Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old March 11 2008, 10:25 PM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Trek Stars at Creation Entertainment Convention

Patrick Stewart took time out of his busy schedule starring in Macbeth to attend a Star Trek convention where he joined Brent Spiner in a little light-hearted teasing of the fans.

As reported at TrekMovie.com, the Creation Entertainment convention held in New Jersey last weekend brought out the Star Trek stars. In attendance were: Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner(Data), Dominick Keating(Reed), Armin Shimerman(Quark), Rene Auberjonois(Odo) J.G. Hertzler(Martok), Max Grodenchik(Rom), Robin Curtis(Saavik), Chase Masterson(Leeta) and Casey Biggs(Damar).

Stewart told fans that Peter Jackson wanted him for Gandalf for Lord of the Rings, but Stewart wanted another role which he did not reveal. Stewart also engaged in a bit of fun with Spiner posed as a fan to ask silly questions and poke gentle fun at the fans.

Spiner promoted his Dreamland CD and told a story about a university that wanted to give him the "Robot of the Year" award. (He declined the award.)

Auberjonois and Shimerman teamed up and discussed a scene from Boston Legal which they did together and which was written as an homage to their Deep Space Nine Quark/Odo relationship.

Keating took advantage of the absence of his friend and Enterprise co-worker Connor Trinneer to make fun of him in a lighthearted way. He blamed the demise of Enterprise on Rick Berman.

To read more and see the video of Stewart and Spiner joking around, head to the link located here. To see pictures of the convention courtesy of TrekBBS member KirkPicard, head here.

Old March 12 2008, 01:27 AM   #2
Pioneer
Captain

Re: Trek Stars at Creation Entertainment Convention

I wish I could have been there. To see Chase Masterson in person would have been worth the price of admission all by itself.

Spiner turns down a "Robot of the Year" award from a university!?! Jerkoff.

And Dominick Keating is exactly right about the demise of Enterprise. But I think Braga deserves some of the blame too. B&B blame Paramount and/or the now defunct UPN but that's just so much bullshit.

I loved the "Quark and Odo Show" on Boston Legal.
David Kelley is a fuck*ng genius!
Looking to build Element #137 (Feynmanium)
Old March 12 2008, 05:29 AM   #3
MattJC
Fleet Captain

Re: Trek Stars at Creation Entertainment Convention

I know most fans want to blame Berman and Braga for everything ( and they do deserve some blame), but UPN has to have it's share too.
As I recall, it was UPN who wanted to sex up Voyager and wanted some more "futuristic" stuff on Enterprise, hence the Temporal Cold War.