Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old April 18 2008, 09:16 AM   #331
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701
Re: Ratings are in !

Okay, let's assume there was never a plan. It was tagged on and TPTB thought they could go somewhere really cool with it. Let's also assume that they decided they were getting no where, and dropped the whole concept. Is that really a reflection on the entire show? Ar you, archangel, really going to let five little words that even preceed the teaser really ruin your enjoyment of the entire show? Or was there never an enjoyment of the show, and you're here because it's fun?

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
Old April 18 2008, 09:22 AM   #332
Archangel

It's more fun watching fanboys sputter and rationalize. There was no abandoned plan, they said so themselves....they lied in the opening to attract viewers. who watched the show turn into Desperate Cylons.

I guess all those people who were fans and "got it" in season one...then left as the show got worse....I guess they suddenly stopped getting it.

But do keep spinning....some of you are approaching Languatron levels.

Old April 18 2008, 09:26 AM   #333
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

So why are you here then? If season one is all you liked, why do you come into every thread about the following seasons and stir up the dust?

Oh, and on your sig: it's needs to be a question mark at the end.

Old April 18 2008, 09:37 AM   #334
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile

Archangel wrote: View Post

So basically you say RDM doesn't lie...I point out one of the many lies from the show and the usual suspects dismiss it out of hand...

color me shocked
Well, except that its not a lie. The Cylons have a plan. Maybe not a well executed one, Maybe one that hasn't changed, maybe one that doesn't make a damn bit of sense to the viewer, but they have one.

Some people--I'm not thinking of anyone in particular--keeps throwing that around as if it was supposed to mean that RDM and Co had a plan, which they obviously didn't past the bare bones series arc. And I don't see why that in and of itself is supposed to be a bad thing.

But the bottom line is, I enjoy the show. I don't give a crap is RDM lies every third word, if the Cylon plan doesn't make sense or if the ratings are in the crapper. None of that effects my enjoyment at all.

I guess all those people who were fans and "got it" in season one...then left as the show got worse....I guess they suddenly stopped getting it.
No, they just stopped enjoying it, which is fine (if in fact the ratings actually reflect lost viewers and not viewers recording for later viewing or getting the show from iTunes, which is equally possible). Not every show is for everyone. But what is clear is that the fans who continue to watch are still enjoying it. What exactly is wrong with that?

(And yes, Sam, I know I shouldn't take the bait. I'm a weak man....)
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
Old April 18 2008, 09:44 AM   #335
Archangel

LOL.....You rationalizations about the "plan" are hysterical.

Old April 18 2008, 09:58 AM   #336
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

I don't suppose I can talk you out of an answer to my previous question, which I feel is pretty valid right now.

Old April 18 2008, 10:51 AM   #337
Archangel

archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
I don't suppose I can talk you out of an answer to my previous question, which I feel is pretty valid right now.
You mean the question that's complete and utter BS?

In the past 10 days I've posted in exactly 6 threads on this forum...3 of them were threads started by me. But don't let reality interfere with you attempts to run me away from your RDM lovefest.

Old April 18 2008, 10:53 AM   #338
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

But do keep spinning....some of you are approaching Languatron levels.
Nah, wrong team. That's your side.
Old April 18 2008, 11:11 AM   #339
Neroon
Mod of balance

Well, here's a plan we've had in place for, ohhhhh.... 3-4 years I think.

This forum is for discussing the series both new and old. It works best when we're not focusing so much of our energies on each other. How about you dial it back instead of being so antagonistic? Antagonism leads to hate. Hate leads to trolling. Trolling leads to infractions.....

Mehh..... you get the idea.

archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
You mean the question that's complete and utter BS?

In the past 10 days I've posted in exactly 6 threads on this forum...3 of them were threads started by me. But don't let reality interfere with you attempts to run me away from your RDM lovefest.
- Proverbs 12:20

Last edited by Neroon; April 18 2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old April 18 2008, 11:33 AM   #340
Archangel

So.....wait.....he made a complete BS accusation about me posting in every thread....I call him on it.....and you come in after me?

Wow the fanboys must be weak to have to run crying to the mods to fight their battles since they can't actually backup any of their absurd spinning.

warning trolling....blah...blah
  Received Infraction
Old April 18 2008, 11:43 AM   #341
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

Man, I love this show

I can't wait to see how they rap up the series at the end of S4. I'm also curious what ratings the finale will get. If I'm reading Russ's charts right, there was always an upturn for the finale except for S3 (http://trekbbs.com/showpost.php?p=1538016&postcount=295). But I assume this will be different since the show as a whole is coming to an end. I just wonder how many more people will actually tune in.
Old April 18 2008, 01:07 PM   #342
Neroon
Mod of balance

So.....wait.....he made a complete BS accusation about me posting in every thread....I call him on it.....and you come in after me?

Wow the fanboys must be weak to have to run crying to the mods to fight their battles since they can't actually backup any of their absurd spinning.

warning trolling....blah...blah
Infraction for trolling.

Comments to PM
Old April 18 2008, 03:03 PM   #343
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

EliyahuQeoni wrote: View Post
(And yes, Sam, I know I shouldn't take the bait. I'm a weak man....)
I hear you. I'm having a hard time, myself. Obviously.

Thankfully, someone just took the cheese out of the trap for us. For the moment, anyway.
Old April 18 2008, 04:03 PM   #344
Neroon
Mod of balance

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
Thankfully, someone just took the cheese out of the trap for us. For the moment, anyway.
May your wisdom be long and fruitful, in the same direction.

Old April 18 2008, 05:17 PM   #345
nx1701g
Admiral

Kitty Worrier wrote: View Post
How many other people have started watching shows time-delayed, since DVR's are so damned convienent in the last two years? I know that since I got my dvr, I've been using it more and more. I can't even imagine life without it now.
I usually watch online.