Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old April 23 2008, 10:12 AM   #166
Sean_McCormick
Captain

Re: Schematics made with Vance's toolkit

A little bump with two ships, i did a while ago

Foundroyant class courier

Terrible class fast destroyer

Sean_McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2008, 05:26 PM   #167
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Cool ships there
Old April 23 2008, 07:45 PM   #168
Sean_McCormick
Captain

Taylor class light cruiser

(and the side view of Eridanus has been corrected)
Old April 26 2008, 10:14 PM   #169
Sean_McCormick
Captain

Another civy, the Class 181 (Coates class) stellar research vessel

Old April 26 2008, 10:45 PM   #170
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile

Nice designs, Sean! I think the Foundroyant is my favorite, I've always been partial to the idea of the secondary hull going through the saucer like that.
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
EliyahuQeoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2008, 12:44 PM   #171
Bernard Guignard
Captain

darkwing_duck1 wrote: View Post
I'm going to cross post this with my own thread, simply because I think it turned out so well, and I know there likely are people reading this thread that haven't been to mine.

Inspired by the description if the "battleships" in Diane Duane's "The Wounded Sky", one of which also appeared in the early "Rihannsu" books as a "Defender-class destroyer". I took some liberties, but given the vague nature of the description I don't know how many. To give you a sense of scale, the saucer section is approx 130% the size of a Constitution-class'.

130% the size of the constitution then that is one very large bridge I would have stretched out the saucer to make the Bridge seem a little smaller that would give you a better visual clue as to the size of the sauces currently it looks like the saucer is the same size a a Constitution class.

Vance great Job on the Bonaventure Class
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trekno...yguid=89237652
Bernard Guignard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2008, 03:28 PM   #172
darkwing_duck1
Vice Admiral

Bernard Guignard wrote: View Post
darkwing_duck1 wrote: View Post
I'm going to cross post this with my own thread, simply because I think it turned out so well, and I know there likely are people reading this thread that haven't been to mine.

Inspired by the description if the "battleships" in Diane Duane's "The Wounded Sky", one of which also appeared in the early "Rihannsu" books as a "Defender-class destroyer". I took some liberties, but given the vague nature of the description I don't know how many. To give you a sense of scale, the saucer section is approx 130% the size of a Constitution-class'.

130% the size of the constitution then that is one very large bridge I would have stretched out the saucer to make the Bridge seem a little smaller that would give you a better visual clue as to the size of the sauces currently it looks like the saucer is the same size a a Constitution class.
Actually, the proportions are pretty much correct...EVERYTHING about that class is upscaled compared to a Connie. "My Enemy My Ally" introduces several "sub races" of Denebian that are considerably larger than the standard 2m humanoid. The ship mentioned in MEMA had a personnell transporter platform large enough to land a shuttlecraft on. If I erred on sizing, I'd say I made the ship too small...
darkwing_duck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2008, 11:34 PM   #173
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe

This is a WIP that I've been toying with. It is the prototype of what would become my Cochrane-Class:

I'm not sure how appropriate it is for this thread though, since very little of it has any of Vance's parts in it anymore.
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
Old May 2 2008, 12:15 AM   #174
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Nice WIP there
Old May 2 2008, 03:35 AM   #175
Sean_McCormick
Captain

EliyahuQeoni wrote: View Post

[...]

I'm not sure how appropriate it is for this thread though, since very little of it has any of Vance's parts in it anymore.
As long as it has something from the toolkit in it in...

Anyway, nice work on that design!

Inspired by the "My "Early Days Enterprise" Would Look Like Battlestar:Galactica" thread, here is an pre Federation Earth ship based on the BSG design:

Don't think that more than the bussard collectors, the antenna and mount from the main sensor/deflector and the windows are from the toolkit.

Last edited by Sean_McCormick; May 2 2008 at 03:53 AM.
Old May 2 2008, 04:26 AM   #176
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Sean_McCormick wrote: View Post
EliyahuQeoni wrote: View Post

[...]

As long as it has something from the toolkit in it in...

Anyway, nice work on that design!

Inspired by the "My "Early Days Enterprise" Would Look Like Battlestar:Galactica" thread, here is an pre Federation Earth ship based on the BSG design:

Don't think that more than the bussard collectors, the antenna and mount from the main sensor/deflector and the windows are from the toolkit.
Awsome

cant wait for a TOS and TMP version
Old May 2 2008, 05:52 AM   #177
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Here are a couple more I've been working on. They are from roughly the same era as the Cochrane-Class. I see them as actually being built immediately after the initial Warp Prototype Ship had been completed for use in the war with the Kzin, with the Cochrane-Class being completed after the hostilities were over, since during a time of war all resources would have been directed at the war effort. The Bridge/Conning tower was inspired by the submarine like design of the DY-100, with a bit of the Disney Nautilus thrown in.

Old May 2 2008, 12:18 PM   #178
Sean_McCormick
Captain

Eliayu, i love those designs! The progression from the DY-100 towards that specific MJ-design becomes tangible, which in my book is a good thing.

Nathan, i'm not sure that there is a reason for a TOS or TMP version of the BSG ship. That ship looks how it looks because of the primitive technology of it's time, with more efficent reactor and engine technology the engineering section will get much smaller, i see more of a development into a Baton Rouge style ship (which would make the TOS era version to be the Constitution).

There is this Design though, which you can also find on Vance's homepage.

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...-cargo-tug.php
Old May 2 2008, 01:39 PM   #179
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Sean_McCormick wrote: View Post
Eliayu, i love those designs! The progression from the DY-100 towards that specific MJ-design becomes tangible, which in my book is a good thing.

Nathan, i'm not sure that there is a reason for a TOS or TMP version of the BSG ship. That ship looks how it looks because of the primitive technology of it's time, with more efficent reactor and engine technology the engineering section will get much smaller, i see more of a development into a Baton Rouge style ship (which would make the TOS era version to be the Constitution).

There is this Design though, which you can also find on Vance's homepage.

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...-cargo-tug.php
oh ok my bad its just i've always wondered what a TOS or TMP BSG look alike would look like is all since i've already seen a TNG style one
Old May 2 2008, 04:49 PM   #180
Sean_McCormick
Captain

A design to point out the development from a "Battlestar" development towards the classic Enterprise configuration. To me points towards the Baton Rouge.

This is somewards near the midpoint.