes. It's not very attractive, I have to say.

I spent an afternoon with him at a convention in the 80's, and I assure you, he didn't "bad mouth" other actors then. I find it... very disappointing.
--------------------------------------------
TrekMovie.com reports that George Takei appeared recently on the Conan O'Brien show, where he took shots at William Shatner for Shatner's inability to pronounce "Takei" properly and at Shatner's acting style, of which Takei said, "I thought it sucked".
Old April 4 2008, 02:26 AM   #4
zenophite
Rear Admiral

i find it silly for any of the actors in TOS to criticize anyone else's acting. Takei is no great actor himself.
Old April 4 2008, 03:07 AM   #5
dajames
Ensign

As a professional actor myself, I feel very strongly about this. Actor's simply don't criticize other actor's work. Each of us is obviously doing the very best that we can.

What did Spock say to Kirk in WOK when asked how his cadets would perform?

"Each according to his gifts,"

A little generosity, friends, is a sign of strength.

LLandP
dj
Old April 4 2008, 04:12 AM   #6
zenophite
Rear Admiral

dajames wrote: View Post
As a professional actor myself, I feel very strongly about this. Actor's simply don't criticize other actor's work. Each of us is obviously doing the very best that we can.

LLandP
dj
well said.
Old April 4 2008, 04:20 AM   #7
Pioneer
Captain

dajames wrote: View Post

LLandP
dj
Thank You. Well said. I'm sure George Takei is a lovely man with a great sense of humor. He's just hanging around Howard Stern too much.
Looking to build Element #137 (Feynmanium)