Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old February 12 2009, 09:05 PM   #1
Level 2 Diagnostic
Captain

Weakest Season FOUR Episode (besides TATV)

I'm starting this thread at HopefulRomantic's suggestion, seeing as how the Weakest Season 3 episode was veering off topic.

I actually don't think TATV is the weakest season 4 episode. I just figure that since there are already 20 anti-TATV topics going on right now all over the board that I would exclude it from this discussion.

My votes would go to "Daedalus" and "Bound", two completely pointless and predictable episodes.

Also, I know this is not a popular sentiment around here, but "In a Mirror Darkly" did nothing for me. It was two hours of the cast walking around like cartoon villains and going MWAH HAH HAH and twirling their moustaches and I found it pretty lame.

And having two episodes to explain the Klingon forehead ridges was easily the stupidest idea in all of season four. They could have spent two episodes on a lot of more worthwhile things, such as providing proper closure to the whole TCW arc that had been going on for three seasons. Instead, they decided to rationalize a makeup change.
Level 2 Diagnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2009, 09:16 PM   #2
SFRabid
Commodore

Re: Weakest Season FOUR Episode (besides TATV)

Daedalus for me was bad overall and went back to the old Archer who could see no danger in the decisions he makes. At least bound did have a nice twist with the Orion women being in control.
SFRabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2009, 09:20 PM   #3
commodore64
Vice Admiral

Bound. I was disappointed that the women (T'Pol and Hoshi) couldn't save the day in that one. Although I think other bad ones are Storm Front I and II, Home and Dadealus. Demons could've been written better, as could've a few others.
Old February 12 2009, 09:45 PM   #4
Mach5
Rear Admiral

commodore64 wrote: View Post
Bound. I was disappointed that the women (T'Pol and Hoshi) couldn't save the day in that one.
Yes, some T'Pol/Hoshi buddy/buddy stuff would have been awesome. But according to Coto, the whole point of "Bound" was to show that Trip and T'pol belonged together. In the end, the ep only left an impression that they were stuck together...
Old February 12 2009, 09:59 PM   #5
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

"Bound."

Total waste of sexy Orion slave girl makeup and costumes. A real nugget in an otherwise-great year(minus "TATV," of course).

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2009, 04:09 AM   #6
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

DEADalus.

The Guest Troublemaker was in no way sympathetic.
Archer behaved like a complete ass even when his chief engineer was telling him that something was up with Dr. Deadalus.
Even after a member of the crew was KILLED BECAUSE DR. D. LIED TO EVERYBODY, Archer let him further endanger the crew.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2009, 04:15 AM   #7
number6
Vice Admiral

Location: number6 has left the village through some inexpicable hole in the ground to head the corporation.

Daedalus was the weakest for me. The rest of the season rocked my socks!!
number6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2009, 04:16 AM   #8
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

"Daedalus" was pretty weak, mostly because it seemed really out of place, considering the rest of the season.

commodore64 wrote: View Post
Bound. I was disappointed that the women (T'Pol and Hoshi) couldn't save the day in that one. Although I think other bad ones are Storm Front I and II, Home and Dadealus. Demons could've been written better, as could've a few others.
Really? I thought "Home" was great.
Old February 13 2009, 05:02 AM   #9
commodore64
Vice Admiral

^ I thought Vulcan looked and seemed more like Earth than an alien land -- harsh deserts, blinding sun(s), etc. I'm a huge fan of the Vulcans. For example, The Forge made Vulcan seem mysterious, mystical, ancient and vast. Of course, Spock is one of my favorite characters of all time, no matter the genre. Also, I thought Archer's plight coming to an unceremonious and silly end (having sex to resolve and forgive his guilt) was silly. Then again, I'm an Archer fan, so what they do with him is important to me.

But according to Coto, the whole point of "Bound" was to show that Trip and T'pol belonged together. In the end, the ep only left an impression that they were stuck together...
Interesting. You know, the episode really didn't help build the case for them being together (maybe that's your point). I thought Terra Prime, where they showed caring was a better way to go. I could go on about how the Trip/T'Pol relationship failed, imo, but that's a whole 'nother thread.
Old February 13 2009, 05:04 AM   #10
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

Gotta go with Daedalus. I've actually compe to appreciate Bound after seeing it again on HDNet recently.
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2009, 11:50 AM   #11
Mach5
Rear Admiral

"Daedalus" and "Bound" are the two weakest S4 episodes, that's for sure.
But the difference between them for me is that I can still watch Bound from time to time and laugh at how silly it is, while there's absolutely no reason for me to re watch Daedalus. It's simply to boring.
Old February 13 2009, 05:20 PM   #12
Reanok
Commodore

Daedalus I thought Dr.Emory was a very unlikeable character lying to the crew and because of him a crew member was killed and Archer made sveral bad choices. Trip was absolutely right when it came to his concerns about Emory and being upset about one of Malcolm's officers being killed and T'Pol being injured.Danica I felt sorry for her that she wa sin a difficult situation and wante dto tell Archer the truth.
Reanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2009, 05:44 PM   #13
bluedana

Daedalus, because it could have been an awesome storyline about Archer being pulled in different directions by his personal and professional loyalties. Unfortunately, they cast Bill Cobbs, who could not evoke ANY sympathy whatsoever. So there was, for me, no reason for Archer to be pulled in that direction, against Trip who obviously is more compelling. As it was, you couldn't figure out why Archer didn't just say, Whatever, STHU, you grumpy old man, and go on with his day. A different actor for Emory would have made that choice more plausibly difficult. (Plus I love the Danica character, so I'm that much more bitter that the episode wasn't good.)

Bound. This one was just stupid. Why wouldn't you have the female security and MACOs guard the Orion women? Why didn't Hoshi and T'Pol stage a mutiny with the other non-affected female crew? Oh, right. They had headaches. Stupid.
Old February 13 2009, 07:40 PM   #14
commodore64
Vice Admiral

See, I thought Bill was good. I've seen him in other things where he was good, too. I just don't think the script made a good connection between Archer and the scientist. Trip has more screen time with him than Archer does.
Old February 13 2009, 08:42 PM   #15
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

What's with all the "Daedalus" hatin'? It's not great. But subtle, driven by characters and not effects or battles and it helps flesh out more TREK history and backstory...not just about who invented mankind's first transporter but that person's relationship with Archer. It has cheesy, over-the-top moments with the subspace transporter accident/"ghost" stuff but it still works. I like it.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote