Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old January 22 2009, 11:07 AM   #1
Malikon
Cadet

Enterprises Final Episode

For some reason I'd been holding off on watching the last 3 episodes of season 4. Idk why, maybe because I knew once I watched them, that was it, no more "new" episodes for me.

Well tonight I watched the very last episode, and man, I really wasn't expecting that. Riker? Troi? Tripp go Ker-Blooey?

I just didn't see any of that coming.

It felt rather unresolved though. We didn't get to see Riker address his problem, though I guess in a way it makes sense, this is Ent and not TNG. But we also didn't get to hear Archers speech, which I was looking forward to hearing, then they turned off the holodeck.

Probably wouldn't top his speech in the previous episode before the counsel I guess.

All in all though, it felt like an "ending" to the series, but at the same time it also felt a little hollow. Almost like a filler/gimmick episode.

Anyone else's thoughts on it?
Old January 22 2009, 11:33 AM   #2
Kaziarl
Commodore

Re: Enterprises Final Episode

Malikon wrote: View Post
For some reason I'd been holding off on watching the last 3 episodes of season 4. Idk why, maybe because I knew once I watched them, that was it, no more "new" episodes for me.

Well tonight I watched the very last episode, and man, I really wasn't expecting that. Riker? Troi? Tripp go Ker-Blooey?

I just didn't see any of that coming.

It felt rather unresolved though. We didn't get to see Riker address his problem, though I guess in a way it makes sense, this is Ent and not TNG. But we also didn't get to hear Archers speech, which I was looking forward to hearing, then they turned off the holodeck.

Probably wouldn't top his speech in the previous episode before the counsel I guess.

All in all though, it felt like an "ending" to the series, but at the same time it also felt a little hollow. Almost like a filler/gimmick episode.

Anyone else's thoughts on it?
But we do know what riker did. Watch the TNG episode with the ship thats stuck half way in an asteroid. Thats the issue he was dealing with. The USS Pegasus, which we served as an ensign, was tinkering with an illegal cloak. There was an accident, all but I think 9 people died, and he was sworn to secracy. He was torn between that, and his loyalty to picard and the feeling that he needed to tell the captain. In the end, he told picard, although Picard was a little dissapointed that it took him that long.

Yeah, I would of liked to hear that speech too, I mean it's the birth of the federation for pete's sake, that would have been monumental to see.
Old January 22 2009, 02:40 PM   #3
Bluejay
Lieutenant

Kaziarl wrote: View Post
Yeah, I would of liked to hear that speech too, I mean it's the birth of the federation for pete's sake, that would have been monumental to see.
And we'll get lampooned by another gazeeeelle speech.

But yeah, I was looking forward to his speech and ended up rather annoyed.
Bluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2009, 02:43 PM   #4
Lashmore
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lashmore

My one lingering memory from that finale...

The way T'pol looked and stood in those final moments, as if she could barely keep from passing out from an over-dose of cocaine. Those were my first thoughts of the final scenes, and my most lingering.
Lashmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2009, 02:55 PM   #5
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

Kaziarl wrote: View Post
But we do know what riker did. Watch the TNG episode with the ship thats stuck half way in an asteroid. Thats the issue he was dealing with. The USS Pegasus, which we served as an ensign, was tinkering with an illegal cloak. There was an accident, all but I think 9 people died, and he was sworn to secracy. He was torn between that, and his loyalty to picard and the feeling that he needed to tell the captain. In the end, he told picard, although Picard was a little dissapointed that it took him that long.
TNG Season 7: The Pegasus.

Which is all the more reason that These Ain't The Voyages was a total waste of an episode, nevermind a finale of a season, a series or a franchise. We know what Riker is going to do and we know when he makes that decision and we know why he makes that decision. And goofing off on the holodeck had nothing to do with it.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2009, 04:13 PM   #6
Obi Wana Jones
Lieutenant

It wouldn't have been a waste if it was truly an ENT ep, and not a meaningless tie-in.

There were great story points, but so much was too rushed.

Shran turned out to be a wonderful supporting character.

B&B blew it the first season by turning it into ST:90210
Old January 22 2009, 04:21 PM   #7
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Lashmore wrote: View Post
The way T'pol looked and stood in those final moments, as if she could barely keep from passing out from an over-dose of cocaine.
I wont' speculate on the reason, but Blalock really was off in that ep, and especially in that scene. Then again, so was Bakula, but in a different "let's-wrap-this-thing-and-go-home" kind of way.

JiNX-01 wrote:
We know what Riker is going to do and we know when he makes that decision and we know why he makes that decision. And goofing off on the holodeck had nothing to do with it.
Exactly. TATV was, among many other things, completely uninspired.

Obi Wana Jones wrote:
Shran turned out to be a wonderful supporting character.
How, by regressing from a certified badass to a complete sissy?

Obi Wana Jones wrote:
B&B blew it the first season by turning it into ST:90210
Nonsense.
Old January 22 2009, 07:32 PM   #8
number6
Vice Admiral

Location: number6 has left the village through some inexpicable hole in the ground to head the corporation.

Another TATV SUXXXX thread?? Must be Thursday.
number6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2009, 08:04 PM   #9
Kaziarl
Commodore

I wasn't to thrilled with the holodeck aspect of it, but that aside I thought it was good. Actually, and I know I'll probably get banned for this, I liked Enterprise.

Thats right! I said it! I LIKE THE UPSIDE DOWN AKIRAPRISE!
Old January 22 2009, 08:15 PM   #10
number6
Vice Admiral

Location: number6 has left the village through some inexpicable hole in the ground to head the corporation.

I enjoyed ENT quite a bit. I don't think TATV sucked. I didn't think it was a great way to end the series. I personally think of Terra Prime as the end of the series. TATV is more of a coda, putting ENT into historical perspective with the rest of the Trek series.
number6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2009, 09:55 PM   #11
SFRabid
Commodore

I think they did not show the speech because they could not come up with a good speech. At least that is how it felt to me. Better to cut it than to show something that was a letdown. Boy, did that backfire.
SFRabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2009, 10:09 PM   #12
Kaziarl
Commodore

SFRabid wrote: View Post
I think they did not show the speech because they could not come up with a good speech. At least that is how it felt to me. Better to cut it than to show something that was a letdown. Boy, did that backfire.
It would have been great suspense if there was more show. Maybe have a mid-summer special doing flashback scene's while archer is giving his speech about friendship and whatnot... Ok, that might actually be boring when I put it that way, but you get the idea.
Old January 23 2009, 08:20 AM   #13
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Mach5 wrote: View Post
The way T'pol looked and stood in those final moments, as if she could barely keep from passing out from an over-dose of cocaine.
I wont' speculate on the reason, but Blalock really was off in that ep, and especially in that scene. Then again, so was Bakula, but in a different "let's-wrap-this-thing-and-go-home" kind of way.
Blalock hated that episode and made it clear even during production. The other speculation is just meanness.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2009, 02:32 PM   #14
Middleman
Captain

View Middleman's Twitter Profile

Starship Polaris wrote: View Post
Mach5 wrote: View Post
Blalock hated that episode and made it clear even during production. The other speculation is just meanness.
It was evident to me that Jolene wanted to covey to the audience and everyone else, that he hated doing that episode. The only scene that she put any effort into was the scene in Trip's quarters.
Middleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2009, 03:48 PM   #15
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Middleman wrote: View Post
The only scene that she put any effort into was the scene in Trip's quarters.
Just barely. Bakula sucked so bad in that scene that I barely noticed Jolene was there. I can't claim that I know what was on his mind then, but the expression on his face suggested pure disbelief, like he was thinking: "Jesus, I can't believe I'm actually saying this sh#t!"