Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old January 17 2008, 12:09 AM   #211
misskim86
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to misskim86
Re: What would have improved Voyager?

Alright I can't argue with that, altough bad press might get you cancelled too
Old January 17 2008, 12:13 AM   #212
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I's true. DS9 is so grand, other than "appreciation" threads saying how much each and every single episode is mag... Well, that got boring quickly.

Voyager is so imperfect and unfinished and clumsy, with so many dead ends and mistakes and consistencies and careless behaviour and writing that I'll be find errors and fusterclucks for years to come.

I suppose I could defend DS9? But there's no real enemy over there to rise to the occassion for.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Old January 17 2008, 12:58 AM   #213
DumbDumb2007
Commander

Voyager shoukld have been a larger ship with more cew and a youthful male captain would have made sense. Janeway was a good idea but it worked against them.
the guy who played the officer from the Enterprise-C would have made a good Captain ( Scott Mcdonald?) as w ell as Bill Campbell who almost played Riker.
To have a woman Captain and then rely on a subordinate officer for the fist fights Blew... The character of Seven of Nice is what saved the show from cancelaltion like Enterprise .
The idea of an ex borg on the ship should have come in in yr 1 and it shoulkd have bene structured differently with diff stories wite the Captain making an occasional move like Captain Ransom . Using teh Kazon and playing them at their own game would have worked.
Letting the whole ship get captured was sheer stupidity.
Holograpohic engineers should have been introduced in the first episode .
The ship should have had saucer sep capability with a Battle Bridge that would have made more sense to have since the ship was in more battles.
The idea of the Delta Flyer should have been thought of in season 1 but it wouldk have bene to much like DS9"s Defiant which is why it was put in later on.
Tom Paris shoukd have been made into the Ops Officer and Harry Kim should have really taken over the Astrometrics lab and been senior Ops Office wit ha greater set of responsibilities. A Whole new Conn officer from the Maquis shoukd have bene cast. A super youthful non couch potato.
Torres shoukd have been a Full Klingon. the half breed stuff didnt work.
Janeway also should have been Captain of an eariler ship like a Reliant type ship. Her decisions were flawed. Tuvok should have been established earlier on as an officer who had served on the Excelsior.
It goes on...
Old January 17 2008, 01:07 AM   #214
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

There were fist fights?

Janeway running around pretending to be Ripley in Macro Virus showed that if the scripts told hr to be action girl that Kate could carry the issue.

Apart from the boxing episode? Chuckles was always the peace maker because Janeway was insanely violent starting wars with everyone they met.

It took 6 years for me to see Tim Russ do some Kung Fu in Gravity and I lept for joy utterly.

Voyager just didn't have that much bare knuckles violence.

Old January 17 2008, 03:10 PM   #215
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Guy Gardener said:
Chuckles was always the peace maker because Janeway was insanely violent starting wars with everyone they met.

Dude, check out the eps. where Janeway leaves Chakotay in charge of the ship. He's gets a shoot first, screw the questions attitude every time.
Old January 17 2008, 03:16 PM   #216
exodus
Fleet Admiral

DumbDumb2007 said:
Voyager shoukld have been a larger ship with more cew and a youthful male captain would have made sense. Janeway was a good idea but it worked against them.
the guy who played the officer from the Enterprise-C would have made a good Captain ( Scott Mcdonald?) as w ell as Bill Campbell who almost played Riker.
To have a woman Captain and then rely on a subordinate officer for the fist fights Blew... The character of Seven of Nice is what saved the show from cancelaltion like Enterprise .
The idea of an ex borg on the ship should have come in in yr 1 and it shoulkd have bene structured differently with diff stories wite the Captain making an occasional move like Captain Ransom . Using teh Kazon and playing them at their own game would have worked.
Letting the whole ship get captured was sheer stupidity.
Holograpohic engineers should have been introduced in the first episode .
The ship should have had saucer sep capability with a Battle Bridge that would have made more sense to have since the ship was in more battles.
The idea of the Delta Flyer should have been thought of in season 1 but it wouldk have bene to much like DS9"s Defiant which is why it was put in later on.
Tom Paris shoukd have been made into the Ops Officer and Harry Kim should have really taken over the Astrometrics lab and been senior Ops Office wit ha greater set of responsibilities. A Whole new Conn officer from the Maquis shoukd have bene cast. A super youthful non couch potato.
Torres shoukd have been a Full Klingon. the half breed stuff didnt work.
Janeway also should have been Captain of an eariler ship like a Reliant type ship. Her decisions were flawed. Tuvok should have been established earlier on as an officer who had served on the Excelsior.
It goes on...
Your making Voyager a carbon copy of every Trek before it. I'm sorry my man but there isn't one original idea here.
Old January 17 2008, 03:18 PM   #217
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

^^ Isn't that a non-sequitur?
Old January 17 2008, 03:40 PM   #218
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Angel4576 said:
^^ Isn't that a non-sequitur?
No, it was an episode of Voyager.
Old January 17 2008, 03:51 PM   #219
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

^^ How appropriate
Old January 17 2008, 03:59 PM   #220
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

exodus said:
Guy Gardener said:
Chuckles was always the peace maker because Janeway was insanely violent starting wars with everyone they met.

Dude, check out the eps. where Janeway leaves Chakotay in charge of the ship. He's gets a shoot first, screw the questions attitude every time.
I'm thinking of equinox when he wants to keep the side arms velcroed to their utility belts as a sign of good faith, but janeway tells him "no way" because it's "take aim and wait for the order to shoot to kill." And I'm also thinking of Basics when the Vulcan is making Weapons and Janeway is making lines in the sand, but Chakotay rescues a baby from a volcano heralding a new age of peace.

Are you thinking of Scorpion? but even then his plan to screw the Borg was only to leave them some place safe and run away instead of exterminating 8472. Hell even in an episode called "The Fight" he's communicating via being a gimp bitch to weird aliens who talk with a freaky accent.

When was Chakotay the bloodthirsty one?

Old January 17 2008, 04:25 PM   #221
billcosby
Commodore

Nudie day in Stellar Cartography.
Maybe Mondays.

Old January 17 2008, 04:31 PM   #222
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Q2 was a fair episode because Icheb and q were fun together, and maybe that the hedgehog had his vocal cords removed. Seven's complete nudity in Stellar Cartography barely registered.

Or, did you mean male nudity?

Old January 17 2008, 04:44 PM   #223
Ezri
Captain

Strange but true 7 of 9 with her set of boobs did save the show.
Old January 17 2008, 05:47 PM   #224
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Was the show really going to be canceled if Jeri Ryan didn't "maintained" the ratings? I'll admit that her introduction did increase Voyagers profile, but then she was a no nothing actress from nothing who was made by Voyager more so than the other way around. how well did "jeri" increase the ratings more so than any other Borg with a "killer" bod? Did the ratings increase at all eve how dramatically?

Voyager had a decade worth of Momentum by that point, something awful would have had to have been happening for it to lose all that momentum other than consistently awful stories since that is the bread and butter which every one expected and felt nourished by.

Old January 17 2008, 06:12 PM   #225
Ezri
Captain

Guy, DS9 had Jadzia Dax and she walked around pointing her boobs out. If DS9 did not have such a dark background and she was not in black around her breasts she would so stand out.

With Jerri, she has boobs and the show wanted to show them off any way they could. Silver gee man silver outfit my god man they had them pointing out all the time.

That is what Voyager became, watch us as we have a woman with huge breasts. Kes did not work, Torris she was ok, could not have a captain with hooters.
Closed Thread