Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old March 27 2007, 03:20 AM   #31
Reanok
Commodore

Re: Trip & T'Pol: The Good That They Do

I like that Harbinger Trip & T'Pol picture boy was T'Pol mad when Amanda and Trip were partners. Boy was she Jealous. Trip looks great in that red shirt. I love that scene.
Old March 27 2007, 05:10 AM   #32
boushh
Rear Admiral

tennisgirl said:
jgc said:
tothebridge said:

I just love the way CT looks in that red t-shirt!!
I have to agree on that. He looks positively yummy...

That's one of my favorite TnT pics, though. Look at them. They look so angry at whatever they're staring at...
Yup, I love the red too. I actually love both of their sparring outfits.

I love the "Standing Face to Face" collection too, tothebridge.

So what other picture collections could we come up with? Somehow I don't think it will be very difficult.
Old March 27 2007, 06:43 AM   #33
HopefulRomantic
Phloxist Moderator

tothebridge said:

Let me just add my to everyone else's here. They both look gorgeous.

More for the "TnT Standing Together Collection." (This is fun!)

Old March 27 2007, 05:43 PM   #34
tennisgirl
Captain

HopefulRomantic said:

Mmm, cowboy Trip ... Polly looks so cool in this episode. I bet Trip had a good time looking at her dressed in a skirt and all...

Old March 28 2007, 06:18 AM   #35
Triptacular
Captain

I've got no trouble looking at him in leather and suade either.
Old March 28 2007, 06:53 PM   #36
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

HopefulRomantic said:

Hope you don't mind. I "stole" this one for another use.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
Old March 28 2007, 08:29 PM   #37
HopefulRomantic
Phloxist Moderator

JiNX-01 said:
HopefulRomantic said:

Hope you don't mind. I "stole" this one for another use.
Not at all. These here screencaps are for everybody.
Old March 29 2007, 12:23 AM   #38
pookha
Admiral

View pookha's Twitter Profile

there are some things about demons and terra prime that came up in the demons baby thread and since it is hard to answer with out going into what may be considered shippy stuff..
about why trip was the father..
we do know just like soong for some reason paxton did know about trip and tpol. he even calls them "star crossed lovers " to trip in demon.

also take into consideration if they had access to the dna they also possibly had access to phlox medical logs which contained info about lorian . which means they might have had some guideline in how to create a child from his sensor readings ect.
Old March 29 2007, 02:34 AM   #39
tothebridge
Fleet Captain

pookha said:
about why trip was the father..
we do know just like soong for some reason paxton did know about trip and tpol. he even calls them "star crossed lovers " to trip in demon.

Yeah, I think Paxton even referred to them specifically as Romeo and Juliet in that speech. And one of his henchmen also taunted Trip about T'Pol and baby Elizabeth -- "You obviously did more than talk. And look at what you got for your trouble -- some half-human thing." So it certainly seemed that Paxton (and other Terra Primers) believed Trip and T'Pol were romantically involved and that was possibly a factor in the decision to use their DNA.

And from Paxton's POV, I can see why he would select Trip and T'Pol as "parents" -- assuming his goals were to undermine Starfleet's position and also give credibility to his claims about the dangers of interspecies mating.

He could potentially imapct both goals by selecting two high profile Starfleet officers whom he believed to be romantically involved and linking them to the existence of a Vulcan/Human baby. And even if Starfleet and/or Trip and T'Pol denied it, there would be enough "smoke" (the neuropressure, trip to Vulcan, etc.) to make some folks think there might be validity to some of the claims.

As to how Paxton came to find out about the T/T relationship, I tend to think it was from one of two sources (or possibly both). As others mentioned, it seems likely (based on Soong's comments) that there was a lot of post-Xindi media coverage about the crew, which presumably could have included speculation about the T/T relationship. Also, it's possible that Masaro passed on information re: rumors about T/T that were circulating on the ship. The existence of such rumors was mentioned a couple of times in S3 ("Raijin" and "Harbinger") and I think Malcolm also alluded to the rumor mill (re: T'Pol's divorce) in "United."
Old March 29 2007, 04:49 AM   #40
pookha
Admiral

the romeo and juliet reference made me wonder were masaro was in the scene in soong arc.
Old March 30 2007, 05:11 AM   #41
Jenna
Vice Admiral

I know I'm a bit late, but thanks to HR for posting Collide. I'm glad people still like that old thing.

Welcome to those who have recently discovered the awesomeness of TnT, and happy shipping to all!
Old March 31 2007, 05:20 AM   #42
tothebridge
Fleet Captain

Time for more pictures.

BTW, I really like the ones from "North Star," HR. Something about the way the background color contrasts with the foreground. Oh, and Trip and T'Pol look good standing together, too!

Well, it's almost the end of S2 on ENT SciFi Mondays. And seeing it over a shortened timeframe, it really does strike me as an odd sort of season for TnT development. Lots of standing together, working thru various crises, occasional teasing interaction, but nothing that I'd call really substantive personal, one-on-one interaction until the 20th episode of the season "Horizon" (unless you count "Singularity," which I really don't because Trip was not quite himself).

Anyway, the movie night sub-plot gets some extra attention because in S2, it is perhaps one of the more significant TnT threads with some "classic" TnT interaction. The set-up actually goes back to a brief scene in "The Catwalk" after T'Pol watches a western with the crew....

Trip says that he's glad that T'Pol could join them and tells her that they have movie night every Tuesday if she's interested.

Cut to "Horizon" about 8 episodes later...Trip and T'Pol are working together on sensors to monitor volcanoes on a planet and Trip notes that there won't be much to do in the coming days because all the data will be automatically recorded. Very smooth, Trip.

T'Pol replies that he should have plenty of time to practice his harmonica. (I think T'Pol is getting the hang of this teasing stuff.)

Trip's reaction....

Trip tells T'Pol that Chef's agreed to have movie night every night, and since T'Pol enjoyed that western so much, he thought she'd be interested.

T'Pol's not so sure about this.

Trip lists all the movies that will be showing... "Frankenstein," "Bride of Frankenstein," etc.

T'Pol walks over to Trip and says that she has no interest in horror movies. (Hmmm....why does she have to stand so close to him again?)

This is not what Trip wants to hear -- he goes into pleading mode.... says T'Pol doesn't have to come to all of them -- just the first one.

He tries a new approach -- says this will be right up her alley -- reanimated life forms, science gone amok, etc.

Goes back to working

Then turns around again to give her one final smile.

And T'Pol has a dilemma....

Nice scene. T'Pol banters easily with Trip now. And she says she's not interested in horror movies but then wavers. Hmmm...is she more prone to influence now or is it Trip's charm? More to come....
Old March 31 2007, 05:37 AM   #43
kitkat
Admiral

Nice pics tothebridge. Very lovely. :thumbsup:

Past, present and future walked into a bar...it was tense.
Old March 31 2007, 09:26 AM   #44
pookha
Admiral

hello jenna. waves..

to the bridge..
singularity besides being the most fun episode (though very dark humor) does have tpol reacting because she knows cranky snarky trip is not the trip she currently knows. and she goes off to talk to one of his friends , malcolm even though she tries to act like she wants to talk about something else.

and movie night in a way goes back to travis teasing trip about taking a date to movie night in communicator.
Old March 31 2007, 07:28 PM   #45
Jenna
Vice Admiral

Hey pookha! Nice to see you.

I was flipping channels last night and randomly stopped on Sci-fi. Stargate something-or-other was on and the big dude with the weird thing on his forehead was talking to this blonde girl with skimpy clothes. I squinted. It was MU T'Pol without the pointed ears!

That entertained me for a good 15 minutes even though I had no idea what was going on with the show itself.

There's been some really good updates to old favs in T/T fanfiction. Got 'em on the C2. 2Distracted's "Khellian" has a super-long update with plenty of Trip/T'Pol/T'Mir stuff.
Closed Thread