The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old December 19 2007, 02:43 PM   #556
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Re: Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

I could provide the morph if you had source frames to work from.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2007, 04:04 PM   #557
Neroon
Mod of balance

Cool! I'll get back to you ASAP
Old December 19 2007, 07:34 PM   #558
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile

NoRoon AtThe Inn said:
Sinclair does tend to grow on people, as does the season overall. Everyone has their preference on acting style, but it's still cool that some find O'Hare and Sinclair worthy of notice.
Even though I wasn't all too impressed with the original edit of "The Gathering," though in later years I would come to appreciate it, I was impressed by O'Hare and his take on the science-fiction commander/captain trope. Some may have seen it as being stiff, but I always felt that O'Hare played Sinclair as the character was written, a man deeply haunted and troubled by a recent war. He really was suffering from a post-traumatic stress disorder.

I also liked how his character was introspective and not really balls-to-the-wall military type.
Old December 19 2007, 07:56 PM   #559
Kegek
Rear Admiral

^
Agreed. Sinclair was an interesting and compelling, if dry, protagonist for B5 in the first season. I've always found him more interesting than Sheridan.

- All About Eve.
Kegek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2007, 01:48 AM   #560
Phily B
Fleet Captain

View Phily B's Twitter Profile

I had the feeling while rewatching season 1 that he was a guy just getting through it all, which is why he was so stiff for the most part.

I think he is more of a theater actor though, and from what Jerry Doyle said about him and why he quit the show, he sounded a bit nuts too.
Phily B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2007, 08:06 AM   #561
Hoshi_Mayweather
Fleet Captain

Jan said:
Hoshi_Mayweather said:
I'm catching this show with the boyfriend...(It's okay, I guess. A lot of alien faces, which aren't my cup of tea).
Where are you in your viewing, Hoshi? My sister had a bit of a hard time with the alien makeup when she first started watching but eventually ended up completely forgetting about the makeup because the characterizations were so strong.

I had somewhat the same reaction to Farscape but I'm hoping to start watching it soon.

Jan

Jan
Hello, Jan

I’m currently in the second season…

Farscape actually became a bit tedious for me as well as weird…lol

I did think the main guy, Crichton (sp?) was funny though…

NoRoon AtThe Inn said:
Hoshi.... has your boyfriend seen B5 before? If so, what was it that he liked about it, which got you to agree to watch it with him?

As to taking some time to get into it, I can understand. Heretical as it may seem to others, I had a hard time getting into the show at first. There was a great deal of set-up, of getting to know the characters, etc. But once that all came together at the end of Season One, I dove into it enthusiastically.

I advise you to check in with The Lurker's Guide To Babylon 5. It's an excellent reference which can help you nail down characters and plot points, while keeping you from being spoiled on future story points.
NoRoon AtThe Inn,
I think he saw bits and pieces of it during its initial run…

In a nutshell, I just decided to watch an episode, and got interested in the characters…

Btw, does anyone think the security guy, Garibaldi, looks like Bruce Willis? (As long as B5 has been known, I’m sure others have mentioned that before)…

Thanks for the link to the site. I’ll check it out…
Old December 20 2007, 06:15 PM   #562
Neroon
Mod of balance

The "Security guy"named Michael Garibaldi (Jerry Doyle name in RL) ... let's just say his appearance changes throughout the show and the comparison you drew is one many share with you.
Old December 20 2007, 07:48 PM   #563
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

Phily B said:
I had the feeling while rewatching season 1 that he was a guy just getting through it all, which is why he was so stiff for the most part.

I think he is more of a theater actor though, and from what Jerry Doyle said about him and why he quit the show, he sounded a bit nuts too.
Really? What did Doyle say? I know that he got along more with Bruce but I've never come across anything negative about O'Hare, except from Claudia Christian who said that he was too serious and not as fun as Bruce to work with.

I met O'Hare, right before the first season premiered, at the San Diego Comic Con. He seemed like a nice enough gent.
Old December 20 2007, 07:56 PM   #564
Jan
Commodore

middyseafort said:
Really? What did Doyle say? I know that he got along more with Bruce but I've never come across anything negative about O'Hare, except from Claudia Christian who said that he was too serious and not as fun as Bruce to work with.
It may be a story I've read where MO'H reportedly acted strange when JD gave him a ride to the studio. Frankly, I take it with a grain of salt because I've seen JD at a few conventions and find him highly entertaining but...less than nice much of the time, especially if he's had a few.

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2007, 02:28 AM   #565
Phily B
Fleet Captain

Yeah, he just said O'Hare was a nutter. Stuff like him asking for a ride to the studio, then during that ride while playing with the radio randomly for no apparent reason, he asked him out for breakfast, which JD had no problem with. Then O'Hare sits down with him, and he doesn't talk. At all. Then tells JD that he talks, and he listens.

Then JD went on to talk about their first night out after shooting, and JD was talking to the girl who plays Lyta, then he randomly sat between them and started chatting up Lytas actress. JD didn't really care, and just went about ordering a round for the three. When he gave O'Hare his drink, he pointed at JD and said "You can't control me!" or something like that while pointing, might've been don't. He did the same thing with some make up artist on the show too, kept chatting her up and the like. I think JD also said that he punched a female actor on the show, or an extra during the first season. Can't remember.

To top it off, he went on to talk about how he nearly quit the show. Why? JD said to him "Michael is there an Indian behind every tree?" and O'Hare responded "Maybe..you and I will settle this May 26 after we wrap production". Then JD just said he won't be back for a second season unless O'Hare goes. Thats why they never met face to face.

Sounds funny though. I have the mp3 somewhere I think, I might upload it.
Old December 21 2007, 01:42 PM   #566
Neroon
Mod of balance

Jerry always struck me as someone you have to take with a grain of salt, because it's hard to tell when he's serious. Listening to the cast commentaries, he seems to me to be the one who clowns around the most.
Old December 21 2007, 07:56 PM   #567
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

Phily B said:
Yeah, he just said O'Hare was a nutter. Stuff like him asking for a ride to the studio, then during that ride while playing with the radio randomly for no apparent reason, he asked him out for breakfast, which JD had no problem with. Then O'Hare sits down with him, and he doesn't talk. At all. Then tells JD that he talks, and he listens.

Then JD went on to talk about their first night out after shooting, and JD was talking to the girl who plays Lyta, then he randomly sat between them and started chatting up Lytas actress. JD didn't really care, and just went about ordering a round for the three. When he gave O'Hare his drink, he pointed at JD and said "You can't control me!" or something like that while pointing, might've been don't. He did the same thing with some make up artist on the show too, kept chatting her up and the like. I think JD also said that he punched a female actor on the show, or an extra during the first season. Can't remember.

To top it off, he went on to talk about how he nearly quit the show. Why? JD said to him "Michael is there an Indian behind every tree?" and O'Hare responded "Maybe..you and I will settle this May 26 after we wrap production". Then JD just said he won't be back for a second season unless O'Hare goes. Thats why they never met face to face.

Sounds funny though. I have the mp3 somewhere I think, I might upload it.
Thanks for the 411. I dunno, living in LA, having had an actress as a roommate and encountering several actors and would-be actors, I've found all actors a bit strange in their own unique ways.

Well, having seen Doyle also at the SDCC, he does come off as a bit of a ham and something of an attention getter. If there were friction between the them, it doesn't show on screen as O'Hare and Doyle had great on-screen chemistry and really did come across as being good friends.
Old December 22 2007, 12:37 AM   #568
Phily B
Fleet Captain

Wait, Londo still gets killed by G'Kar? I thought Sheridan going to Za'Ha'Dum stopped this from happening like it stopped that flashback of Garibaldi and his last stand?
Old December 22 2007, 12:55 AM   #569
Phily B
Fleet Captain

And one more thing, I can't believe the amount of stuff you notice rewatching the series. Its amazing that stuff in season 1 is relevant to the rest of the series, you very rarely get that in TV shows, its usually in two hour movies.
Old December 22 2007, 02:02 AM   #570
DWF
Vice Admiral

NoRoon AtThe Inn said:
Jerry always struck me as someone you have to take with a grain of salt, because it's hard to tell when he's serious. Listening to the cast commentaries, he seems to me to be the one who clowns around the most.
I think it's something of a photo finish between him and Claudia Christian.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote