Best of Both Worlds: The Daring Cliffhanger
By: T'Bonz on Jul 6

Trekonomics Book
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Shore Leave 37 Convention
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Two New ThinkGeek Trek-themed Items
By: T'Bonz on Jul 2

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old April 17 2008, 09:45 PM   #316
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile
Re: Ratings are in !

archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
^To be fair, there have been no Ship of Light or anything of that sort yet. Some people have said that they got that vibe from the premier, but all we have for now is Starbuck resurrected in a brand new viper.
And RDM said early on that the Ships of Light were part of the BSG Mythos that he wasn't interested in using. Sure, he could have changed his mind, but I see no indication that he has.
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
Old April 17 2008, 11:39 PM   #317
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

EliyahuQeoni wrote: View Post
^To be fair, there have been no Ship of Light or anything of that sort yet. Some people have said that they got that vibe from the premier, but all we have for now is Starbuck resurrected in a brand new viper.
And RDM said early on that the Ships of Light were part of the BSG Mythos that he wasn't interested in using. Sure, he could have changed his mind, but I see no indication that he has.

RDM: "We said 'Hey, let's kill Starbuck; and she talked with Katee and she was up for it and we did it. Starbuck is dead and gone and not coming back..."
Old April 17 2008, 11:52 PM   #318
Harvey
Admiral

Noname Given wrote: View Post
EliyahuQeoni wrote: View Post

RDM: "We said 'Hey, let's kill Starbuck; and she talked with Katee and she was up for it and we did it. Starbuck is dead and gone and not coming back..."
The situation surroudning Starbuck's death has been the only time in the history of the show where RDM and others have attempted to perpetrate a lie for dramatic effect. Sure, he might do it again, but there's no evidence of a pattern at this point. Since he's been honest on all other things, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old April 18 2008, 12:06 AM   #319
Berg417448
Commander

And maybe it was only half a lie since there are spoilers out there indicating that
Old April 18 2008, 02:04 AM   #320
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Berg417448 wrote: View Post
And maybe it was only half a lie since there are spoilers out there indicating that
Interesting...
Old April 18 2008, 02:14 AM   #321
Archangel

Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post

The situation surroudning Starbuck's death has been the only time in the history of the show where RDM and others have attempted to perpetrate a lie for dramatic effect. Sure, he might do it again, but there's no evidence of a pattern at this point. Since he's been honest on all other things, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"And They Have a Plan"

Old April 18 2008, 03:03 AM   #322
Harvey
Admiral

Archangel wrote: View Post

"And They Have a Plan"
Which RDM has been consistent in declaring, since the beginning, as David Eick's idea and not something that he conceived of. His original response: "what plan?"

It's a neat little phrase for marketing purposes. Fans who get all stressed out over it need to chill out.

Old April 18 2008, 03:09 AM   #323
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

It's a neat little phrase for marketing purposes. Fans who get all stressed out over it need to chill out.
What advice do you have for those few people who are not fans, but are still very obviously stressed out about it?
Old April 18 2008, 03:22 AM   #324
Harvey
Admiral

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
What advice do you have for those few people who are not fans, but are still very obviously stressed out about it?
Leave us be? I love discussing the show, for all its virtues and its flaws, but it's getting awfully tiresome having to defend the series from critics who continuously use the same set of stale and ineffectual talking points.

Old April 18 2008, 03:33 AM   #325
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Leave us be? I love discussing the show, for all its virtues and its flaws, but it's getting awfully tiresome having to defend the series from critics who continuously use the same set of stale and ineffectual talking points.
Maybe if they post the ratings one more time, you will be convinced that you don't actually like the show.

I, for one, am starting to falter. I thought I loved the show, but then some bitter anonymous stranger on the internet kept inexplicably posting ratings statistics for a show that he claims to not like. And now I can't be sure.

Maybe I hate Battlestar Galactica.

I wish someone would just tell me what to think. I am so unsure of my own opinions.
Old April 18 2008, 05:47 AM   #326
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

You kidding? I've seen the first three seasons on DVD only, but now that I know the facts (the ratings), I now realize that everything since part two of the mini has been genuine shit. The only reason I haven't burned my DVD's yet is because they're expensive and don't burn well.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
Old April 18 2008, 06:37 AM   #327
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

I wish someone would just tell me what to think. I am so unsure of my own opinions.
If the show were any good you would be sure! Between that and the ratings that have been posted here I think I finally see the light:

Battlestar Galactica was planned by Ron Moore as an attempt to further his puppy raping/murdering agenda.
Old April 18 2008, 08:39 AM   #328
Archangel

Archangel wrote: View Post

"And They Have a Plan"
Which RDM has been consistent in declaring, since the beginning, as David Eick's idea and not something that he conceived of. His original response: "what plan?"

So basically you say RDM doesn't lie...I point out one of the many lies from the show and the usual suspects dismiss it out of hand...

color me shocked

Old April 18 2008, 08:40 AM   #329
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

Watch the show, not RDM or people on this board. It will make you far more satisfied
Old April 18 2008, 08:51 AM   #330
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Rule #2:

If RDM ever lied, the show is bad.

This is all starting to make sense.