New Star Trek Costumes Book
By: T'Bonz on May 19

Takei Voices Space Alien
By: T'Bonz on May 19

August Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on May 18

Pine To Star In New Drama
By: T'Bonz on May 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old May 16 2015, 09:17 AM   #1
dispatcher812
Commander

S.C.E Omnibus

So I am down to the last 10 stories of the numbered S.C.E stories. Thing is Amazon does not have them for the kindle in omnibus form. Does anyone know why? I am not even sure they have then individually for the Kindle. I just purchased a paperback Out of the Cocoon for a cheap price but it would be nice to have it on kindle.
dispatcher812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2015, 12:36 PM   #2
Defcon
Rear Admiral

View Defcon's Twitter Profile
Re: S.C.E Omnibus

I could be misremembering, but I think they stopped to have ebook versions of the omnibus somewhere down the line.

Amazon has the individual books for Kindle, though:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2?...qid=1431776152
Defcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2015, 08:39 PM   #3
bfollowell
Commander

dispatcher812 wrote: View Post
So I am down to the last 10 stories of the numbered S.C.E stories. Thing is Amazon does not have them for the kindle in omnibus form. Does anyone know why? I am not even sure they have then individually for the Kindle. I just purchased a paperback Out of the Cocoon for a cheap price but it would be nice to have it on kindle.
Yes, you are correct. The last two S.C.E. Omnibus editions, Star Trek: SCE: Out of the Cocoon and Star Trek: SCE: What's Past, were never released digitally. The only way to get those particular stories is to purchase the actual paper copies or purchase the individual stories separately.

I have no idea why but I'm assuming it was a financial decision. Isn't everything in one way or another?

- Byron
Old May 17 2015, 08:18 PM   #4
dispatcher812
Commander

bfollowell wrote: View Post
dispatcher812 wrote: View Post
Yes, you are correct. The last two S.C.E. Omnibus editions, Star Trek: SCE: Out of the Cocoon and Star Trek: SCE: What's Past, were never released digitally. The only way to get those particular stories is to purchase the actual paper copies or purchase the individual stories separately.

I have no idea why but I'm assuming it was a financial decision. Isn't everything in one way or another?

- Byron
Well that's crazy. Why do them all and not the last 2? Oh well. I was able to find a paper back cheaper then what it would be to buy the stories themselves.
dispatcher812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2015, 08:24 PM   #5
Idran
Captain

Keep in mind that technically the last installments weren't in the SCE series, they were in the Corps of Engineers series. That might have something to do with it?
Idran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2015, 09:16 PM   #6
Christopher
Writer

Idran wrote: View Post
Keep in mind that technically the last installments weren't in the SCE series, they were in the Corps of Engineers series. That might have something to do with it?
No, that's different. The last ten stories published under the SCE title were collected in trade paperback omnibus editions along with the rest, but those last two omnibus editions are only available in print form rather than e-book form. That's separate from the eight stories originally published as e-novellas under the Corps of Engineers title, since those have never been collected in omnibus editions at all.
Old May 18 2015, 06:47 AM   #7
Idran
Captain

Oh, my mistake, I misunderstood the question. Shouldn't post while exhausted.
Idran is offline   Reply With Quote