Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old February 17 2009, 11:48 PM   #166
deliciouscake
Ensign

Re: The Official Welcome Thread

Word up guys. I am new here but not to the fandom--currently rediscovering my childhood love for all things Trek, thanks to a trekkie boyfriend
deliciouscake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2009, 01:08 AM   #167
saddestmoon
Lieutenant Commander

Hey All!

Hi! Stating the obvious -I'm new here. I live in New Zealand, and have been a longtime Trek fan. I'm looking forward to the new Trek XI movie.

As much as I love Trek, and all things Trek, my bent is towards Trek starships - from every era and of every design. My all-time favourite design is the Refit Enterprise (TMP). The new Enterprise (as shown in various Trek XI trailers) looks awsome, IMO - I love it's look, most likely because it shares much in common with the refit Enterprise.

Anywho, enough about me! I look forward to participating in this community and engaging in some great discussions!

saddestmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2009, 03:24 AM   #168
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Welcome to the fun, new people.
Old February 22 2009, 10:45 PM   #169
andrewsean1701
Ensign

hi there im andy and ive just joined this forum, i was wondering if someone can tell me how to put an avatar on my profile.

thanks and i look forward to any replies. Andy
Old February 22 2009, 10:54 PM   #170
M
Vice Admiral

^ From the FAQ:

Avatars are only available once you have made 50 posts and been a member of the Trek BBS for at least two weeks. This is an anti-spam measure (and gives you something to look forward to once you've settled in). Once you are eligble, you can upload an avatar from your User CP. Click here to go to the avatar upload page.
To find out your post count and join date, please view your own profile.
Oh, and welcome to the board, andrewsean1701!
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23 2009, 06:47 PM   #171
andrewsean1701
Ensign

NCC-1701 wrote: View Post
^ From the FAQ:

Avatars are only available once you have made 50 posts and been a member of the Trek BBS for at least two weeks. This is an anti-spam measure (and gives you something to look forward to once you've settled in). Once you are eligble, you can upload an avatar from your User CP. Click here to go to the avatar upload page.
To find out your post count and join date, please view your own profile.
Oh, and welcome to the board, andrewsean1701!
ah ok no worries thanks dude.
Old March 8 2009, 07:04 PM   #172
LadyPenelope
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I suppose I should post in this thread. I'm a new fan, watched a couple of episodes last year and got hooked. It sure is addictive, lol.

Very much looking forward to the new movie. Especially because Quinto is the new Spock, yay.

LadyPenelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2009, 07:38 PM   #173
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Welcome to the fun.
Old March 8 2009, 09:16 PM   #174
M
Vice Admiral

LadyPenelope wrote: View Post
I suppose I should post in this thread. I'm a new fan, watched a couple of episodes last year and got hooked. It sure is addictive, lol.

Very much looking forward to the new movie. Especially because Quinto is the new Spock, yay.

Welcome to the board, Penelope. Which episodes (of which series) did you watch?
Old March 8 2009, 09:38 PM   #175
LadyPenelope
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The first ones i watched were in season 2 of Voyager.

Since then I've seen season one of the original series, 1, 2 and 3 of the Next Generation, most of Voyager and all the films.

Wow that is quite a lot when you write it down, lol.

LadyPenelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2009, 09:40 PM   #176
M
Vice Admiral

^ Yeah, that's definitely a lot of Trek. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Again, welcome to the fun! Hope to see you around.
Old March 15 2009, 06:39 AM   #177
The Shrike
Cadet

Hi everyone, I'm a huge sci fi fan who watched the original series when I was a kid, and have loved Star Trek ever since. I enjoyed TOS, Next Gen, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise without animosity, and some of my favourite characters are: Reg Barclay, Quark, the EMH from Voyager, and last but not least, the delectable Empress Sato.

I'm currently watching the new BSG, Fringe, Dollhouse, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Heroes, True Blood, Dexter, Chuck, Smallville, and Sanctuary.

I'm also a fan of Stargate, Babylon 5, Firefly, X-Files, Space Above and Beyond, Buffy, Angel, Farscape, The Wire, Regenesis, Sliders, Andromeda, American Gothic, The Lone Gunmen, and The Pretender.

My favourite authors are: Dan Simmons (Hyperion cantos), Greg Bear (Forge of God, Anvil of Stars, Moving Mars), Larry Niven (Ringworld), and George R.R. Martin (Song of Ice and Fire).

I've been clunking around the net for a long time, and I even remember stumbling upon this place when it was darker and bluer a few times, but that was many computers ago, so hello again Trek BBS.
The Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2009, 07:30 PM   #178
Lord Garth

I'd like to bring complete and total closure to the issues I've had with the forum and this thread seems to me like the best opening.

The forum is okay once you know how to navigate the waters. It just takes a lot of effort and isn't something I want to do on a regular basis. But for anyone who actually wants to put in that time, go for it.

I think the key is to remember that a lot of these people are going to want to talk about these things longer you do, so just look for the nearest exit when you're done and let them continue.
Old March 22 2009, 06:45 PM   #179
Roberto
Lieutenant

Hi fellow space cadets!

I'm a fan of almost anything sci-fi related and I also enjoy horror.
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2009, 05:30 PM   #180
lynaem
Cadet

hi all i'm new here, i'm form Australia and waiting on a phone call to tell mr whether or not i won ticket tp the premier in sydney.

I love zachary quinto he's the only reason i wanted to see the new movie but now i want to see it cos it looks like its going to be really good.
lynaem is offline   Reply With Quote