New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old March 4 2008, 04:31 AM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Nichols And Burton On Baird And Abrams

J.J. Abrams is doing the right things according to Nichelle Nichols and LeVar Burton.

As reported by SciFi Pulse, both Nichols and Burton are optimistic about Star Trek XI. "I like J.Jís work," said Nichols, "and I have a great deal of respect for him." She went on to explain that "I have a greater deal of respect for him that instead of going ahead and recasting after having initially got the green light from Paramount, which he could have done, he instead asked to meet separately and equally with all the original cast members."

Nichols was pleased that Abrams seemed sincere in soliciting input from the actors who portrayed the original series characters. "He didnít make a big deal about it," she said. "I mean, he called one, he called the others and asked our agents if he could talk to us, and I went on and had lunch with him. We talked about it and he wanted to know my opinion."

"Just the sort of things Stuart Baird didnít do," said Burton. Burton felt that Stuart Baird, who directed Star Trek: Nemesis, did not have enough knowledge about Star Trek. "He knew nothing about it," said Burton.

Nichols jumped at the chance to meet Zoe Saldana, who plays the new Uhura. "I was thrilled when I met her," said Nichols. "She is a beautiful young woman."

Nichols has revisited the Star Trek world, appearing in Star Trek: Of Gods and Men. She was impressed with the replica of the Enterprise Bridge and found her first line of dialogue on the Bridge was rather apt. "As I live and breathe," were the lines, which echoed her thoughts when she first saw the Bridge when arriving there to film her scene.

To read the article, head to the link located here.

Old March 4 2008, 07:48 AM   #2
Pioneer
Captain

Re: Nichols And Burton On Baird And Abrams

Well, dip me in shit and call me stinky!
Looking to build Element #137 (Feynmanium)
Old March 4 2008, 05:01 PM   #3
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Re: Nichols And Burton On Baird And Abrams

Now that's what I call respect? I mean Abrams went above and beyond calling the original actors and actually talking to them about his plans. This is something the guy didn't have to do but did anyway! It's clear he's serious about making a great tribute to the original show and the ORIGINAL ACTORS. As a long-time Star Trek fan he has my thanks.