RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,411
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 461
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old September 19 2010, 03:55 PM   #1246
Pemmer Harge
Fleet Captain

Re: Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Just re-watched Into the Fire which contains what I think are two of B5's funniest exchanges:

Marcus: Did we just... win?
Ivanova: Don't jinx it.

and

Lyta: Captain?
Sheridan: Hmm?
Lyta: They're pissed.
Old November 6 2010, 05:54 PM   #1247
Supernuke
Commander

I just rewatched The Gathering, and Morden is a member of the B5 bridge crew!! Its scary how far his infiltration went!!
Old November 7 2010, 12:15 AM   #1248
Vendor
Lieutenant

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vendor Send a message via Yahoo to Vendor

Supernuke wrote: View Post
I just rewatched The Gathering, and Morden is a member of the B5 bridge crew!! Its scary how far his infiltration went!!
Ed Wass, the actor who portrayed Morden, wasn't "Morden" in "The Gathering". He was just an unnamed bridge tech in that episode.
Old November 7 2010, 02:40 AM   #1249
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^I'm fairly sure he knows that. I rather think the winking gives it away.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2010, 03:06 AM   #1250
Vendor
Lieutenant

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vendor Send a message via Yahoo to Vendor

Reverend wrote: View Post
^I'm fairly sure he knows that. I rather think the winking gives it away.
And of course you figured it was your sworn duty to let MEnow that he knew.
Old November 7 2010, 07:19 PM   #1251
Jan
Commodore

Ed Wasser's character name in "The Gathering" was Guerra.

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2010, 09:32 PM   #1252
Pemmer Harge
Fleet Captain

I'd guess most people agree that The Gathering isn't nearly as good as the TV series proper turned out to be, but there are a few great bits. On watching it recently, my favourite has to be when Takashima is informed that the Vorlons are demanding they hand over Sinclair within five minutes or they'll attack and she utters the immortal response "Tell them to get stuffed!"

Always makes me smile.
Old March 13 2011, 01:33 PM   #1253
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

I watched the whole series last year, and Crusade. Bought all the movies and watched In the Beginning tonight. Wow. I was actually in tears over it (which struck me as stupid in the middle of the tears considering what kind of real horror is going on in the world right now, but that's often the way.)

It was great to see everyone again after not watching any eps for a while (though I pine for Lennier) and great to see all these storylines we only heard of in the series. I don't know if I was supposed to watch this movie first, I think it is better to watch it after the series. It was quite a feast and very emotional and well done--space battles were pretty breathtaking too.

And of course now I want to watch Bab5 again and I think I will do so.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2011, 04:42 PM   #1254
Mage
Commodore

A while ago I got my girlfriend hooked on B5. She, as a lot of people I think, wasn't to thrilled about the first season, but we watched since so many plots are started in season 1. At the end, she loved the characters so much she cried during the last episode, and I admit, so did I. It was such an emotional show, with great writing, solid acting and a good plot throughout the series. Right we're watching DS9, which I like a bit better then B5 and my girlfriend feels just the other way around.
Old March 14 2011, 12:52 AM   #1255
teacake
Admiral

That's great Mage, you are lucky to have a gf who watches sci fi with you. Last night I watched the first ep of Bab5 and was going to watch the second but wasn't up to The Soul Hunter at 2am. It's such a rich series though, if you skip some ep you will always miss out on character development of someone. I'm really looking fwd to my rewatch and seeing all the foreshadowing.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old March 14 2011, 10:32 AM   #1256
Mage
Commodore

teacake wrote: View Post
That's great Mage, you are lucky to have a gf who watches sci fi with you. Last night I watched the first ep of Bab5 and was going to watch the second but wasn't up to The Soul Hunter at 2am. It's such a rich series though, if you skip some ep you will always miss out on character development of someone. I'm really looking fwd to my rewatch and seeing all the foreshadowing.

She never really like scifi. I wanted to rewatch the first two seasons of nuBSG, but she didn't. One sunday, while she was behind the laptop, I just started watching the pilot since she wasn't doing anything anyway. After 15 minutes she was next to me on the couch, loving it. We still need to watch seasons 3 and 4.

Then I wanted to see B5, but she said scifi still wasn't her thing, and that she only really though nuBSG was cool. I said she should give it a go, even though season 1 was pretty hard to get through. But she became hooked pretty fast.

After that, convincing her to watch DS9 was easy. As she stated yesterday, she'd like to give TNG a try, after seeing Generations, although she already feels shows set on spacestations are more her thing.
Old May 5 2011, 12:55 AM   #1257
teacake
Admiral

Mage wrote: View Post
After that, convincing her to watch DS9 was easy. As she stated yesterday, she'd like to give TNG a try, after seeing Generations, although she already feels shows set on spacestations are more her thing.
I'm partial to the space station model myself.

Just finished reading the Psi Corp trilogy. PEOPLE if you have not read this get yourselves to ebay and find it. FANTASTIC. Certainly better written and more compelling than 95% of TrekLit. Could not put it down.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old May 5 2011, 08:04 PM   #1258
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

Cool, on the 4th episode Season 2 of B5, and I enjoyed B5 for being nice little space romp in season 1, but season 2 shows more promise.
Old May 6 2011, 08:18 AM   #1259
teacake
Admiral

My rewatch is wonderful. So much foreshadowing, so many simple scenes that lead to great meaning. It's fantastic watching it a second time.

Going to hunt down the rest of the books now, cannot wait!

Distorted Humor the way this series unfolds is truly wonderful.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old May 16 2011, 05:24 PM   #1260
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

Now starting season 3....