TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old July 26 2007, 08:36 PM   #676
JD
Admiral

Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

I'm sorry for changing the topic here but I've had idea but I'm not sure if it would really work or not. I just started watching both Homicide Life on the Street and Rescue Me and now I keep thinking that Callie Thorn (Det. Laura Ballard on HLS, Sheila on Rescue Me, and Pam Mahone on Prison Break) could be a good T'Prynn, at least appearance wise. I don't know why she came to mind, but for some reason she has.
Old August 16 2007, 06:24 PM   #677
regemet
Lieutenant Commander

What about Emily Procter(Calleigh Duquesen in C S I Miami) as Captain Kat Muller of U S S Trident
regemet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2007, 04:54 PM   #678
The_Emperor
Lieutenant Commander

Vladimir Kulich as Admiral Leonard James Akaar. That's something I'd very much like to see. The man definitely looks the part, being 6'5" and looking very much like a Capellan. Add to that, he's a great actor. He was fantastic as Buliwyf in 'The 13th Warrior', as well as The Beast in 'Angel'. Here're a couple of pics of the guy so you all can see what I mean. The man, without a doubt, IS Admiral Leonard James Akaar.

[image]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/137/137974/folders/233373/2204041Kulich01.jpg[/image]
[image]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/137/137974/folders/233373/2204042Kulich02.jpg[/image]
[image]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/137/137974/folders/233373/2204043Kulich03.jpg[/image]

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to see him skewering Jem'Hadar soldiers with a kligat.

"That is not my name, father. I am Night Haunter, and I know full well what you intend for me."
The_Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2007, 06:19 PM   #679
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

The_Emperor said:
Vladimir Kulich as Admiral Leonard James Akaar. That's something I'd very much like to see. The man definitely looks the part, being 6'5" and looking very much like a Capellan. Add to that, he's a great actor. He was fantastic as Buliwyf in 'The 13th Warrior', as well as The Beast in 'Angel'. Here're a couple of pics of the guy so you all can see what I mean. The man, without a doubt, IS Admiral Leonard James Akaar.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to see him skewering Jem'Hadar soldiers with a kligat.
Quoted so people can see the pictures.

I hadn't thought of him as Akaar (I always imagined a white version of Michael Clarke Duncan), but I definitely can see Vladimir Kulich as Akaar.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2007, 09:34 PM   #680
JD
Admiral

Deffinitely, he's almost exactly what I've been picturing.
Old August 21 2007, 10:18 PM   #681
TJ Sinclair
Captain

Vladimir Kulich is pretty much dead on perfect for LJ Akaar, in my opinion.

Shifting gears to the Sherman & Schwartz books, how about Jeffrey Donovan for Ruanek?
Old August 23 2007, 04:26 AM   #682
TJ Sinclair
Captain

And here's a quick photomanipulation job of how Donovan as Ruanek might look:

and just for the hell of it, Kulich as LJ Akaar:

Old August 23 2007, 05:09 PM   #683
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

Akaar's supposed to have longer hair, i think, but other than that, fantastic work! Especially the Romulan bloke, though I have no idea who he is.

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2007, 05:55 PM   #684
JD
Admiral

Nice. Would you mind doing me a favor, could you put Amanda Tapping in a read or gold starfleet uniform and turn Vincent Kartheiser into Shar? I've always wanted to get myself some kind of a picture of somebody as those two characers. If you don't want too or don't have time I more than understand. I've wanted to do it myself, but I don't have any photo-manip software. The only reason I ask is because those are absoultely awsome!
Old August 23 2007, 05:58 PM   #685
KRAD
Keith R.A. DeCandido

View KRAD's Twitter Profile

Especially the Romulan bloke, though I have no idea who he is.
If you mean the character, it's Ruanek, who appears in Vulcan's Forge, Vulcan's Heart, and the Vulcan's Soul trilogy. If you mean the actor, it's Jeffrey Donovan, currently the lead in the USA series Burn Notice.

"Even when you turn your back, you're facing something."
KRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2007, 06:31 PM   #686
TJ Sinclair
Captain

JD, if you have photomanip requests, I suggest stopping by the Star Trek Photomanipulation Archive forums at www.stpma.net. They're a friendly lot, and there's a lot of folks over there who love doing this kind of thing and would be happy to whip something up.
Old August 23 2007, 06:44 PM   #687
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

KRAD said:
Especially the Romulan bloke, though I have no idea who he is.
If you mean the character, it's Ruanek, who appears in Vulcan's Forge, Vulcan's Heart, and the Vulcan's Soul trilogy. If you mean the actor, it's Jeffrey Donovan, currently the lead in the USA series Burn Notice.
I meant both actually. Although now that you mention it, I do remember him being in a Dominion War story and I have seen the trailers for that show. Thought he was hot then too.

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2007, 07:22 PM   #688
flandry84
Captain

Cripes! I was picturing a bigger,meaner version of Craig T Nelson as Admiral Akaar,but your guy is spot on.
Old August 23 2007, 07:55 PM   #689
Ru ru, chu
Fleet Admiral

View Ru ru, chu's Twitter Profile

I always envision Vaughn Armstrong as Ruanek.

With:

Claudia Christian as Charvanek
David Warner as Narviat
Old August 23 2007, 08:30 PM   #690
captcalhoun
Admiral

that donovan bloke looks oddly like the guy who presents the 'Click' technology news segments on BBC News 24...
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote