Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old February 6 2008, 08:07 AM   #46
Gibraltar
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Full Speed Ahead

As promised, Act V is indeed steamy, but not excessively so. Ariel is an interesting sort, a free spirit constrained under most circumstances by Starfleet rules and regulations. Removed from such restrictions, she becomes a force of nature, and one Leone obviously isn’t beyond using to her (and the crew’s) advantage.

Leone has an easy grace to her command style, as if she’s been sitting in the center seat for years rather than weeks. Obviously, her good genetics and upbringing have helped, but she’s a natural. On the cusp of a desperate engagement, she has the presence of mind to evoke the ship’s namesake and focus her people on the serious work ahead.

A really terrific segment.
Old February 6 2008, 08:57 AM   #47
Zefram_Cochrane
First Faster Than Light

View Zefram_Cochrane's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Zefram_Cochrane Send a message via AIM to Zefram_Cochrane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zefram_Cochrane Send a message via Yahoo to Zefram_Cochrane

Thanks for reading all the way through to the end of the second episode. Alas, I have not yet written the third's teaser, because I've been trying to get through my original fic in time for submission to a publisher.

Unfortunately, that means fanfic takes a back seat. But I do hope to have the third episode up before the end of the month.

-- ZC

Visit my writing blog or my fanfic profile at Ad Astra.
Zefram_Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2008, 10:39 AM   #48
Mistral
Vice Admiral

What do you publish original fic as?

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2008, 07:05 PM   #49
Zefram_Cochrane
First Faster Than Light

View Zefram_Cochrane's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Zefram_Cochrane Send a message via AIM to Zefram_Cochrane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zefram_Cochrane Send a message via Yahoo to Zefram_Cochrane

I publish as a... human? I'm not sure I understand the question.

-- ZC

Old February 6 2008, 08:10 PM   #50
Mistral
Vice Admiral

I guess I'm breaking a rule or something but you would be publishing under a different name than Zefram, correct?

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2008, 08:41 PM   #51
Zefram_Cochrane
First Faster Than Light

Oh. Yeah, I do write under different pen names. One for each genre, so I can cultivate them differently.

-- ZC

Old February 7 2008, 09:11 AM   #52
CeJay
Commodore

Ok I got caught up on this.

You know back in the 21st centruy we have another name for women like Ariel, and it is not a falttering one.

She is too much fun of a character to dismiss her however and I'm willing to entertain her free-sprited attitude towards sex.

What continues to make this stand out for me is your excellent characters and their interactions. I also like the lower decks angle, even if their conversations are not excactly what we've come to know from Starfleet officers. Obviously that was your intention, and it does make for an interesting change.

I'm very curious to see more of this soon.

Now with a complete United Trek story archive.
CeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2008, 07:19 PM   #53
Zefram_Cochrane
First Faster Than Light

Wow, thanks, CeJay. You know, Star Eagle is how I found out about United Trek

As for Ariel, well, it's hard being a half human half Orion officer serving on a starship, isn't it? But she is a lot of fun to write and given the fact that Trek seemed to gloss over a lot of the more basic aspects of humanity in order to present a more hopeful future, I always felt that there was more going on behind the scenes than what 40-42 minutes of airtime could show us.

Besides, a race of enlightened humans wouldn't discount their sexuality or hide it away, or be embarrassed by it. I think they'd use it as another weapon in their arsenal. That's just my interpretation.

And I think it makes for some good entertainment, too

-- ZC

Old February 12 2008, 07:32 PM   #54
Zefram_Cochrane
First Faster Than Light

Just a little bit of an update. I officially hit the halfway mark on the spec novel I'm writing, so that means about another week before I go back to FSA and finish the third part of "Damn the Torpedoes!"

Also, I've been asked by some emails if Damn the Torpedoes was going to be made available in print, and the answer is YES. It will be published through lulu.com at cost (meaning I will charge nothing above what lulu charges for printing). So, if you're looking forward to holding a copy of the pilot episode in your hands, it'll most likely be available in March or April (the complete cover needs to be finished).

Thanks for all your support, guys! I hope to get more story to you soon (especially since I left you off at a cliffhanger)!

-- ZC

Old March 3 2008, 10:23 PM   #55
Zefram_Cochrane
First Faster Than Light

Good news! I finished my novel, so I'll be working on episode 3 while also revising it.

-- ZC

Old March 7 2008, 04:08 AM   #56
DavidFalkayn
Commodore

Just finished reading Act III, A nice bit of gearing down before ramping up the pace again. You do a good job in developing characters--I'm envious. I'd like to echo Gibraltar on Aspinall and O'Day, they are a pair of horny twenty-somethings who are in bad need of a shoreleave!

Very well done! Now, to read Act IV...
Old March 7 2008, 09:32 AM   #57
Zefram_Cochrane
First Faster Than Light

Thanks, David. I appreciate the kind words. I'm presently writing Episode 3, right now.

-- ZC

Old March 8 2008, 02:02 PM   #58
DavidFalkayn
Commodore

Just finished reading act IV. Speaking from personal experience, I know how difficult it is at times writing a strongly sexual and hedonistic character--especially female--within the world of Starfleet. You have to maintain a very careful balancing act. It's very easy going over the top and turning the character into a parody, but you've succeeded here with Ariel. Her smoldering sexuality comes through very nicely and it does in little ways. A gesture...a pulled down jumpsuit zipper...they all do the job very well.

Very nicely done!
Old March 9 2008, 11:03 PM   #59
Zefram_Cochrane
First Faster Than Light

DavidFalkayn wrote: View Post
Just finished reading act IV. Speaking from personal experience, I know how difficult it is at times writing a strongly sexual and hedonistic character--especially female--within the world of Starfleet. You have to maintain a very careful balancing act. It's very easy going over the top and turning the character into a parody, but you've succeeded here with Ariel. Her smoldering sexuality comes through very nicely and it does in little ways. A gesture...a pulled down jumpsuit zipper...they all do the job very well.

Very nicely done!

Well, thanks. I hope you feel the same in Act V, when the zipper goes way down

I intend to play more to her baser instincts as the series progresses. Which will most likely be both arousing and troublesome for her ship as each situation she gets herself into may or may not be dealt with as smoothly as DtT2 does. I just needed to get out the word about how she's mixed-race and how Leone likes to use that to her advantage (and further, how Ariel doesn't mind when she does).

There's way more to Ariel's relationship with Leone than I've exposed, but then, that's what the series is for, right?

As always, thanks so much for reading!

-- ZC

Old March 9 2008, 11:04 PM   #60
Zefram_Cochrane
First Faster Than Light

Good news, everyone. The teaser and Act I for Damn the Torpedoes! Part III is completed. I will be posting the teaser here no later than Monday. I hope you guys feel it was worth the wait!

-- ZC

PS: The teaser for Milk Run (episode 4) is also done. I couldn't wait, and I wanted to write the new first officer while I had the thought in my mind!