RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 146,458
Posts: 5,771,904
Members: 25,959
Currently online: 484
Newest member: lucillelads

TrekToday headlines

Working Star Trek Communicator
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Deep Space Nine Coins Debut
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Two New Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Elba: Trek’s New Villain
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Deep Space Nine Frisbee
By: T'Bonz on Jul 6

Star Trek Attack Wing Wave 16
By: T'Bonz on Jul 6

Best of Both Worlds: The Daring Cliffhanger
By: T'Bonz on Jul 6

Trekonomics Book
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Shore Leave 37 Convention
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Two New ThinkGeek Trek-themed Items
By: T'Bonz on Jul 2


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old April 17 2008, 09:45 PM   #316
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore
 
EliyahuQeoni's Avatar
 
Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile
Re: Ratings are in !

archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
^To be fair, there have been no Ship of Light or anything of that sort yet. Some people have said that they got that vibe from the premier, but all we have for now is Starbuck resurrected in a brand new viper.
And RDM said early on that the Ships of Light were part of the BSG Mythos that he wasn't interested in using. Sure, he could have changed his mind, but I see no indication that he has.
__________________
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
EliyahuQeoni is offline  
Old April 17 2008, 11:39 PM   #317
Noname Given
Vice Admiral
 
Location: None Given
Re: Ratings are in !

EliyahuQeoni wrote: View Post
archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
^To be fair, there have been no Ship of Light or anything of that sort yet. Some people have said that they got that vibe from the premier, but all we have for now is Starbuck resurrected in a brand new viper.
And RDM said early on that the Ships of Light were part of the BSG Mythos that he wasn't interested in using. Sure, he could have changed his mind, but I see no indication that he has.

RDM: "We said 'Hey, let's kill Starbuck; and she talked with Katee and she was up for it and we did it. Starbuck is dead and gone and not coming back..."
Noname Given is offline  
Old April 17 2008, 11:52 PM   #318
Harvey
Admiral
 
Harvey's Avatar
 
Re: Ratings are in !

Noname Given wrote: View Post
EliyahuQeoni wrote: View Post
archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
^To be fair, there have been no Ship of Light or anything of that sort yet. Some people have said that they got that vibe from the premier, but all we have for now is Starbuck resurrected in a brand new viper.
And RDM said early on that the Ships of Light were part of the BSG Mythos that he wasn't interested in using. Sure, he could have changed his mind, but I see no indication that he has.

RDM: "We said 'Hey, let's kill Starbuck; and she talked with Katee and she was up for it and we did it. Starbuck is dead and gone and not coming back..."
The situation surroudning Starbuck's death has been the only time in the history of the show where RDM and others have attempted to perpetrate a lie for dramatic effect. Sure, he might do it again, but there's no evidence of a pattern at this point. Since he's been honest on all other things, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
__________________
"This begs explanation." - de Forest Research on Star Trek

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline  
Old April 18 2008, 12:06 AM   #319
Berg417448
Commander
 
Berg417448's Avatar
 
Re: Ratings are in !

And maybe it was only half a lie since there are spoilers out there indicating that
Berg417448 is offline  
Old April 18 2008, 02:04 AM   #320
sidious618
Admiral
 
sidious618's Avatar
 
Location: New York, US
Send a message via AIM to sidious618
Re: Ratings are in !

Berg417448 wrote: View Post
And maybe it was only half a lie since there are spoilers out there indicating that
Interesting...
__________________
We've met before, haven't we?
sidious618 is offline  
Old April 18 2008, 02:14 AM   #321
Archangel
Guest
 
Re: Ratings are in !

Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post

The situation surroudning Starbuck's death has been the only time in the history of the show where RDM and others have attempted to perpetrate a lie for dramatic effect. Sure, he might do it again, but there's no evidence of a pattern at this point. Since he's been honest on all other things, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.


"And They Have a Plan"
 
Old April 18 2008, 03:03 AM   #322
Harvey
Admiral
 
Harvey's Avatar
 
Re: Ratings are in !

Archangel wrote: View Post
Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post

The situation surroudning Starbuck's death has been the only time in the history of the show where RDM and others have attempted to perpetrate a lie for dramatic effect. Sure, he might do it again, but there's no evidence of a pattern at this point. Since he's been honest on all other things, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
"And They Have a Plan"
Which RDM has been consistent in declaring, since the beginning, as David Eick's idea and not something that he conceived of. His original response: "what plan?"

It's a neat little phrase for marketing purposes. Fans who get all stressed out over it need to chill out.
__________________
"This begs explanation." - de Forest Research on Star Trek

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline  
Old April 18 2008, 03:09 AM   #323
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral
 
Samuel T. Cogley's Avatar
 
Location: Hold still, Jim.
Re: Ratings are in !

Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
It's a neat little phrase for marketing purposes. Fans who get all stressed out over it need to chill out.
What advice do you have for those few people who are not fans, but are still very obviously stressed out about it?
__________________
"If I didn't keep getting distracted by an avatar showing a sombrero'd dog getting his engineering hull penis substitute cut off I'd probably say that the above post was a point well made." - ITL
Samuel T. Cogley is offline  
Old April 18 2008, 03:22 AM   #324
Harvey
Admiral
 
Harvey's Avatar
 
Re: Ratings are in !

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
It's a neat little phrase for marketing purposes. Fans who get all stressed out over it need to chill out.
What advice do you have for those few people who are not fans, but are still very obviously stressed out about it?
Leave us be? I love discussing the show, for all its virtues and its flaws, but it's getting awfully tiresome having to defend the series from critics who continuously use the same set of stale and ineffectual talking points.
__________________
"This begs explanation." - de Forest Research on Star Trek

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline  
Old April 18 2008, 03:33 AM   #325
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral
 
Samuel T. Cogley's Avatar
 
Location: Hold still, Jim.
Re: Ratings are in !

Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
It's a neat little phrase for marketing purposes. Fans who get all stressed out over it need to chill out.
What advice do you have for those few people who are not fans, but are still very obviously stressed out about it?
Leave us be? I love discussing the show, for all its virtues and its flaws, but it's getting awfully tiresome having to defend the series from critics who continuously use the same set of stale and ineffectual talking points.
Maybe if they post the ratings one more time, you will be convinced that you don't actually like the show.

I, for one, am starting to falter. I thought I loved the show, but then some bitter anonymous stranger on the internet kept inexplicably posting ratings statistics for a show that he claims to not like. And now I can't be sure.

Maybe I hate Battlestar Galactica.

I wish someone would just tell me what to think. I am so unsure of my own opinions.
__________________
"If I didn't keep getting distracted by an avatar showing a sombrero'd dog getting his engineering hull penis substitute cut off I'd probably say that the above post was a point well made." - ITL
Samuel T. Cogley is offline  
Old April 18 2008, 05:47 AM   #326
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral
 
archeryguy1701's Avatar
 
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701
Re: Ratings are in !

You kidding? I've seen the first three seasons on DVD only, but now that I know the facts (the ratings), I now realize that everything since part two of the mini has been genuine shit. The only reason I haven't burned my DVD's yet is because they're expensive and don't burn well.
__________________
"If it weren't for stupid, difficult races, there'd simply be no point to living."

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is offline  
Old April 18 2008, 06:37 AM   #327
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral
 
DeafPoet's Avatar
 
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Re: Ratings are in !

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
I wish someone would just tell me what to think. I am so unsure of my own opinions.
If the show were any good you would be sure! Between that and the ratings that have been posted here I think I finally see the light:

Battlestar Galactica was planned by Ron Moore as an attempt to further his puppy raping/murdering agenda.
DeafPoet is offline  
Old April 18 2008, 08:39 AM   #328
Archangel
Guest
 
Re: Ratings are in !

Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
Archangel wrote: View Post
Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post

The situation surroudning Starbuck's death has been the only time in the history of the show where RDM and others have attempted to perpetrate a lie for dramatic effect. Sure, he might do it again, but there's no evidence of a pattern at this point. Since he's been honest on all other things, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
"And They Have a Plan"
Which RDM has been consistent in declaring, since the beginning, as David Eick's idea and not something that he conceived of. His original response: "what plan?"

It's a neat little phrase for marketing purposes. Fans who get all stressed out over it need to chill out.
Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
It's a neat little phrase for marketing purposes. Fans who get all stressed out over it need to chill out.
What advice do you have for those few people who are not fans, but are still very obviously stressed out about it?
So basically you say RDM doesn't lie...I point out one of the many lies from the show and the usual suspects dismiss it out of hand...

color me shocked
 
Old April 18 2008, 08:40 AM   #329
MyCylon
Rear Admiral
 
MyCylon's Avatar
 
Location: Am I a Cylon?
Re: Ratings are in !

Watch the show, not RDM or people on this board. It will make you far more satisfied
__________________
"For everyone lost in the endlessly multiplicating realities of the modern world, remember: Philip K. Dick got there first" - Terry Gilliam
MyCylon is offline  
Old April 18 2008, 08:51 AM   #330
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral
 
Samuel T. Cogley's Avatar
 
Location: Hold still, Jim.
Re: Ratings are in !

Rule #2:

If RDM ever lied, the show is bad.

This is all starting to make sense.
__________________
"If I didn't keep getting distracted by an avatar showing a sombrero'd dog getting his engineering hull penis substitute cut off I'd probably say that the above post was a point well made." - ITL
Samuel T. Cogley is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Tags
ratings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.