Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old March 2 2008, 06:30 AM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Bruce Greenwood On The Defensive

The secrecy around Star Trek XI has Bruce Greenwood minding his words and being careful not to disclose anything lest he violate the disclosure agreement that all of the actors had to sign.

As reported by the MTV Movies Blog, Greenwood could only answer the most general of questions. When pressed for details he couldn't give, Greenwood said, "I canít tell you anything! I gotta stop talking to you. Donít ask me anymore questions!"

Greenwood was certainly half-joking when he gave that reply to a reporter recently while attending the Independent Spirit Awards, where he was being honored for his work in the Bob Dylan I'm Not There, but he admitted that the disclosure agreement for Star Trek XI was rather large.

"The disclosure agreement is like, that thick,Ē said Greenwood, holding his hands six inches apart. He then lifted his jacket over his face and hid his face in it. "We go to the set like this," he explained. "Iím not kidding, thatís all we can do! We leave our trailers, get to the set, and I'm not kidding!"

Greenwood was able to talk about his feelings about Star Trek in general. He admitted to being ignorant about Star Trek before landing the role of Captain Pike, but "Then I started to do my homework and became a fan pretty quickly actually."

To read the article and see a short clip of Greenwood, head to the link located here.

Old March 2 2008, 04:55 PM   #2
Procutus
Admiral

Re: Bruce Greenwood On The Defensive

I hope all this intense secrecy is really worth it, not to mention the wait we must now endure until the movie's release. I hope it's truly indicative of just how good this movie really is. I want to believe it is and I certainly want it to succeed.

I just hope that the expectation does not turn out to be greater than the event.
Old March 2 2008, 07:40 PM   #3
T'Cal
Commodore

I really like what I've seen of his work so I'm expecting great things from Pike in this film. Although it's been 13 years, I'm still disappointed by the cancellation of his UPN series "Nowhere Man" starring Greenwood. I may pick it up on DVD soon.
Old March 2 2008, 09:01 PM   #4
Procutus
Admiral

I like Greenwood as well, I thought he was superb as JFK in Thirteen Days.

So yeah, I'm expecting a good Pike performance as well.

:thumbsup:
Old March 2 2008, 09:20 PM   #5
Pioneer
Captain

Procutus wrote: View Post
I like Greenwood as well, I thought he was superb as JFK in Thirteen Days.

So yeah, I'm expecting a good Pike performance as well.

:thumbsup:
Yes, Thirteen Days is the role I remember best when I think of Bruce Greenwood. He looks a lot like JFK anyway and he nailed him in that role. I'm looking forward to his performance in ST-XI.
Looking to build Element #137 (Feynmanium)