A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old August 30 2008, 08:14 AM   #931
teddysmom
Cadet

Re: Trip & T'Pol: The Good That They Do

I saw my first episode of Enterprise today during the Sci-Fi marathon. I love love love Trip and Tpol. So much so, that I found episode guides to help me piece their story together. (the marathon is not in sequence).

Please tell me Trip doesn't die at the end. I mean, it's a holograph, it's not real, right? I'm trying to find anything to make me feel better. Because if he dies, I'm canceling my order for DVD sets.

Plus, didn't they have a kid named Lorean that is captain of the Enterprise in the future. Trip doesn't die until this kid is 14.

I haven't seen the last episode, so I need someone to make me feel better and tell me the synopsis is untrue.
Old August 30 2008, 02:54 PM   #932
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

First of all...welcome!

These are the Voyages is an episode based on a holo-deck program in which, yes, Trip 'seems' to die. He doesn't, and it is explained in the novel The Good That Men Do.

To me (and to several of the actors ), Demons/Terra Prime is the real finale.

Enjoy TnT...we do!

LJ

LJ2
Old August 30 2008, 03:41 PM   #933
boushh
Rear Admiral

teddysmom wrote: View Post
I saw my first episode of Enterprise today during the Sci-Fi marathon. I love love love Trip and Tpol. So much so, that I found episode guides to help me piece their story together. (the marathon is not in sequence).

Please tell me Trip doesn't die at the end. I mean, it's a holograph, it's not real, right? I'm trying to find anything to make me feel better. Because if he dies, I'm canceling my order for DVD sets.

Plus, didn't they have a kid named Lorean that is captain of the Enterprise in the future. Trip doesn't die until this kid is 14.

I haven't seen the last episode, so I need someone to make me feel better and tell me the synopsis is untrue.
Welcome! I think that final episode can be taken as non-factual if it works for you that way, since it is largely based on a holodeck program. As Trippy mentioned, the story has continued in the novels and Trip is not dead in those. They are called: Last Full Measure (just the end bit), The Good That Men Do, and the new one Kobayashi Maru.

I think regardless of the last episode, the show is definitely worth watching, and in my opinion T/T are very worth following along on their journey. You watched everything in such an odd order during the marathon that I think if you do rent or buy the DVDs you'll get a better idea of what went on and will hopefully continue to love T/T. A lot of us do!
Old August 30 2008, 04:18 PM   #934
teddysmom
Cadet

Thank you so much, Trippy and Boushh. I admit, the few episodes I saw were fantastic! All the characters are great, but TnT - well, there was something special about them. I have to see the whole thing from the beginning and I plan on skipping the last episode. I read a review from someone that felt that the show really ended with terra plana (???) and that the writers only did that last episode to showcase the cast from Next Generation.

I am also buying those books. That's so much for making me feel better. I can't believe I missed this show the first time around. I was a huge next generation fan and just couldn't get into deep space 9 and I just didn't keep up.

boushh wrote: View Post

Welcome! I think that final episode can be taken as non-factual if it works for you that way, since it is largely based on a holodeck program. As Trippy mentioned, the story has continued in the novels and Trip is not dead in those. They are called: Last Full Measure (just the end bit), The Good That Men Do, and the new one Kobayashi Maru.

I think regardless of the last episode, the show is definitely worth watching, and in my opinion T/T are very worth following along on their journey. You watched everything in such an odd order during the marathon that I think if you do rent or buy the DVDs you'll get a better idea of what went on and will hopefully continue to love T/T. A lot of us do!
Old August 30 2008, 04:34 PM   #935
Reanok
Commodore

Welcome TeddysMom Trip&T'Pol are great characters there's something special about them.That's one of the reasons I liked the series was the characters.The books definitely continue their story. I also watched hte TnT themed episodes last night I was suprised they showed them back to back.
Old August 30 2008, 08:05 PM   #936
HopefulRomantic
Phloxist Moderator

I saw my first episode of Enterprise today during the Sci-Fi marathon. I love love love Trip and Tpol.
Welcome, teddysmom! Always happy to have another T/T fan on board.

This calls for pictures, eh?

Similitude

Harbinger

E2 (not a T/T shot, but you mentioned Lorian, and well... )

Home

Bound
Old August 31 2008, 10:38 AM   #937
star
Vice Admiral

HopefulRomantic wrote: View Post

Harbinger
Day-um. That look on his face... It's like... "I want you. I want you so bad. I adore you. I'd die for you... But I can't bring myself to say it."

I need to get the ENT books. I haven't read any of them yet. Which is kind of funny, seeing how I used to be more of a fan of Star Trek books rather than the actual shows.

Of course, that was before I discovered fanfiction... *sigh*
Old August 31 2008, 04:30 PM   #938
Reanok
Commodore

Star I agree I like the Enterprise books and fanfiction both.You'll like the TnT storyarc in the books.
Old August 31 2008, 05:02 PM   #939
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

Yes, and 'we' (the TnT fans in general, not just at this board) got a thank you from Martin and Mangels in the new book!

LJ

LJ2
Old September 5 2008, 05:01 PM   #940
Reanok
Commodore

I finished Kobayashi Maru and really liked the how Trip and T'Pol's story was continued in this book.Alot of nice moments in this book.
Old September 14 2008, 01:49 AM   #941
tennisgirl
Captain

star wrote: View Post
HopefulRomantic wrote: View Post

Harbinger
Day-um. That look on his face... It's like... "I want you. I want you so bad. I adore you. I'd die for you... But I can't bring myself to say it."
It sure is...

I think my favorite thing about Harbinger is the facial expressions CT and JB used. They convey so much more silently than they do with the dialogue. It's pretty cool...

Old September 14 2008, 05:45 PM   #942
Reanok
Commodore

I definitely agree tennisgirl.The hidden looks and feelings show the sublteness of it throughout Harbinger CT and JB are great actors.
Old September 16 2008, 09:52 PM   #943
tennisgirl
Captain

Heads up, people! HR has a new chapter out!
Redivivus - Chapter 8

Come on... You know you want to read it...

Old September 17 2008, 05:22 PM   #944
Reanok
Commodore

Thanks for posting the link Tennisgirl. That was a really powerful chapter. Observer effect is one of my favorite Enterprise shows.Wonderful job with your latest chapter HR.
Old September 18 2008, 06:48 AM   #945
HopefulRomantic
Phloxist Moderator

Thanks, Reanok. "Observer Effect" is my favorite.