RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,554
Posts: 5,513,670
Members: 25,145
Currently online: 678
Newest member: Running Wolf

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 8 2007, 02:33 AM   #841
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

David Mack said:
JD said:
After watching Monday's Prison Break, I just want to once again say that Jodi Lynn O'Keefe would be a good T'Prynn.
Not bad...but I still think Bridget Moynahan is a better fit for the role.
Cool, "not bad" is deffinitly better than being told I'm an idiot. I was just trying to come up with somebody else since I'm not really familiar with Bridget Moynahan.
__________________
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2007, 08:30 AM   #842
captcalhoun
Admiral
 
Location: everywhere
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

^ M:I 3
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2007, 04:04 PM   #843
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

I just looked her up and I've actually seen her in I, Robot, Sum of All Fears, and Six Degrees. Guess I do actually know of her then.
__________________
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2007, 04:09 PM   #844
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

I just looked her up and I've actually seen her in I, Robot, Sum of All Fears, and Six Degrees. Guess I do actually know of her then.
If you meant Bridget Moynahan when you said MI:III, it was actually Michelle Monoghan who was in it.
__________________
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2007, 08:55 PM   #845
captcalhoun
Admiral
 
Location: everywhere
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

d'oh.
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2007, 04:41 PM   #846
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

I was just getting started on Taking Wing (for my 2nd read) in preparation for Sword of Damocles, and I couldn't remember who the popular choices were for the new characters. I wanted to include voices for the non-human characters too. Opinions?
The only people I've "cast" are:
Vale: Amanda Tapping
Keru: Adam Baldwin
Jaza: Jesse L. Matin
__________________
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2007, 06:33 PM   #847
KRAD
Keith R.A. DeCandido
 
KRAD's Avatar
 
Location: New York City
View KRAD's Twitter Profile
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Okay, I finally watched Razor last night, and I'm sold.

Stephanie Jacobsen is Miranda Kadohata. No question.
__________________
Keith R.A. DeCandido
Blog | Facebook | Twitter

"Even when you turn your back, you're facing something."
KRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2007, 06:45 PM   #848
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

^ I watched it when it was on TV, and I can definitely see that too.
__________________
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2007, 07:21 PM   #849
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

KRAD said:
Okay, I finally watched Razor last night, and I'm sold.

Stephanie Jacobsen is Miranda Kadohata. No question.
Hmm... at 27, she's at least a decade too young for the part, but otherwise she's a great choice.
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 11/16/14 including annotations for "The Caress of a Butterfly's Wing" and overview for DTI: The Collectors

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2007, 07:36 PM   #850
KRAD
Keith R.A. DeCandido
 
KRAD's Avatar
 
Location: New York City
View KRAD's Twitter Profile
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Miranda could just be one of those people who looks young for her age.
__________________
Keith R.A. DeCandido
Blog | Facebook | Twitter

"Even when you turn your back, you're facing something."
KRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2007, 07:37 PM   #851
Geoff Thorne
Fleet Captain
 
Geoff Thorne's Avatar
 
Location: Lost Angles
View Geoff Thorne's Twitter Profile
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

JD said:
I was just getting started on Taking Wing (for my 2nd read) in preparation for Sword of Damocles, and I couldn't remember who the popular choices were for the new characters. I wanted to include voices for the non-human characters too. Opinions?
The only people I've "cast" are:
Vale: Amanda Tapping
Keru: Adam Baldwin
Jaza: Jesse L. Matin
Angela Bassett from STRANGE DAYS is Y'Lira Modan (but made of gold) in my mind. I envisioned Paulo Rossini as a younger Nestor Carbonal (sp). And Angelina Jolie is Hsuuri.

But, you know, covered in fur and with a tail.

What.

It could happen.
__________________
Sword of Damocles Annotations new and improved!


Starfleet is not a military organization. Its purpose is exploration. - Jean-Luc Picard
Geoff Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2007, 09:01 PM   #852
Ru ru, chu
Fleet Admiral
 
Ru ru, chu's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
View Ru ru, chu's Twitter Profile
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Cicero said:
Christopher said:
For Leybenzon -- bald, thick moustache, bulbous nose -- the closest I can come is G. Gordon Liddy, though I doubt that's what Keith had in mind.
Dan Didio?
I'm thinking Tony Levin.
__________________
"A hot dog at the ballpark is better than a steak at the Ritz." - Humphrey Bogart
Ru ru, chu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2007, 12:43 AM   #853
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

RedJack said:
JD said:
I was just getting started on Taking Wing (for my 2nd read) in preparation for Sword of Damocles, and I couldn't remember who the popular choices were for the new characters. I wanted to include voices for the non-human characters too. Opinions?
The only people I've "cast" are:
Vale: Amanda Tapping
Keru: Adam Baldwin
Jaza: Jesse L. Matin
Angela Bassett from STRANGE DAYS is Y'Lira Modan (but made of gold) in my mind. I envisioned Paulo Rossini as a younger Nestor Carbonal (sp). And Angelina Jolie is Hsuuri.

But, you know, covered in fur and with a tail.

What.

It could happen.
So it was Paolo then? I was wondering which of the twins it was. :thumbsup:
__________________
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2007, 02:07 AM   #854
Rat Boy
Vice Admiral
 
Rat Boy's Avatar
 
Location: Home of the World Champion San Francisco Giants!
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Christopher said:
KRAD said:
Okay, I finally watched Razor last night, and I'm sold.

Stephanie Jacobsen is Miranda Kadohata. No question.
Hmm... at 27, she's at least a decade too young for the part, but otherwise she's a great choice.
Really? I'm 27 and I don't look that young.
Rat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2007, 02:56 AM   #855
Sci
Admiral
 
Sci's Avatar
 
Location: "Don't blame me--I voted for Jaresh-Inyo!"
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Rat Boy said:
Christopher said:
KRAD said:
Okay, I finally watched Razor last night, and I'm sold.

Stephanie Jacobsen is Miranda Kadohata. No question.
Hmm... at 27, she's at least a decade too young for the part, but otherwise she's a great choice.
Really? I'm 27 and I don't look that young.
Yes, but you are not a professional actress whose financial security is directly related to your ability to appear to be youthful and therefore full of sex appeal.

(Or so I would assume with a name like "Rat Boy"... )
__________________
"Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic Socialism, as I understand it." - George Orwell, 1946
Sci is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.