Two Trek Actors In Green Room
By: T'Bonz on Oct 30

Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old January 27 2008, 03:43 AM   #916
Jan
Commodore

Re: Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Neroon said:
Wasn't implying that at all. Just..... kinda.... alluding to the secret cabal of folks who have them ......
The few...the proud...at least until the script books are out. <g>
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2008, 03:47 AM   #917
Jan
Commodore

Well, I'm off now. Thanks again, it was fun.

Night!
Old January 27 2008, 03:47 AM   #918
Neroon
Mod of balance

Are the script-books set to have the un-produced episodes in them as well?
Old January 27 2008, 03:49 AM   #919
Neroon
Mod of balance

Oh my... it's nearly 10:00 !!! I've been here in my office since 6:30, so I think it's time for me to check out.

G'night all! Good that you stopped by, HA!
Old January 27 2008, 12:30 PM   #920
Jan
Commodore

Neroon said:
Are the script-books set to have the un-produced episodes in them as well?
I'm pretty sure that we can expect to see the ones JMS wrote. Fiona Avery wrote 'Value Judgments' so we may have to wait on that one. JMS has said that they'll try to do something with the other writers after the main 14 volume series is out.

Jan
Old January 28 2008, 06:01 AM   #921
Phily B
Fleet Captain

View Phily B's Twitter Profile

A series which should be remade is B5. I'd love to see it remade with some proper script writers. I mean, can you imagine the impact the show would have if they killed the President at the end of the Season 1 - with us actually knowing the guy? I'd much prefer them to "Battlestar" up the B5 series. Avoid filler episodes, and expand on the actual political background, stuff like that. Just some rando, thoughts.
Phily B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2008, 01:02 PM   #922
Jan
Commodore

^I wouldn't be interested in a remade B5, not at all. Not because B5 as it is is sacrosanct, it's just that it wouldn't be the same show at all if it were 'Battlestarred' as you say. And I'd drop it, just as I have BSG because of its unrelenting grimness and lack of character development.

There really isn't any one episode of B5 that didn't have arc material in it at all and even if they served no other purpose, the stand-alones made the characters more real to us. Material in them would often telegraph something coming down the road (another beef I had with BSG-stories coming out of nowhere).

Jan
Old January 28 2008, 05:18 PM   #923
Mal
Rear Admiral

Phily B said:
A series which should be remade is B5. I'd love to see it remade with some proper script writers. I mean, can you imagine the impact the show would have if they killed the President at the end of the Season 1 - with us actually knowing the guy? I'd much prefer them to "Battlestar" up the B5 series. Avoid filler episodes, and expand on the actual political background, stuff like that. Just some rando, thoughts.
i agree. cut that puppy down from 110 episodes + half a dozen movies, to something like an even 100. get rid of Infection, Byron, Keffer, and other crap that just mucks things up. re-write some of the corny "humor", and incorporate To Dream in the City of Sorrows, so we get a little bit more of Sinclair and Sakai even after season 1.

of course, before i would bother "battlestarizing" B5, i would much rather someone make miniseries for the three trilogies.

oh, and something about the Teep war, please!!!!!!
Old January 28 2008, 05:23 PM   #924
Mal
Rear Admiral

one last thing, an episode that could really use a Battlestarizing, is By Any Means Necessary. if you want a super-solid union ep (especially in light of the ongoing strike), Dirty Hands is your episode par excellence.
Old January 29 2008, 01:31 AM   #925
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PKTrekGirl

I'm not sure if I'd want B5 'Battlestared'....but I must selfishly confess that I'd love it if one day I popped in a DVD and the CGI were of today's quality.

I think that is the one thing that kinda dates the show...but other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.

Well okay...maybe I'd change Byron.....

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
PKTrekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2008, 02:20 AM   #926
Neroon
Mod of balance

Not me. B5 doesn't really need to be reimagined, with the possible exception of improving upon the CGI... but even then I am reluctant. I am not a big believe of having lightning strike again to the same effect. What's more, the overall perpetually grim darkness of BSG seems incompatible with the B5 story. Both are effective. Both have their strong points and weak spots. Yet, you will run into real trouble when trying to translate the principles that are successful for the one, over to the other.
Old January 29 2008, 02:58 AM   #927
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PKTrekGirl

^ Well, I think that B5 had it's own darkness - Down-below, Zahadum and the whole concept of the Shadows, the grimness of what the Centauri did to the Narn, the fall of Centauri Prime and Londo's fate, etc.

But then that was contrasted against more hopeful and 'light' themes and places. I always loved the look of Minbar, for example - it looked so....bright, serene, and mystical. And there were some very positive characters on that show...and positive events. Not everything was grim and a huge struggle.

I quite like BSG - it's probably my favorite of the scifi shows currently airing new episodes. But it can get overwhelming sometimes. Even for a DS9/Ron Moore fan such as myself.

Sometimes you want to just say: Can SOMETHING good happen to these characters, please?

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
PKTrekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2008, 03:03 AM   #928
Kegek
Rear Admiral

Forget B5 as BSG.

We should have B5 as Dexter, and everything is subjected to the ironic, cheery viewpoint of Mr. Morden, as he goes about his daily routine, nobody aware that he's really an agent of the Shadows. With Vir Cotto in the Erik King role.

But seriously, I'd love to see the CGI updated. But I don't think a reboot is warranted.

- All About Eve.
Kegek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2008, 03:05 AM   #929
Neroon
Mod of balance

^ I meant to differentiate things a bit more, just as you did. B5 did have that darkness, but there did seem to be more of the hopefulness. When it comes to such philosophies, to each their own. I just think that the more pervasive sense of hopelessness ala BSG doesn't fit the B5 mold.

Otherwise, how could Lorien have ever made his well-known quote to Sheridan?
Old February 9 2008, 03:34 PM   #930
Tzenkethi
Lieutenant Commander

Drahk and the Xindi
Anyone ever thought how similar these two are?
Both are multiple races that serve energy beings and attempt to destroy earth.
Tzenkethi is offline   Reply With Quote