TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old May 1 2008, 06:33 AM   #31
Donny
Commander

Re: My Star Trek Mod

You mean screenshots of the TWOK Enterprise I made??
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2008, 05:25 AM   #32
Donny
Commander

Took a break from the engineering level and decided to go ahead and create the officer's quarters. I don't have much decor made for them yet, so a lot of the odds and ends on the shelves can also be found in McCoy's office.

I'm really satisfied with how the colored lighting worked out. Gives it a real groovy 60s feel to the overall look.

It's unfortunate for me to tell you that MotS is such an old engine that it doesn't allow for reflective surfaces, so when you walk up to the mirror you can't see the player model's face. However, after getting a chance to walk around the Enterprise I doubt the last thing anyone would complain about would be that you can't see your face in the mirror

It's also unfortunate that the models (like the chair, doors, safe, etc) are unresponsive to the colored lighting of the game engine. That explains why the doors are grey and not tinted green like the surrounding walls. It's a pain in my rear, and I apologize if it detracts at all from the realism.

And yes, you can open the safe!

And for this shot, you can see how easy it is to redecorate for the next tenant....carpet colors, lighting, bed and desk placement, etc...all took about 5 minutes to set up a new cabin next door.

http://rigel7studios.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Donny; May 8 2008 at 05:41 AM.
Old May 11 2008, 09:40 AM   #33
Donny
Commander

No comments? No critiques?

Old May 11 2008, 06:17 PM   #34
PlanetMudd
Lieutenant

Maybe everyone else is as stunned as I am with these fantastic images and we're collectively holding our breath in anticipation of the mods release?

What's your policy on using screenshots taken in your mods? Just credit you, and if so exactly how?

JM.

Art of a Deviant: My gallery of D&D, Trek, whatever ...
PlanetMudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2008, 07:59 PM   #35
Philo
Commodore

PlanetMudd wrote: View Post
Maybe everyone else is as stunned as I am with these fantastic images and we're collectively holding our breath in anticipation of the mods release?
Yes, that's the ticket!

Seriously though, Donny, these images are absolutely stunning. I feel inadequate to describe it. I just want to see more.
Philo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2008, 06:55 AM   #36
Donny
Commander

One of the Rec Rooms onboard the Enterprise, this one being located on Deck 5 near the officers' quarters.

Spent way too much time on the food trays. It's those little details that count though.

On the foreground table you can see a bowl of Plomeek Soup to the left and a nice crisp salad on the right.

Chicken noodle soup, chicken sandwich, and those irresistible colored food cubes. And a tight game of Space Checkers over to the right.

Wouldn't be complete without a tri-dimensional chess board.

Coffee, menu padd, and nondescript menu selection cards.....

Last edited by Donny; May 16 2008 at 07:00 AM.
Old May 16 2008, 03:43 PM   #37
dougkeenan
Commander

View dougkeenan's Twitter Profile

Absolutely fantastic!!! Nice touch with the colored food cubes! (And because you know we're Trek nerds I note KL3 on your chessboard is one quarter out of rotation.)
dougkeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2008, 02:19 AM   #38
Wingsley
Commodore

Does anyone know what the difference may be, if any material difference exists, between the rec room/mess hall and the "briefing lounge" seen in the teaser to "Where No Man Has Gone Before"?

If there is a difference, will you be doing that room as well?
Old May 21 2008, 07:34 AM   #39
Donny
Commander

Actually as far as I know the briefing lounge set seen in "Where No Man Has Gone Before" was not used as any Enterprise interior after that episode. It apparently was struck after the pilots finished up and the stages were redressed / rebuilt for the filming of the regular season. That room was a round room, also used for the briefing room in "The Cage", with slight re-decoration.

Some speculate that this room still existed on the Enterprise even though it was not featured in any of the later episodes. Shaw, I believe, is incorporating that belief into the deck plans he's working on.

I, for one, am not currently planning on putting this room into my Star Trek Mod. The reason is that, again, I am not creating a deck-by-deck representation of the Enterprise. Instead, just featuring a few key decks to make the basic setting for my game. I already have the season-used briefing room and rec room featured, and will function as such in my game. Having another briefing room seems redundant, even though there were perhaps several onboard the Enterprise.

However, if I release a "Virtual Tour" of the Enterprise, I will perhaps incorporate the room in question into the mod.

Old May 22 2008, 04:41 AM   #40
Donny
Commander

The Ship's Chapel, with the lighting and paint scheme seen in Balance of Terror, as opposed to The Tholian Web. Although there are only subtle differences, I liked the Balance of Terror version better.

Old May 22 2008, 02:58 PM   #41
Redfern
Commodore

If this place of worship were dedicated to the ship's head nurse, would it be thereafter known as...

...wait for it...

...I don't think you'll like the punchline...

...OK, here's it comes...

... the Christine Chapel?

Er, I'll get me coat!

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti

Last edited by Redfern; May 22 2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Phrased the setup better
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2008, 05:54 PM   #42
M
Vice Admiral

^ I laughed.

Again, fantastic job, Donny!
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2008, 07:01 PM   #43
TIN_MAN
Fleet Captain

I agree, the BOT chapel is much better than the TTW version, except for the dark blue carpet in the latter , which was cool, IMHO. Just a thought on your staterooms, In the original series we ocasssionally saw an oval table instead of the standard one you show here, since you show a double stateroom in the last series of pics above, you might consider pairing it with the oval tables, as franz Joseph did, and thereby add a little more veriety for your game? Keep up the great work!
TIN_MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2008, 08:08 AM   #44
Donny
Commander

TIN_MAN: Actually, I was waiting to make the oval table model. I didn't get around to that until I built the rec room. I'm currently working on "filling in" the rest of Deck 5 with random officer's quarters. Probably only going to have three or four featured. I'll probably re-create Kirk's quarters to a T. And then have the main character's quarters, and then perhaps one more (perhaps the main characters best friend, love interest, etc). I would love to do Spock's quarters, but it had so many organic looking objects, and I'm not all that good at recreating irregularly shaped objects. In all three or four, I will make sure to change up the arrangement, furniture, decor, etc.

I'm actually considering making a "enlisted crew's quarters", which is half the size of the officer's quarters. It would be the right half of the room, with a bed, small desk/table, and the circular nook. However, this would seem to disagree with what we see on the show. Rand, who was an enlisted crew woman, occupied quarters that were the full size double-room. So this kind of makes me feel like it would be incorrect. Any thoughts?

Oh, and TIN_MAN, both the briefing room and the rec room have the blue carpet. I thought by leaving the chapel's floor grey, as seen in Balance of Terror, it would further make this room unique since all three rooms are basically the same design. Plus the red on grey contrast is a little more striking that the red on blue

Old June 3 2008, 07:09 AM   #45
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

Hey Donny were you ever involved in any of the mods for Star Trek elite force over at spacestation K7 or with Synchromesh.......your stuff is just as good looking as all their stuff, if not you definitely should have been.

http://www.synchromesh.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.html
http://spacestationk7.eliteforce.com/briefingroom/

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote