Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old April 21 2008, 12:37 PM   #976
Neroon
Mod of balance

Re: Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Jan wrote: View Post
chrisspringob wrote: View Post
Speaking of the script books, wasn't Vol. 14 supposed to have shipped by now?
It should be pretty shortly. The 'signing bunker' was supposed to take a few weeks.

Jan
I yield to you, the honor of the first summary of Vol. 15.
Old April 21 2008, 01:24 PM   #977
Jan
Commodore

Neroon wrote: View Post
I'm honored, kind sir. But...there'd be a conflict of interest, I'm afraid. There's something that I did included in Volume 15 that I think is pretty nifty but I'll be interested to see what others think.

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2008, 08:23 PM   #978
Neroon
Mod of balance

In a few days I shall take you up on that. I just received an email that it's shipping in the next couple of days. The email was a reassurance to everyone that Vol 15 is shipping with the package, given that the CafePress notice would only mention the Vol 14.

These are good people here on that scripts team!

Jan wrote: View Post
Neroon wrote: View Post
I'm honored, kind sir. But...there'd be a conflict of interest, I'm afraid. There's something that I did included in Volume 15 that I think is pretty nifty but I'll be interested to see what others think.

Jan
Old April 23 2008, 04:58 AM   #979
Harvey
Admiral

Crap. It looks like I'm going to miss the boat on these script books. I just haven't been able to put together the finances to buy the lot of them. Still, the four volumes I have have been good reads.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2008, 02:58 PM   #980
Smiley
Rear Admiral

I'd be interested in seeing some of the actors in a different context. What do posters here consider the best non-B5 movies and TV shows for the B5 actors?
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2008, 03:44 PM   #981
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Well, G'Kar was in TNG and The Fugitive (Harrison Ford version).
Sheridan and Londo were in Tron, I'm told, although I haven't seen that.
Ivanova was in some alien-possessed stripper movie.....
Lennier was in Lost in Space (not the Hurt movie)
I saw Sheridan in an Outer Limits episode once.
Lyta was a stunt double for Doctor Crusher and Major Kira.

Really not a lot out there, come to think of it.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2008, 06:15 PM   #982
Jan
Commodore

Lindley wrote: View Post
Well, G'Kar was in TNG and The Fugitive (Harrison Ford version).
A great role for him even if there weren't many lines that I recall.
Really not a lot out there, come to think of it.
Unfortunately true.

I caught an episode of MASH not long ago with a much younger Peter Jurasik. Not a heavy role but it was good to see him.

Mira Furlan and Daniel Day Kim have been great on 'Lost'. A fair number of Mira's movies from her days in the former Yugoslavia are available on Ebay sometimes and probably other dealers.

Bruce can be seen fairly regularly on Sci-Fi and Hallmark channel movies. Not great roles but he does well with what little he's given. He did a nice job in "Young Blades" a few years ago even though the show was pretty execrable. That one was a shame because there was some really good acting of some really horrid scripts/stories.

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2008, 06:44 PM   #983
chrisspringob
Commodore

Bill Mumy was also in my favorite original series Twilight Zone episode, "It's a Good Life". Stephen Furst was in Animal House. Jeff Conaway was in both Taxi and Grease. Walter Koenig was in this one space show from the 60s. And Pat Tallman appears for about a second in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.
chrisspringob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2008, 09:19 PM   #984
Smiley
Rear Admiral

^What scene was she in? I've watched the first Austin Powers movie several times, and I can't think of who she played.

In other news, I purchased the remainder of the Legions of Fire and Passing of the Techno-Mages trilogies on Amazon Marketplace. I figure that with the savings I got on most of the others, I ended up paying somewhere around list price for the series. I'll start reading the telemovie novelizations later this week, and I will post reviews here as I finish them.
Old April 30 2008, 01:07 AM   #985
chrisspringob
Commodore

Smiley wrote: View Post
^What scene was she in? I've watched the first Austin Powers movie several times, and I can't think of who she played.
She was the waitress at the beginning who gets punched by Austin Powers when he says "That's a man, baby!"

I just used the google to see if I could find a picture of that scene, and I did. Here's an interview with Pat:

http://www.iconsoffright.com/IV_Pat.htm

If you scroll way down, there's a picture from that scene. Also says she was in the "Jerry Springer" scene in the second movie, which I didn't know until now.
chrisspringob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2008, 04:25 AM   #986
Neroon
Mod of balance

I can still recall the first time I saw the TNG episode "Starship Mine". This was several years after the series had finished its run, long after I had converted to Babylonianism. At any rate, I cracked up when I saw not only Pat Tallman in that episode but Marie Marshall (Dodger from "GROPOS") as well. How cool was that?
Old May 1 2008, 02:21 AM   #987
Smiley
Rear Admiral

On its own, the tale of In the Beginning is very good. It's a fable of sorts about how misunderstanding between alien cultures led to a senseless war. Most of the story we already know from various episodes, but it is cool to see it laid out in order and have some of the gaps filled in. My favorite new character is Lenonn. As head of the Rangers, he is both noble and canny.

The best parts of the novelization were Londo's narration and asides. Peter David completely nailed the voice and personality, and some of the observations were quite amusing.
Old May 4 2008, 03:37 AM   #988
Smiley
Rear Admiral

I hope that Thirdspace has some fantastic visuals because the story is not exactly groundbreaking. The destruction of the artifact is almost entirely action movie cliche. The most interesting storyline involved the Rosens and Sheila. They were just ordinary, real people that I could care about, and I didn't know their fate in advance.

Between reading the novelizations, I read almost all of the notes on the Lurker's Guide for the five seasons. It's not quite like having commentaries for each episode, but I did learn some cool background and connections. The pages for each episode are sort of like time capsules that show what people on the net were discussing at various points in time.

JMS mentioned that he was writing three post-"Objects at Rest" stories for Amazing Stories. Did this happen, and are those stories available anywhere today?

Although I didn't much care for Lyta's character arc, I am interested in the adventures that she and G'Kar had together. Are there any stories, official or otherwise, that deal with this subject?
Old May 5 2008, 05:00 PM   #989
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

I'm not aware of any Lyta/G'Kar stories. We do know G'kar described her as "gone" as of Legend of the Rangers (usually placed in 2265, but I don't think a date is actually given), although whether dead or otherwise is unclear.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2008, 05:28 PM   #990
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile

Lindley wrote: View Post
I'm not aware of any Lyta/G'Kar stories. We do know G'kar described her as "gone" as of Legend of the Rangers (usually placed in 2265, but I don't think a date is actually given), although whether dead or otherwise is unclear.
Wasn't one of the short stories in Amazing Stories or the B5 mag about a Lyta and G'Kar adventure?