Red Shirt Diaries Returns Next Month
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

ISS Astronaut May Join Trek Fan Film

Quinto Sports New Trek Uniform

Star Trek: Renegades Released Early
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old October 14 2007, 01:55 PM   #31
Elmo Dukat

Re: The official welcome thread

Even though I'm not a newbie, I want to say to everyone here that I started becoming active on TBBS after the end of Enterprise, which means my time here has been completely active-Trek-less

So in terms of something new coming out, I'm a n00b

The last time I was able to chat on a BB about new Trek was back in the mid 90s on the AOL Trek Message Boards.
Old October 28 2007, 03:39 PM   #32
STARTREK11
Lieutenant Commander

CaptainDonovin said:
About me: Married, 34 until my next birthday, live in Minnesota and work in manufacturing.

Been a Trek fan since TNG's 'Decent pt. II' and haven't looked back since. Would put DS9 as my favorate followed by TNG and ENT (no bashing) but it's hard because I seem to just love Trek, period. Joined the BBS last year and have been working on a Trek series of my own that I am writing but have been side trakced by something called carcinoid syndrom which is basically cancer. Slow growing and managable but it's still cancer and scared the hell out of me. However I intend to finish my little novel and post it on a website I am working on as well as beat this. As Will Riker once said, 'I plan to live forever'.
Look up "flaxseed oil cottage cheese cancer", "blood electrification","geipe" in google.

or you can just trust the doctors and just stick with chemo.
STARTREK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2007, 08:37 PM   #33
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PKTrekGirl

I guess I'll write a little something as there are alot of posters in this forum I don't know very well.

I am PKTrekGirl and I've been a member of TrekBBS since mid-2001, although I lurked for a long time before that.

I'm been mod of the DS9 forum for almost 5 years - the only forum on TrekBBS where all the people who have ever been mod of the forum are still mod of the forum. Very low turn-over in there.

I'm been a Trek fan since I was a toddler (my mother watched it), and I like all the Trek shows to varying degrees - although DS9 is my favorite by a long, long way. My second favorite is either TOS or VOY (depending upon the day), and ENT comes after that. TNG is my least favorite, for a number of reasons which I won't go into here.

But my feeling is 'to each their own'...and as long as I have my DVDs, I am perfectly happy if other posters do not agree with my taste. Everyone, after all, has a right to be wrong. (J/K!!!!! No PMs please! )

My other favorite scifi shows are Babylon 5 (a very close second to DS9), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, (and yes, I LOVE the third season), and Doctor Who. But I also like Firefly, the Stargate shows, and many other things. I also love Heroes, but tend to require any show to have three or more seasons under it's belt before I declare it one of my favorites.

I'm also a huge fan of classic film, and watch alot of TCM. I prefer films from the 1920's through the 1940's...but I'll give anything a try.

Personally, I am a CPA and work for a Fortune 100 company which you have to have lived under a rock to have not heard of. Boring as hell, but it's a living.

That's pretty much it.

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
PKTrekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2007, 08:43 PM   #34
Kegek
Rear Admiral

^
1910s. Film makes its first bold forays as art in America and Italy. 1920s. Weimar Germany and Soviet Russia. Film reached near perfection. Then the Dane Carl Theodor Dreyer made The Passion of Joan of Arc. Film achieved perfection.

Really, everything's been going downhill since there...

Only sporadically involved in this forum. Started up in the TrekBBS in Dec. 2000, then working under the name Kegg. Left somewhere around 2002-03, came back this year, partly because of this new movie deal.

- All About Eve.
Kegek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2007, 03:57 AM   #35
Flavius
Vice Admiral

Hi there, I'm Cartmere.

I have been visiting since the late nineties and finally got myself an account after I moved to the US in 2002, my first one that is.
I don't spent much time here. Having a quite demanding job and three sons, and a wife, being an engineer and all - the day has only so many hours.
I remember, though, having a lot of fun with this board. There are interesting people here, and the new movie lured me back. Kind of.
I'm a longtime fan, since TOS. But TNG is my favorite. DS9 has grown on me quite a bit, though.

Enterprise I found simply abysmal. Some of you may know me from the lounges as flavius.
Old November 2 2007, 05:13 AM   #36
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

Hey folks, I'm archeryguy1701...
I'm a college student and have been a Star Trek fan for as long as I remember. I've been a BBS lurker for over 5 years now, but finally needed to signup earlier today.
I loved DS9 and thought ENT was good and getting better. While I'm a little worried about the movie, I am definately looking forward to it. I enjoy any quality Sci-fi, and some of my other favs include Firefly, Stargate, and Jericho. I look forward to finally getting involved on these boards!

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2007, 04:46 PM   #37
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

Welcome to the forum, guys! Hope you enjoy yourself!

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
Old November 2 2007, 05:10 PM   #38
ViveLaFrance
Ensign

BEFORE YOU READ THIS I WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

Hi, my name is Jeffrey.

I'm a 16 year old Dutch but I live in France, 20km near Paris.

I've been reading this board since a few days because of the new movie, so I decided to register. My favorite Star Trek series is Deep Space Nine, and my favorite captain is of course Picard because he's French.

That's it, I hope you understood what I said :thumbsup:
ViveLaFrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2007, 05:17 PM   #39
Kegek
Rear Admiral

Your English is fine. Basically, there's only one grammatical error in the whole thing: 'I'm a 16 year old Dutch' should be 'Dutchman' or 'Hollander'.

- All About Eve.
Kegek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2007, 02:08 AM   #40
Robert Burke Richardson
Captain

Hi! I'm not new, but I haven't been around for a while, so figured an appearance in this thread was appropriate.

Because I was drinking a glass of eggnog the first time I discovered these boards, I always crave it when I visit. Also, I always watch First Contact on Christmas Day for some reason.

Okay. Off to the store for eggnog...
Old November 9 2007, 08:52 PM   #41
Darth_Pinche
Captain

Greetings and salutations. I've heard a lot about his board and since I'm a full spectrum geek (comic books,Trek, Star Wars, Robotech,...) I figure I'd better catch up.

"Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers that smell bad"
Old November 9 2007, 09:12 PM   #42
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

^ Welcome to the board! Have fun!

Old November 23 2007, 03:43 AM   #43
Plum
Rear Admiral

Darth_Pinche said:

"Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers that smell bad"
Hey, brotha's got da quotes. Niiice.
Old December 29 2007, 03:52 AM   #44
section9
Commander

New guy here. Am looking forward to Trek being reborn in the TOS era, now that it's been taken out of the hands of the people who were killing it.

This movie will be a hit.
Old December 29 2007, 10:43 PM   #45
S'kai
Captain

Hello. Just getting started here.

I am commander of the first Prius-class Shuttlecraft, which you can see here: http://www.willieyee.com/ZHIntro.html

Looking forward to getting more involved on this board.

LLAP,

S'kai of Vulcan