Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old December 24 2011, 06:20 PM   #61
PonyHorton
Ensign

Re: Fan Production Submissions

Hi, fellow Trekkers. Here is a link to my latest production, a fan film inspired by the fan series STAR TREK: PHASE II.

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/?p=770

It's called "1701 PENNSYLVANIA AV." and is a short comedy/parody.

Here is the official description...

Released Christmas Eve, 2011 as a little “Stocking Stuffer” for the Star Trek Phase II fans who wait so patiently between episodes, Gravity Arch Media presents a fan film inspired by Star Trek Phase II…
“1701 Pennsylvania Av."
President Nixon just loved to secretly record everything that occurred in the oval office. Phone calls, personal and political conversations, meetings. Everything got recorded on audiotape.
But what happened on a very special night in 1969 when President Nixon forgot the tape recorder was recording? His secret service detail, Agent Smith, has the dubious job of keeping the president’s imagination on the ground: “And I thought Johnson was a handful!”
PonyHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26 2011, 05:09 AM   #62
DestinyCaptain
Commander

Location: U.S.S. Destiny NCC-720 Leif Ericson II Class Explorer

Pretty sweet.
DestinyCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2012, 04:25 AM   #63
TroiFan4ever
Lieutenant Commander

[QUOTE=Tom;1075966]
Takes place in 2306, 12 years after Captain Kirk died in Star Trek: Generations./QUOTE]

Not to sound bitchy or anything, but actually Captain Kirk died in 2371... if I'm unmistaken as Star Trek: Generations took place during that year.
Old March 17 2012, 05:22 AM   #64
SteveNeill
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Trek Sirius

My name is Steve Neill and I have worked in visual effects for over 35 years now. I have always been a big fan of Star Trek and have had the honor of working on it more than once.

On TMP I worked for Fred Philips and made Nimoy's ears and did some of the other make up designs. Much about this you can read about on my personal website: www.sneillfx.com

Last year I did a 47 part series on You Tube which documented my scratch building of the TOS Enterprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfub2v8LcBc

At the end of the series I had planned to film her and put her in space. One thing lead to another and a short film became bigger. I built an all CGI bridge. A real replica command chair and more. Much of this you can see on my personal website.

It ended up being a pilot for a spin off called Star Trek Sirius. The name of the ship and a pun as the captain has a beloved dog that goes everywhere with him.

The pilot is shot and cut. We are now adding the many visual effects. I'm sure some of you will not like it and pick it apart. That goes with this territory I really don't mind but the idea is to have fun.

BTW Doug Drexler makes a cameo you can see part of in the first trailer. He's an old friend. I'll stop there because this is getting quite long. Click on my signature to go to the site or here http://makestarshipsnotwar.com/ and thanks for looking.

Steve
Old March 17 2012, 05:28 AM   #65
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

That bridge is entirely CGI? Damn. I would never have guessed that. Well done.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2012, 05:32 AM   #66
SteveNeill
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks yes all CGI. The first show will have a partial set and some real stations but the design of the bridge will be a bit different from the Enterprise. The USS Sirius is a different class and a 20 year old ship. The basic story is on the website.

Thanks again,

Steve
Old March 17 2012, 06:20 AM   #67
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

Thanks for the information! I am creating a paragraph about your upcoming release at Star Trek Reviewed. However, I am asking for clarification. Are you in fact pitching this film to Paramount as a spin off, or should I treat it as a Fan Film? (My website is about Fan Films, but I do have a single page I devote to pitches for new series, including everything from The Lions of the Night and Star Trek: Phoenix to some non-Trek pitches by Gene Roddenbury). This is a thread for fan films! I'm not clear where to put Star Trek: Sirius!
Barbreader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2012, 06:33 AM   #68
SteveNeill
Lieutenant Junior Grade

No this is strictly a fan film. So not to worry. I appreciate very much you concerns and help!

All the best,

Steve
Old March 17 2012, 01:40 PM   #69
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

SteveNeill wrote: View Post
No this is strictly a fan film. So not to worry. I appreciate very much you concerns and help!

All the best,

Steve
Thanks! You are now (f) here: http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/210.html, but when the film is released it will be moved to it's permanent location. If it is over 10 minutes and tells a whole story you will also get a Headline at the top of Star Trek Reviewed.
Old March 17 2012, 07:11 PM   #70
SteveNeill
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks Barb. It is over 10 minutes and it's a series. This is just the pilot. The episodes will be 40 minutes. Thanks so much fro your help!

Steve
Old March 18 2012, 05:07 AM   #71
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

Looking forward to following your own personal Trek journey! By the way, I usually list approximate location (and put you on my map, vis: http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/4.html ). What's approximate location?
Too exact: 123 Post Road, Boston, Mass.
Good: Post Road, Boston Mass. or Boston, Mass
Too General: Mass., or New England or USA or 3rd Rock from the Sun.
Old March 18 2012, 05:18 AM   #72
SteveNeill
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Barb I'm in Los Angeles county. To be exact Northridge CA. Only 40 minutes from Paramount. So I'm practically home town for Star Trek.

thanks Barb,

Steve
Old March 18 2012, 10:50 AM   #73
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

OK, you are now, literally, on the map!
Old March 18 2012, 09:41 PM   #74
SteveNeill
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well thank you Barb. and I rather liked the Frisco Kid myself.

Steve
Old March 20 2012, 06:12 AM   #75
SteveNeill
Lieutenant Junior Grade

While Matt Boardman works on re-texturing the Enterprise I thought it about time I got the USS Sirius underway. I’ve always had an idea of what I wanted in my mind it was just a matter of finding the time to sit at modeler and get her going.

She is a 20 year old work horse who has been through many of a hard battle and left to rot in a dry dock in orbit.

She is the ship that star Fleet gives Captain Neill. A sort of fixer upper as it would be.

At this point in the game she is a rough wire frame. No texture maps, no bump maps. Just in a raw form.

Now that I have all the basic design in one piece I can move on to texturing and adding the smaller details. But being an old per TOS ship she should have even less detail than her eventual constitution class to follow.

Here is what I have so far. There will be of course more to come. Be sure to watch the video in HD and full frame.

Enjoy,

Steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uCja5a6TzQ