RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,667
Members: 24,818
Currently online: 415
Newest member: Thomas Eugene

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old December 1 2006, 06:10 AM   #196
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...
Re: Deck Plans V: The Not-So-Final Go Around

I am now moving to the next stage, i.e., I now have ginormous pics of the Sinclair drawings, thanks to that drawing program Jackill is promoting and around a couple hundred screencaps to piece 'em all together.

To give y'all an idea of the size I'm working with, here's the bridge, full size...

Captain Robert April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1 2006, 06:14 AM   #197
Warped9
Admiral

Captain Robert April said:
And the best part is, the remastered episodes haven't contradicted me, at least when it comes to the phasers.
As far as I'm concerned the remastered f/x mean squat in terms of continuity or canon.
Old December 2 2006, 12:43 AM   #198
jayrath
Fleet Captain

Forbin said:
The visible phaser banks come strictly from the Franz Joseph plans released in the '70s. It was his idea, and he was the first to show them there. I often include them on my kitbashes, too, but never on the Enterprise herself, because they weren't on the filming miniature we saw on TV.
Actually, they were on the AMT model, which is at least as canon as Franz Joseph.
jayrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2006, 12:21 AM   #199
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...

jayrath said:
Forbin said:
The visible phaser banks come strictly from the Franz Joseph plans released in the '70s. It was his idea, and he was the first to show them there. I often include them on my kitbashes, too, but never on the Enterprise herself, because they weren't on the filming miniature we saw on TV.
Actually, they were on the AMT model, which is at least as canon as Franz Joseph.
Are you talking about those three unexplained indentations on the underside of the saucer?
Old May 9 2007, 01:54 AM   #200
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Just to let everyone know this project has not been forgotten...

Old May 9 2007, 05:04 AM   #201
doctorwho 03
Captain

Good to hear from you again. :thumbsup:

Visit my Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/doctorwho03
doctorwho 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2007, 09:21 PM   #202
TowerPower
Commander

I've been a fan of this topic - please continue your work.
TowerPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2007, 07:40 PM   #203
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Semi-update:

I've decided to go with two transporter rooms, both of them arranged so that you've got that short bit of corridor leading to a ready turbolift. Already have them situated on Deck 6.

Unfortunately, my computer is still being uncooperative, so I was unable to copy the WIP pic.

I'm about ready to do a root canal on the thing.
Old June 2 2007, 11:06 PM   #204
doctorwho 03
Captain

Two transporters sounds like enough. It's consistant with Mirror Archer's line about Transporter Room Two in IAMD. Let's hope your computer will be kind enough to let us see an update soon.

Old June 3 2007, 08:05 PM   #205
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

After being informed that AOL acts much like a virus, I'm leaning more and more towards getting a new hard drive, installing Windows XP from scratch, and going with another ISP. Probably NetZero.

I'm gonna miss all those bookmarks I'd stacked up over the years, though...
Old June 3 2007, 11:34 PM   #206
Ziz
Commodore

Fight your way through signing onto AOL long enough to email all, or at least your most important, bookmarks to yourself, preferably at another email addy. Then when you get the new machine set up, just read the mail, click on each link and re-bookmark it.
Old June 4 2007, 12:30 AM   #207
Forbin
Admiral

Doesn't your browser have the ability to save bookmarks as an HTML file? Then you can import them to a new browser? Netscape does, and I've been carrying bookmarks from one computer to the other for almost 15 years. I decided to start weeding out dead URLs after the bookmark file size capped 200k.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2007, 08:27 AM   #208
Santaman
Rear Admiral

If its a modified IE version that AOHELL uses then you can find the bookmarks in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Account Name\Favorites
You can just copy the whole folder to another drive or directory in this case and if you are going to use IE then install XP and copy the whole thing back.

If its a totally different browser then I have no clue.
Old June 4 2007, 05:28 PM   #209
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

One solution we're playing with is switching to a DSL connection, then changing AOL to "bring your own access" billing, since the key problem seems to be getting the dialup to stay connected long enough to get the list of access phone numbers. We were considering going with a DSL for a while anyway, this just seems to have made things a bit more imperative.

The computer seems to be needing some work anyway. It won't recognize the floppy drives, nor will it burn anything on the CD drive (otherwise I'd have had an actual update pic). I'm tempted to blame the AOL mess on this, but it could also be the result of a loose connection somewhere.

Ever get the feeling you were born in the wrong century?
Old June 4 2007, 08:30 PM   #210
doctorwho 03
Captain

Tell me about it.