A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old September 7 2009, 03:26 AM   #331
misterx3
Ensign

Re: The Official Welcome Thread

Hello. I'm, er, Mister X I suppose. I'm brand new to these boards and the Star Trek series too. So, as for my story: I first got into Trek when I was 4 or 5 (watching TNG as a kid), though I don't really take that into account since I barely remember any of it. Anyway, this past summer before the end of my sophomore year of high school, I went to the IMAX premiere of JJ Abrams' Star Trek. Being a major film buff, I don't usually like typical big budget films, but I thought it was a great flick. I was also shocked not only by the amount of people who had turned up (it was a relatively small town), but by how dedicated the fans seemed as well: almost half of the people there had dressed up and I even saw a few people who had their hair cut in a Spock-ish style. At points in the film, when one of the Spocks would do the V-sign, the entire crowd would as well.

After I left the theater, I felt that some pieces were missing. There were many references in the film that I did not understand as I had such a limited knowledge of the Trek universe. As soon as I got home, I logged onto Amazon and ordered the entire remastered set of The Original Series with one-day shipping for 200$. And so it began. From May 8 to today, I've been watching TOS and getting studied up on Trek. I currently am watching episode 4 of Season 3. Oh, and as for my opinion of it, it's been a lot better than expected. I always thought Star Trek was just a cheesy sci-fi show, which it is, but it's a cheesy, thought-provoking, intelligent sci-fi show.

I'm also digging the site; glad to see (or maybe it does happen, and I just haven't noticed it yet) that there doesn't seem to be any excessive flame-warring on here consisting of "ur gay", "no ur mom is", etc. Seems like everyone on here seems to be a bit kinder than the people you see on other forums.

So, yeah. Hello everyone.
misterx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 12:11 AM   #332
soranisevil
Cadet

Hi, everyone I'm SoranIsEvil!!!!

I saw the Star Trek 2009 movie and I became an instant fan. It was the first Star Trek I had ever seen, and now I loooove it. I've purchased dvds, action figures, etc.

Cardassians are my favorite!!!!!

qaparHa, Kirk!
soranisevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2009, 02:29 PM   #333
Australis
Writer

Hi to all the new guys, glad you liked the film!
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2009, 10:29 PM   #334
soranisevil
Cadet

Hello everyone! I am SoranIsEvil! This website is really cool. Hey, Halloween is coming up... are any of you going to dress as your fave characters?
soranisevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2009, 04:46 AM   #335
Cave Canis
Ensign

HI Trek Fans on BBS,

I'm new to this forum but not to ST. Cut my teeth in front of the family's new Zenith color TV watching TOS as it aired. Almost too much for a 13 year old West Virgininan in 1966, but not quite. I've been a fan ever since.

I live in Texas, love to write science fiction, read a lot, and paint a bit. I'm continually surprised by how many young folks have cottoned on to Star Trek since the new movie came out. I went to see it 8 times to see if there was something there I didn't like.

Glad to have found some place where it's not geeky beyond belief to talk about Star Trek.

Cave Canis
Cave Canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2009, 04:48 AM   #336
Cave Canis
Ensign

Oh yes, and as a body illustrator I will be working all day Halloween so YES I am going to wear a costume all day.... a vulcan... ahem, lady.

Cave Canis
Cave Canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2009, 02:29 AM   #337
Australis
Writer

Welcome you new guys! have fun here!
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Old October 15 2009, 07:35 AM   #338
FreddyE
Commander

Hi there...I´m a 27 year old trekkie from Germany. Star Trek fan since the initial broadcast of TNG in germany. Any other german fans here?
FreddyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2009, 04:10 PM   #339
Mimi Sky
Ensign

Hi... I'm Mimi... Coming from Croatia...
I'm fan of ST since I was 8... (for ten yeas actually...)

Btw... I love... love... love... the new ST movie... especially fiktor fiktor 2
Old October 17 2009, 07:56 PM   #340
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Welcome, new people!
Old October 19 2009, 12:40 AM   #341
Jerhanner
Cadet

Good evening.
I'm making the jump from the STMovie forum on the advice of people whose opinions I trust. Nice to meet you all.
Jerhanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2009, 10:33 AM   #342
FinalFrontier
Lieutenant

Fairly new here, I joined the board about 2 weeks ago, was randomly browsing through star trek related stuff online and found something linking back here. Just been posting in my free time which honesty hasn't been all that often. Nice to meet everyone.
FinalFrontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2009, 05:49 PM   #343
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral

I found this site when I was in the library surfing the internet for ST IX stuff when
I should have been doing homework. Eventually I found the "Facts about Captain Robau" thread. I had to surpress the outrageous laughter so as not to disturb anyone. Its all been downhill since then. I like reading everyone's opinions on this movie and the various series in general, but I'm mainly here for Robau, praise be to his badass-ness.
6079SmithW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2009, 12:23 PM   #344
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

Welcome to the forum folks

May Robau grant you infinite patience and humor. You're going to need it.

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2009, 08:17 AM   #345
Australis
Writer

Hi to all the new people!