Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old April 14 2008, 04:42 PM   #151
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Re: Schematics made with Vance's toolkit

Sean_McCormick wrote: View Post
Class 235 container transport
"Federal Movers", eh? You should have put "We Move Anywhere" on the side.
Old April 14 2008, 06:39 PM   #152
AmbassadorKosh
Lieutenant

I gotta ask, is that Federal Movers ship a part of the Federations "rag-tag fugitive fleet"?
AmbassadorKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2008, 07:44 PM   #153
Sean_McCormick
Captain

AmbassadorKosh wrote: View Post
I gotta ask, is that Federal Movers ship a part of the Federations "rag-tag fugitive fleet"?
When the Borg wipe out the Federation and hunt the last survivors (with a plan),... sure!
Sean_McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2008, 09:22 PM   #154
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile

Lokks great, although i would not use colored symbols on a otherwise black and white schematic
Thanks! Good point about the color, I hadn't considered that.

Edit: I updated the above image in grayscale.
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy

Last edited by EliyahuQeoni; April 14 2008 at 10:15 PM.
EliyahuQeoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2008, 01:23 AM   #155
darkwing_duck1
Vice Admiral

I'm going to cross post this with my own thread, simply because I think it turned out so well, and I know there likely are people reading this thread that haven't been to mine.

Inspired by the description if the "battleships" in Diane Duane's "The Wounded Sky", one of which also appeared in the early "Rihannsu" books as a "Defender-class destroyer". I took some liberties, but given the vague nature of the description I don't know how many. To give you a sense of scale, the saucer section is approx 130% the size of a Constitution-class'.

darkwing_duck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2008, 08:44 AM   #156
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe

Ok, this is a second shot at a design I posted up-thread as the "Lewis & Clark." I was never 100% pleased with the design as it stood, especially the neck between the primary and secondary hulls, so I did a bit more work on it. Oddly, it was initially the Daedelus style nacelles that I was dissatisfied with, but those are one of the only things I didn't change yet!

Edit to add:And I noticed as I added this image that I--as I did with the original--forgot to add the sublight engines. Oh well.. you can expect another update soon!
Edit #2: Ok, its fixed. The sublight/impulse engine is there now, though mostly hidden behind the warp nacelle in the side view.
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy

Last edited by EliyahuQeoni; April 15 2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old April 15 2008, 01:41 PM   #157
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Nice looking Schematics there : EliyahuQeoni and darkwing_duck1
Old April 16 2008, 12:41 AM   #158
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Here's another one. Its a variation on the Justinian design posted above. I see it as a slight predecessor to that class and an alternate to the NX-Class from ENT, which is where I got the idea of naming the initial run after the U.S. Space Shuttles. As an added bonus, I actually remembered to include an impulse engine this time!

Old April 16 2008, 11:19 AM   #159
Sean_McCormick
Captain

Another great design! The "named after space shuttles" theme was also one of the things, that i really liked about Enterprise (without of course the name Enterprise). Nice to see, that you also included the soviet shuttles in the list.
Old April 16 2008, 05:17 PM   #160
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

What Sean_McCormick said
Old April 16 2008, 07:24 PM   #161
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Another great design! The "named after space shuttles" theme was also one of the things, that i really liked about Enterprise (without of course the name Enterprise). Nice to see, that you also included the soviet shuttles in the list.
Thanks! I think I had as much fun coming up with some of those names as I did making the ship. I wanted to try and give it more of an international feeling, which is what I would expect from a United Earth Ship

Edited to add: I'm still not 100% satisfied with the names I chose. Voyager and Orion are US centered names and I wanted more international ones, but couldn't come up with anything else at the time. Suggestions are welcome!

Last edited by EliyahuQeoni; April 16 2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old April 16 2008, 08:16 PM   #162
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Akira?

Bismark?

Yamato?

Ryoko?

Zepplin?

Mariposa?

Santa Maria?

Sarcosta?

Congo?

i dunno id go look in a book of non English Baby names
Old April 16 2008, 09:01 PM   #163
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Those are all good, but I was specifically thinking of names that were related to non-US space programs. Like the Russian shuttles or Israeli astronaut and shuttle crewman Ilan Ramon.
Old April 17 2008, 12:05 AM   #164
Sean_McCormick
Captain

I filled the ranks on my Columbia class with various vessels of exploration ( i actually have names for all but two of the vessels in my earthship line (yes, i'm THAT mad )), the naming themes for my other explorer classes are greek mythology and historic explorers.

Code:
ENC    Ship          Class         Type           Owner      Year of Launch

07    Columbia      Columbia      Explorer       UESPA      2127
 08    Challenger    Columbia      Explorer       UESPA      2127
 09    Discovery     Columbia      Explorer       UESPA      2128
 10    Atlantis      Columbia      Explorer       UESPA      2129
 11    Endavour      Columbia      Explorer       UESPA      2129
 12    Buran         Columbia      Explorer       UESPA      2130
 13    Ptichka       Columbia      Explorer       UESPA      2130
 14    Beagle        Columbia      Explorer       UESPA      2130
 15    Polarstern    Columbia      Explorer       UESPA      2131
 16    Vincennes     Columbia      Explorer       UESPA      2131
 17    Duyfken       Columbia      Explorer       UESPA      2131
 18    Expedition    Columbia      Explorer       UESPA      2131
Old April 17 2008, 12:24 AM   #165
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Very cool, Sean. And I'd say you're no more mad than I am, but I'm not sure thats much consolation

"We're all mad here" - The Cheshire Cat