RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 149,592
Members: 26,487
Currently online: 449
Newest member: jerrypcampe

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old January 22 2008, 10:45 PM   #121
Vice Admiral
Re: Which part of the ship is this?

Therin of Andor said:
Dale Hoppert said:
Biggest dork to be 'adopted" into the franchise since Eric Stillwell.
There's a pecking order of Trekkies now? How IDIC!

I say "Good luck to them!", doing a job many fans can only ever dream about, and getting paid for it.
Oh, you're right. I recant. I just resent him because I knew him as a plain ol' fan working at Creation's Star Trek store in the Glendale Galleria. He was more of a fanboy than I was and it paid off for him, and I guess I still have a chip on my shoulder about it.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. - 2 Timothy 4:3
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2008, 10:59 PM   #122

I'm wondering where this shot is supposed to be taking place. I'd always assumed Enterprise was assembled in space, but these workers are obviously not wearing space suits and are dealing with gravity.

I'm guessing we're looking at the space equivalent of a dry dock: An air-filled structure in Earth orbit. Either that or the ship is being built on Earth and then is somehow sent up to space, which doesn't make much sense.
TrelaneRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2008, 11:03 PM   #123

Look there are 3,465.12 posts about that allready.
It's just a TEASER, it has nothing to do with the actual film at all, it's designed to let peolpe know a new Star Trek film is on it's way, THAT'S ALL !
Woulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2008, 11:14 PM   #124
Lieutenant Junior Grade

asp7485 said:

Which part of the ship is this? I can't tell...

Hmmm... Looks like the main hull of the "proof of concept" for the V'Ger upgrade by the machine planet's robotic drones.
FlyingTigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2008, 11:21 PM   #125
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

At first I thought it was a shot down the backbone of the secondary hull. Those two 'fins' on either side would be the nubs of the un-finished nacelle struts. Then, I went along with others assuming it was the top of a nacelle. But given the scale of the people and how large that would make the ship, I'm now leaning more towards my original take.
"I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. I play video games, which I think is a far superior addiction to any of those other ones. "
Corran Horn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2008, 05:01 AM   #126

You know, the more I look at what we've seen of this ship, the more I'm convinced the shot in question is "dorsal nacelle" without the ship being too much bigger than the original. It's obvious the nacelles are "chunkier" relative to the rest of the ship than on the old girl, and the fins/intercoolers are mounted further outboard, pretty much at the lateral edges of the nacs, so the extra room between them actually looks OK without the ship being "a monster".
shipfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2008, 05:04 AM   #127
Vice Admiral
Location: Splashing on some Tiberius before a night on the town

looks like part of V'Ger.
I am constantly surprised by the close-mindedness of some fans...this means change as well as a positive attitude. Without those things, how can we ever achieve that Trek future we enjoyed so much on TV? --Bjo Trimble
seigezunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2008, 02:41 PM   #128

Sorry, clearly the end of one nacelle, looking forward.

Can't be the engineering hull, since the nacelle-struts are longer in this picture, even look connected (on the left, saucer on the right):
Sean_McCormick is online now   Reply With Quote