Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old December 13 2008, 07:13 PM   #151
ThereAre4Lights
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: The Official Welcome Thread

Hello. The Star Trek experience began with TNG for me (Captain Picard wuz my hero) but I found TOS quite enjoyable as well. DS9 wuz absolutely magnificent. And just when I wuz thinking there is nothing about Star Trek I could possibly dislike, I saw Voyager and Enterprise. . I personally fear the new Star Trek movie will totally fuck up the continuity (Enterprise and Voyager made me lose faith in time traveling plots) without coming up with a decent story. Also I don't like the idea of a prequel. Instead of moving forward they go back
ThereAre4Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15 2008, 01:39 AM   #152
Ezri II
Captain

I better say HI.

Oh better wave. Idea. Wave with my bra in my hand. Do you see me now?

Do not get upset I am a fun girl to be with.
Ezri II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2008, 02:06 PM   #153
btflash
Captain

Kirk-Fu wrote: View Post
Hi everyone. My name is Kyle. I've been a Star Trek fan for around 25 years. I remember coming home every day after school and watching TOS.
I've been lurking for about 3 weeks before I joined.
I was going to join about a week ago but couldn't think of a good user name until yesterday. LOL
I'm excited for the new movie. I've always liked the original crew the most and look forward to seeing them in a new movie.
welcome!
btflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2008, 02:36 AM   #154
Pinkle
Lieutenant

Hiya Been a fan for as long as I can remember, but I think it kicked into full force when I read the book "Sarek" when I was like 13 (24 now). I just happen to be more of a TOS fan than the others because well, I really haven't seen much of the others for some reason.

My other obsessions include Half-Life and Silent Hill. Also a big fan of Star Wars, but I think I like Trek better.
My FurAffinity: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/pinkle
Pinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2008, 03:48 AM   #155
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

Hi, everyone. I'm USS_Triumphant, which also happens to be the name of the class ship for the class that the Enterprise in my fan fiction belongs to. (Triumphant is NCC-170091, Enterprise is 170100.) I first joined TrekBBS back around 1997, but I was never very active - Voyager was in the process of convincing me that Trek was jumping the shark, and that the future of Trek was suckage. The last time I logged in before tonight was about 4 years ago, and I guess, not surprisingly, my account got deleted as inactive in the meantime.

I am a huge fan of the Vulcans/Romulans , although I'm less than pleased with the direction Enterprise took the Vulcans in, and I'm not down with this "Reman" junk at all - I'm more of a fan of Diane Duane's take on 'em. Really, I pretty much regard anything aside from TOS, TNG, DS9, and movies 1 - 8 as being sources to pick and choose from. And mostly to not pick and choose from.

I have a lot of hope for the upcoming movie, though. I think I understand the direction they are taking continuity with this offering, and so far, I approve. And my enthusiasm has awoken a level of Trek fandom that I haven't experienced in quite some time.

So I thought I'd log back in here, and see where that takes me.
USS Triumphant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30 2008, 01:10 AM   #156
Klingon Empire
Captain

Face my armies!

:c ardie:

Okay, I am just kidding about the armies, I just never got to use the Emoticons before.
Old January 4 2009, 07:13 PM   #157
Semah
Commander

Send a message via AIM to Semah Send a message via Yahoo to Semah

Hi all,

Fan for years. Recently getting back into Star Trek by overexposing myself to Trek media of all sorts in order to prepare for the movie. Thus I will probably write stream of consciousness reviews of various things.
Semah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2009, 06:08 PM   #158
erinanderson
Ensign

Hi all! *waves* Star Trek Newbie here. I haven't seen any of VOY but I have watched all of TOS, TNG, ENT and the movies. I am currently in season two of DS9 and liking what I am seeing. I am hoping to have finished all of my Trek watching by the time the new movie comes out in May. Coincidentally it comes out two days before I graduate from graduate school. I am hoping I can talk some of the various family members that are coming for my graduation into amusing my mom for an evening so I can hit the midnight showing.
erinanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2009, 09:28 PM   #159
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Welcome to the fun, all!
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2009, 05:11 AM   #160
Vendor
Lieutenant

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vendor Send a message via Yahoo to Vendor

Hi, I'm Vendor...short for Vendorian (see ST:TAS) I've been Trekkie since the airing of the Original pilot - "The Cage" and will most probably die a Trekkie.

Hi T'Bonz.
Old January 22 2009, 09:07 PM   #161
KimMH
Rear Admiral

hi I'm newish here - always knew there people out there (I do mean way out here!) who love Star Trek as much as I have for the last 30ush years. waering bi-focals now - no near-sighted pills yet! an adopted Korean-American I am intrigued by the Vulcan-Romulan issue and appreciate the extra insight so many talented authors have added to both cultures which face it - seem really cool. never met a Trek franchise I didn't like, the last couple movies barely worth $10 but hope springs eternal and of course will throw my money at the new one! would pound on the gates of hell to retrieve any of the Trek captains but J.T. Kirk - I would let him stew a little - I do like Janeway and Archer. always partial to the engineers like Torres and Scotty and Trip - enjoy the fact that Cardassians consider it a woman's job!
KimMH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2009, 04:04 AM   #162
NASAFan
Ensign

Hi, everyone. I've signed up a couple of years ago, started to post here and got tied up in life a bit. (Mainly the job). I'm one of the original Trekkers from the '60's and followed all variations of the show. I do modeling - yes some Trek modeling as well. Since the new movie, I've come back to rejoin my roots here. I too have high hopes for this new movie! I hope it succeeds since I like to see a new series based upon the original characters.

On the side I run a Tactical/Scenario Paintball forum. I love going around shooting people and then having a beer with them later! All in good fun.
Old February 3 2009, 07:53 AM   #163
weekendbiggs
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Send a message via AIM to weekendbiggs

I guess i ought to post here. I found trek when i was 6 (1999) watched TNG when I was little, then I went back and watched TOS, best years of my life. Watched every episode of all the shoot-offs DS9, VOY, ENT. Heard a rumor about a new movie, so the first thing that popped up when I googled "star trek forums" was this site.... so, here i am.
Old February 16 2009, 12:43 AM   #164
troisboobs
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via AIM to troisboobs Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to troisboobs

I'm new here, and I was trying to avoid watching the trailer for the new movie because I knew I'd get so excited and want to watch it right away, but I just watched it on youtube and nearly shit myself! I'm so excited!
troisboobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2009, 04:11 AM   #165
SupAJ1M
Lieutenant

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SupAJ1M

lol
SupAJ1M is offline   Reply With Quote