Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old September 24 2007, 06:36 AM   #16
Dale
Vice Admiral

Re: The official welcome thread

Turbo said:
Hi, all. I'm Turbo, and I must be insane, because I seem to be the only person on Earth who doesn't like anything that J.J. Abrams has ever done.
You're not the only one... we're quietly hopeful, but we're legion...
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. - 2 Timothy 4:3
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2007, 04:17 PM   #17
Garth Rockett
Commodore

Hello, I'm Garth Rockett and I've been around here for about three years I think, but I tend to lurk for the most part.

I've also been a Trek fan since I was 11, but for me that was 1987. TOS is my favorite with DS9 close behind. I also love TNG, liked ENT for the most part, and found some things to enjoy about VOY as well. I'm looking forward to the new movie.
Old September 24 2007, 05:00 PM   #18
seigezunt
Vice Admiral

Location: Splashing on some Tiberius before a night on the town

good idea.

Hello, I'm seigezunt, and I've been a ST fan since when it was first in reruns in the early 70s, and I remember the fun years before there were any movies, and when the movies were a big deal. I loved the TOS movies, and watched (and enjoyed) TNG and the start of DS9, but lost interest in the franchise around the time Voyager soiled our TV screens. Having come back to trek via the Crucible books and the Herb Solow book, I'm cautiously excited about the new movie, because it promises to bring back (at least just once) the original characters, the only ones (I now realize) that I ever really cared about.
I am constantly surprised by the close-mindedness of some fans...this means change as well as a positive attitude. Without those things, how can we ever achieve that Trek future we enjoyed so much on TV? --Bjo Trimble
seigezunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2007, 05:08 PM   #19
DanTheGrey
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DanTheGrey

Well let's see, started watching TOS re-runs on CBC when I was a kid in the late 1970's. Watched TNG from day 1 and fell solidly in love with DS9. I grew up watching the movies on VHS, and saw Voyage Home and Final Frontier and Undiscovered Country in the theatres.

Voyager came along and I started to doubt my faith in Star Trek. Generations was okay, First Contact was better and was the last Trek I saw in the theatre. Insurrection and Nemesis were watched on VHS and DVD respectively.

I left Enterprise after 6 episodes, though have found the few season 4 episodes that I've watched to be much better than anything from season 1.

I hope that the reboot is good. I think it might be a bit early, but am willing to give it a chance. That being said, Star Trek doesn't have the drawing power or guaranteed pass at the theatres it did when I was younger.

I also have gotten back into the novels and currently feel that that seems to be where the true spirit of Trek can be found.
Old September 25 2007, 02:25 PM   #20
Dr. Chandra
Captain

Hey, Dr. Chandra here. Like seigezunt, I've been watching trek since the late 60's - early 70's. I joined up with this crew the year before Voyager ended. I can't wait for the new movie, and I'm optimistic about Abrams being in control.

And kudos, btw, to Sam Cogley for knowing how to spell curmudgeon. That's more impressive than supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
'The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure … America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.' - Senator Barack Obama, 2006
Dr. Chandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2007, 04:10 PM   #21
Jon1701
Rear Admiral

Word up.

Jon1701 here. Been posting on and off for about 5 years in this place, most of which in the dangerous world of FoT, which now seems like a Ghost town with the advent of this forum.

Took a month or so off to recharge my dilithium batteries (my head was spinning in all things Trek), but now i'm back. I'm not used to posting this high up the board, but the new smilies are nice...

Dammit, when are they casting Kirk? Has Chris Evans not said yes yet?
Old September 26 2007, 07:12 AM   #22
pookha
Admiral

View pookha's Twitter Profile

hi you all..
welcome to chance and garth the posting and not
lurking can be contagious.

some how i have a feeling about a year out they will announce the kirk casting.
Old October 2 2007, 12:30 AM   #23
V
Commodore

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste"

I've been watching Trek since almost as soon as I could stand ~1990ish and I watched all the way through until Enterprise's final episode. Yes, despite Berman and Braga's claims, there were really fans that watched all that time.

I hope we can rebuild it, rebuild Star Trek.
Old October 2 2007, 11:48 PM   #24
CaptainDonovin
Fleet Captain

View CaptainDonovin's Twitter Profile

About me: Married, 34 until my next birthday, live in Minnesota and work in manufacturing.

Been a Trek fan since TNG's 'Decent pt. II' and haven't looked back since. Would put DS9 as my favorate followed by TNG and ENT (no bashing) but it's hard because I seem to just love Trek, period. Joined the BBS last year and have been working on a Trek series of my own that I am writing but have been side trakced by something called carcinoid syndrom which is basically cancer. Slow growing and managable but it's still cancer and scared the hell out of me. However I intend to finish my little novel and post it on a website I am working on as well as beat this. As Will Riker once said, 'I plan to live forever'.
Old October 3 2007, 03:39 AM   #25
StarMan
Vice Admiral

HI. I'm Tristan. I have been a member for 42 Vorlon minutes and have a giant ham in my bathroom to nibble on. I like TOS, like TNG, like DS9, very iffy on Voyager and, oh, Enterprise sucks, IMNSBHO.

I welcome this new era in Trek and hope they fuck with Enterprise so much that those who worship the "lady" as transcendent all explode. :thumbsup:
Old October 3 2007, 07:26 PM   #26
Tyberius
Commander

Hi, I'm Tyberius. Mostly lurker. Been watching ST since TOS reruns and cartoons. I have watched TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT since EP1. I have not watched all of DS9 since it was on at a weird time slot when it was originally broadcast. I have watched all the other series' in their entirety.

I'm not really a fan of any of the fiction (never really read any of it - plenty of other stuff on my to-read list)

My nick was given to me by a friend of mine over 10 years ago (I don't know whose spelling it was - mine or his)
Tyberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2007, 08:44 PM   #27
ThankQ
Admiral

I am the Q for whom we are all thankful.
Old October 4 2007, 02:59 AM   #28
Kokomo
Commander

What's up everybody, I'm Kokomo. For me, Star Trek is the ultimate escape. I was exposed to it as a child watching reruns and have been in love with it ever since. While I do very much enjoy DS9, Voyager and even Enterprise, my favorites were TOS and TNG. My favorite episodes are "Balance of Terror" and "The Doomsday Machine" - they are Star Trek at its best! I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for the new movie that is coming out - I am gonna be the first one in line to see it! One thing is for sure - no matter what happens, I am a Star Trek fan for life!

This is Captain Kokomo signing off...
Old October 6 2007, 03:38 AM   #29
pookha
Admiral

View pookha's Twitter Profile

CaptainDonovin said:
About me: Married, 34 until my next birthday, live in Minnesota and work in manufacturing.

Been a Trek fan since TNG's 'Decent pt. II' and haven't looked back since. Would put DS9 as my favorate followed by TNG and ENT (no bashing) but it's hard because I seem to just love Trek, period. Joined the BBS last year and have been working on a Trek series of my own that I am writing but have been side trakced by something called carcinoid syndrom which is basically cancer. Slow growing and managable but it's still cancer and scared the hell out of me. However I intend to finish my little novel and post it on a website I am working on as well as beat this. As Will Riker once said, 'I plan to live forever'.
good luck in your battle.
tell the cancer to go jump into a blackhole.

welcome v,tyberius and kokomo.
Old October 6 2007, 04:52 PM   #30
Basill
Captain

Hello, I'm Basill (actually my all time favorite herb, and my dead cat's name- R.I.P.)

I work in a library and play in 3D modeling as a hobby. I love a wide variety of examples from the Sci-fi and Superhero genres, with a touch of Fantasy for flavoring (a little goes a long way.) Star Wars was my first love as a child but Star Trek took over as I matured, and the two pretty much hold the mantle of my heart to this day, though the pendulum swings back and forth depending on the season. Having an imagination and the good fortune of being a cherry picker has allowed me to find joy in all branches of Trek. I am happy to finally have an avatar. <reactivating cloak. return to lurk mode>

Visit my Trek Art blog at: http://starstation.wordpress.com/
Basill is offline   Reply With Quote