Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old April 6 2012, 05:38 PM   #1276
Vendor
Lieutenant

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vendor Send a message via Yahoo to Vendor
Re: Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

If you're referring to the scene between Kosh and Sinclair in "The Gathering", (Kosh's greeting) that wasn't in the original airing. It was inserted by JMS after the series ended. And I myself think Season 1 was the best of all. It set the stage of everything that came later.

Outstanding series.
Old April 6 2012, 06:00 PM   #1277
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Vendor wrote: View Post
If you're referring to the scene between Kosh and Sinclair in "The Gathering", (Kosh's greeting) that wasn't in the original airing. It was inserted by JMS after the series ended. And I myself think Season 1 was the best of all. It set the stage of everything that came later.

Outstanding series.
And, it's not so easy to understand exactly what Kosh says to Sinclair, nor, is it really something you're going to remember 3 1/2 years later when you find out what it means, so, yea, not really a big spoiler for the average first time viewer, IMHO, just foreshadowing to show events were always meant to happen a certain way, and didn't just get pulled out of the air randomly, and a nice little Easter Egg for folks to find on a rewatch, "OMG, he said xxxxx, right in the Pilot"

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2012, 06:02 PM   #1278
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Outstanding series.
I don't think it should have been inserted. One of the things I like about Season 1 (And don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the season but it's not as good as Seasons 2-4) is the mystery surrounding Sinclair and why the Minbari surrendered. To insert that line takes a little bit away from that mystery in episodes like And the Sky Full of Stars, doesn't it. Of course having known the series already, it's not much of a spoiler, but I'm just not sure it was wise to reveal everything right up front like that.
Old April 6 2012, 06:54 PM   #1279
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

tomalak301 wrote: View Post

Outstanding series.
I don't think it should have been inserted. One of the things I like about Season 1 (And don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the season but it's not as good as Seasons 2-4) is the mystery surrounding Sinclair and why the Minbari surrendered. To insert that line takes a little bit away from that mystery in episodes like And the Sky Full of Stars, doesn't it. Of course having known the series already, it's not much of a spoiler, but I'm just not sure it was wise to reveal everything right up front like that.
How can anyone who hasn't seen the Series yet, possibly remember those couple "made up" words spoken early in the Pilot, with no clue what the words mean, spoil something 3 1/2 years down the line in episodes? Nah, those words mean nothing, until you see it all played out 3 seasons later.

Old April 6 2012, 11:44 PM   #1280
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Sindatur wrote: View Post

Outstanding series.
How can anyone who hasn't seen the Series yet, possibly remember those couple "made up" words spoken early in the Pilot, with no clue what the words mean, spoil something 3 1/2 years down the line in episodes? Nah, those words mean nothing, until you see it all played out 3 seasons later.
That's true. Maybe it's just my reaction that after watching the whole series and finally watching The Gathering again, the answers were right there from the start. Very sneaky of JMS to do that, even though I wonder how my reaction will be watching an episode like And the Sky full of Stars, which is an episode I remember really liking
Old April 7 2012, 07:42 PM   #1281
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post

That's true. Maybe it's just my reaction that after watching the whole series and finally watching The Gathering again, the answers were right there from the start. Very sneaky of JMS to do that, even though I wonder how my reaction will be watching an episode like And the Sky full of Stars, which is an episode I remember really liking
And the Sky Full of Stars was the first episode I realized there was way more to the Series then meets the eye. I don't remember anything in it, that relates to that line though. I think it's not until War Without End you find out what those words mean. If it was in English, yea, it would be easy enough to remember, but, since it's in Minbari, not so much a problem, methinks

Old April 9 2012, 06:57 PM   #1282
Jan
Commodore

... but I actually didn't remember a lot of it on the rewatch. For one, I was surprised that they gave us a huge spoiler right at the beginning which makes me wonder if it was an appropriate start to the series.
If it's the spoiler I'm thinking of, one reason why you might not remember from seeing the original is because that one word *wasn't* in the original cut - it was added during the re-edit done when the show moved to TNT. But reall, if you were watching it for the first time, it really wouldn't have been a spoiler.

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2012, 11:21 PM   #1283
ILOVETREK1701
Lieutenant Commander

The truth is usually just a excuse for a lack of imagination.
- Garak
Garak is wonderful.
ILOVETREK1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2012, 08:43 PM   #1284
DS9 Gal AZ
Captain

Hey guys ... I was just thinking ... if you could have a B5 character meet a DS9 character ... well what characters would you have meet up to compare notes?
Old July 9 2012, 08:44 PM   #1285
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

DS9 Gal AZ wrote: View Post
Hey guys ... I was just thinking ... if you could have a B5 character meet a DS9 character ... well what characters would you have meet up to compare notes?
Morden and Weyoun could be really fun

Old July 10 2012, 03:02 AM   #1286
DS9 Gal AZ
Captain

Yeah, I think we went over that in TheGodBen's review thread, it would go something like this:

"What do you want?"

"To serve the Founders...in all things".

Then they stare at each other for five minutes with smarmy, slightly creepy smiles on their faces.

Then they part on "friendly" terms, each knowing the other has decided that they and everything they stand for must be destroyed.
Heh.

I'd like Londo and Dukat to meet. They seemed to be on opposite trajectories. Dukat starts out pretty "evil" but kind of has a redemption arc, only to take a downward spiral to eventually become almost Satanic. Londo starts out friendly and boisterious, more of a comic relief character, gets much darker, and eventually becomes an almost tragic ... when, maybe not hero, but certainly not a bad guy.

I dunno, I suppose in a way though Dukat could be more like Cartagia ...
Old July 10 2012, 11:25 PM   #1287
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

DS9 Gal AZ wrote: View Post
Yeah, I think we went over that in TheGodBen's review thread, it would go something like this:

"What do you want?"

"To serve the Founders...in all things".

Then they stare at each other for five minutes with smarmy, slightly creepy smiles on their faces.

Then they part on "friendly" terms, each knowing the other has decided that they and everything they stand for must be destroyed.
Heh.

I'd like Londo and Dukat to meet. They seemed to be on opposite trajectories. Dukat starts out pretty "evil" but kind of has a redemption arc, only to take a downward spiral to eventually become almost Satanic. Londo starts out friendly and boisterious, more of a comic relief character, gets much darker, and eventually becomes an almost tragic ... when, maybe not hero, but certainly not a bad guy.

I dunno, I suppose in a way though Dukat could be more like Cartagia ...
Oooh, yea, Dukhat and Cartagia could be a blast. Imagine Dukhat's approving look while watching Cartagia rinsing the blood off his hands

Vir and Damar coming from Opposite ends of the spectrum, but, ending up in the same place.

Oh, and imagine the verbal smackdown Delenn could give Kai Winn

Old July 11 2012, 03:53 AM   #1288
DS9 Gal AZ
Captain

I always thought Vir and Rom were very similar. They both started out as buffoonish characters who seemed atypical of their species and they both wound up the leaders of their respective people. Vir had to go through a lot darker stuff, though.

Now, who would Kosh meet?

Oh, and imagine the verbal smackdown Delenn could give Kai Winn
All it would take is a look....
Old July 13 2012, 01:39 AM   #1289
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Marcus and Bashir have some similarities, I bet they would become instant rivals.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 26 2012, 02:52 AM   #1290
DS9 Gal AZ
Captain

teacake wrote: View Post
Marcus and Bashir have some similarities, I bet they would become instant rivals.
Hmm ... somehow I'd rather see Bashir and Franklin comparing notes ... I know, I know, just because they're both doctors, doesn't mean they're similar ... but I just have this image in my head of Franklin explaining Centauri anatomy to Bashir:

Bashir: They have six?!

And for some reason I would really love Kosh to just stroll up and something really cryptic to Sisko ... or anyone really.