New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old April 9 2007, 01:04 PM   #91
tothebridge
Fleet Captain

Re: Trip & T'Pol: The Good That They Do

^^There's a feature on Roxann Dawson as director on the S3 DVD's, but I don't remember whether "Bounty" is mentioned. If I have a chance, I'll take a quick look later today.

Jolene does talk about "Bounty" on the S2 DVD's, but it's in the Enterprise Moments feature. She mentions that her initial thoughts were something like "Oh great, I get to be naked," and "Oh great, we're back in the decon," and comments on how when you're working with 100 men, your modesty and dignity are always an issue. But then she says that you throw that all out because you're like a family....

She also talks about how it's hard to make a project like that (when you're a curvy female running around scantily clad and basically "in heat") come across in a real and desperate way -- how you don't want to give it a weakness but instead come out with a strength. She says it was touchy doing that, but in the end, she thought it worked and came across successfully. And she credits John B. with making that possible becuase he's such a brilliant actor and was able to give a sense of humor to the scenario.

Edited for clarity
Old April 9 2007, 08:43 PM   #92
Captain X
Rear Admiral

Another of my short stories was posted today called "The Letter". As you might get from the title it's in the same vein as the other letter fics people have been doing fot TGTMD, though it does have a different tone.
Old April 9 2007, 10:56 PM   #93
boushh
Rear Admiral

tothebridge, that's the stuff that I was thinking of. Thanks.
Old April 10 2007, 07:02 AM   #94
HopefulRomantic
Phloxist Moderator

With Season 3 airing on Sci-Fi now, I dug out the lovely Season 3 collection of screencaps kindly donated to me by Tery (some of you may remember her as Bluegirl555 from HoT a few years back), and I'm putting them up in their own folders along with my eclectic little screencaps collection. They made up the bulk of my S3 collection before I got my DVDs and started making my own. They're impressive in size (960 x 540) and quality, for having been made during the show's broadcast run.

full size

full size

full size

full size

They're heavy on the T/T, so they'll probably offer more than Trekcore in that respect. If you can look past the li'l logo in the corner, there are some really pretty pictures there. First 6 episodes are up, and I hope to have the rest uploaded within a week or so.
Old April 10 2007, 03:57 PM   #95
boushh
Rear Admiral

HopefulRomantic said:
full size

"The risk of paralysis is minimal."

Thanks for sharing the caps. We had a nice amount of T/T moments last night. :thumbsup:
Old April 10 2007, 06:47 PM   #96
tennisgirl
Captain

I really, really need to get the Sci-Fi channel...

I just love the moment with the peaches in Extinction. That's actually the only reason why I watch the episode... Oh, and the dialogue in the VNP scene of Rajin is priceless.

Old April 11 2007, 06:17 AM   #97
tothebridge
Fleet Captain

^^Yes, I like the peaches scene -- actually, I think it may be the high point of that episode.

And after seeing "Raijin" again, I'm starting to think that overall, the "rumors" scene in that episode may be the best of the VNP moments. The acting, lighting, music, etc. are wonderfully done, and excluding the hands on the face at the start (and Trip's missing shirt), it actually seemed like T/T could've been engaged in meditation. Too bad the writers didn't choose that route. I may change my mind again when I see the "Similitude" VNP scene, but right now, I'm thinking that the "Raijin" scene rates a bit higher.

HR, thanks for the additional caps. There're some lovely ones there, and I'll probably be looking to grab a few from your collection(s) for certain discussions if it's ok.

As I was going through some of the T/T moments in Monday's episodes, I was reminded again of how many caps can be generated from just a two or three minute scene. I did make a few, though (with emphasis on expressions), so hopefully I can share those in the next day or two.
Old April 11 2007, 07:22 AM   #98
HopefulRomantic
Phloxist Moderator

tothebridge said:
HR, thanks for the additional caps. There're some lovely ones there, and I'll probably be looking to grab a few from your collection(s) for certain discussions if it's ok.
Yes, please do! You already know I love it when anyone uses my caps; that's why they're there. And Tery told me more than once that it pleased her to know that others liked her caps and used them. I haven't had a chance to visit HoT for a bit, but she's probably still on the memberlist (as Bluegirl555) if anyone wants to drop her a thank-you PM.

I have uploaded her caps all the way through "The Forgotten," BTW. Tons of good stuff.

As I was going through some of the T/T moments in Monday's episodes, I was reminded again of how many caps can be generated from just a two or three minute scene.
OMG, tell me about it! (It's fun, ain't it?)

I did make a few, though (with emphasis on expressions), so hopefully I can share those in the next day or two.
Looking forward to them.
Old April 11 2007, 06:25 PM   #99
Reanok
Commodore

Hopeful Romantic I'm so glad you're posting Tery's screen caps . She had some really great Trip& T'Pol pictures from Similtulde, Damage and The Forgotten. Do you have them posted in your regular screencaps or a different part of your website? Monday had lots of wonderful moments with all the different scenes with Trip& T'Pol and I liked seeing acting as a gentle men when he gave her the paeaches and was worried about the rumors of them having a Romantic relationship I loveed T'Pol's line about it being no ones conecern but their own that was just idle gossip.
Old April 12 2007, 04:09 AM   #100
Captain X
Rear Admiral

Part II of my letter fic is up.
Old April 12 2007, 05:24 AM   #101
HopefulRomantic
Phloxist Moderator

Reanok said:
Hopeful Romantic I'm so glad you're posting Tery's screen caps . She had some really great Trip& T'Pol pictures from Similtulde, Damage and The Forgotten. Do you have them posted in your regular screencaps or a different part of your website?
You go to the same place to find both sets of pictures. On my website, go to the avatars and screencaps page and click on whatever Season 3 episode you're after. Once you're in that episode folder, you'll see a link for Tery's caps for that episode. Just click on that link to view her pictures.

Tery also made hi-res caps for a few episodes in Season 4 before RL stole her away-- Home, Awakening, (huge-- 1440 x 810), In a Mirror Darkly I (1280 x 720), and Storm Front I. I'll be uploading those as well.
Old April 14 2007, 01:25 AM   #102
tothebridge
Fleet Captain

OK, a few T/T highlights and comments re: Monday's SciFi block....

Starting with the first neuropressure session....Looking at some of the pre-S3 interviews, there was talk of more sexy, fun elements in S3, which presumably was supposed to include elements like T'Pol's new hairdo and outfits and the neuropressure. Seems like meditation would've been more in keeping with overall tone of the season.(sigh) Oh well....

I didn't cap the entire scene because some of it tends to make my eyes twitch, but as mentioned before, one of the little parts that stands out is this one.

T'Pol offers to return the favor (of neuropressure) to Trip and asks him to disrobe.

Trip is flattered (and a little flustered too)

and starts to decline politely (at least I think he's trying to decline).... "And don't think under different circumstances, I wouldn't jump at the chance."

T'Pol's expression says it all.... She wants to know if he's implying that she's making sexual advances.

Trip realizes he's made a big mistake and starts backtracking. "No...."

and as T'Pol waits for an explanation

Trip continues, "No, no, no, not at all...," and tries to blame his comments on the "sedative" that Phlox supposedly gave him

Finally he gives up and starts to leave before he buries himself completely. And of course, the whole ruse unravels at that point.

Now that little scene does fit with the idea that Trip hasn't been exposed to a lot of different cultures and tends to look at things (as some of us do as well) through our own lenses. So he assigns a certain meaning to T'Pol's actions. I actually prefer the way The Expanse novelization handles that scene because it gives more of Trip's POV and also has more dialogue (with T'Pol trying to get him to stay) which makes the reasons for Trip's reaction a bit more obvious.

Not much T/T from "Anomaly" except this one.

Decisions, decisions... an evening with Phlox's creatures on his stomach or an hour of neuropressure with T'Pol.
from Tery's collection

More to come....
Old April 15 2007, 04:00 AM   #103
tothebridge
Fleet Captain

Next up, the peaches scene from "Extinction."

Banter and teasing is fine, but it's also nice to see the gentlemanly side of Trip on occasion.

Trip brings T'Pol a gift of Georgia peaches.

He wants her to try one, but T'Pol says she doesn't usually eat that late.

Trip puts on his best "Pretty please?" expression, and

T'Pol relents and takes one bite of a peach.

As Trip waits expectantly for her reaction,

T'Pol simply stares for a moment

And then gives him a subtle smile.

But then she remembers that Mr. Tucker needs more balanced feedback, so she tells him that the peaches won't make up for the two previous sessions that he cancelled.

Trip says that he's been busy...and comments that it's not like he didn't want to come back....

A little later, Trip prepares for neuropressure.

Initially, he's worried about his feet (the smell and being ticklish).

But not for long....

Nice scene.
Old April 15 2007, 04:12 AM   #104
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

Nice, but these pictures come from Extinction. Remember? Trip gets T'Pol's DNA from the peach she bit into...
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
Old April 15 2007, 04:16 AM   #105
tothebridge
Fleet Captain

^^Yep, thanks.... I just realized I switched the episode titles, so I'll correct it. I have "Raijin" on the brain because that one's coming up next....
Closed Thread