Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old May 26 2011, 03:17 AM   #991
sojourner
Admiral

Re: USS Grandeur - One... More... Time!

As the saying goes, art is never finished, just abandoned.
Old May 26 2011, 03:21 AM   #992
RoJoHen
Awesome

I just wanna know if the Grandeur will ever be complete.
Old May 26 2011, 07:05 AM   #993
largo
Fleet Captain

it's about due for its first refit anyway.
Old May 26 2011, 04:19 PM   #994
Vektor
Rear Admiral

The plan is to finish the Polaris as quickly as possible and then move on to do the same with Grandeur. I've told Darren (the Commander) that I'm shooting for completion by the end of June, but there were some delays on a few key features of the Polaris that may have set that back a little bit.

I'm trying to work on improving the speed at which I complete these projects, which is absolutely necessary if I am ever going to make a career out of it. Unfortunately, I already have a career that only leaves me about two to four hours out of any given day to accomplish everything else, which means very little gets done on 3d modeling or digital art during the week. It sucks but that's the way it is.

Believe me, nobody wants to see Grandeur finished more than I do. I'm proud of what I've done on it but I never intended to make a lifetime project out of it. It's time for it to be finished so I can move on.
Vektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2011, 06:13 PM   #995
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

Sorry, but no. It's been mandated that you spend the next 20 years on the Grandeur. Orders from the top, I'm afraid.
Old May 26 2011, 06:48 PM   #996
largo
Fleet Captain

wip = "work in perpetuity"
Old May 26 2011, 08:00 PM   #997
BK613
Captain

"When will you make an end?" - Rex Harrison as the Pontiff, The Agony and the Ecstasy
Old August 11 2011, 06:48 PM   #998
CaptainRoop
Lieutenant

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
I just wanna know if the Grandeur will ever be complete.
I know it seems like the project has all but died not seeing much going on in recent weeks, but I wanted to get a post out letting you all know it is still going strong, just at the moment, in other areas and things.

I have been talking with Vektor here and there and of course as some of you know he has been working his other main project the Polaris, of which I say is coming along nicely

While not on TrekBBS but more on Scifi Meshes we have other Grandeur related project stuff going on: Bridge and other rooms thread, The USS Blackfoot which is Grandeur's Main support/assault ship and other project things happening.

There is a slight chance that something will be posted by Vektor possibly by this weekend if not before, but if it does not happen, just know he is still working on it behind the scenes and will be back in somewhat full swing after the Polaris thread is totally wrapped up.

The project is still very much alive and Grandeur herself will get completed. I guess for those of you that really want to see this ship get done, it does test our patience, so be strong, it will happen.
CaptainRoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2011, 06:22 AM   #999
Vektor
Rear Admiral

Well, I had hoped to post some new progress on the Grandeur model over the weekend but my 3ds Max rig is being balky and uncooperative, possibly due to the fact that I only have about 2 gigs of hard drive space left. Obviously, I need to do some house cleaning, and I'm probably not going to do much with Max until I do.

In the mean time, I'm giving the Grandeur a similar treatment to the work I've been doing on Polaris recently, rendering out some views and doing paintovers to refine the detailing. Here's what I have for starters:

I'm not abandoning the fully rendered illustration I started earlier, but this technique allows me to cover more ground more quickly by focusing on what has NOT been done yet instead of redrawing everything that has been.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, that thing below the hangar deck control room windows is a tractor beam emitter.
Vektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2011, 07:18 AM   #1000
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

shes so pretty I hope someday to have a RL model of it in my hands to play woosh! with
Old August 16 2011, 07:59 AM   #1001
CaptainRoop
Lieutenant

Kaiser wrote: View Post
shes so pretty I hope someday to have a RL model of it in my hands to play woosh! with
You do know Kaiser that is going to really happen don't you. Barring any major problems or difficulties, we have a physical model slated to happen when Vektor is done with his part of Grandeur in its entirety.

Did you take the model poll?
Old August 16 2011, 08:08 AM   #1002
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

CaptainRoop wrote: View Post
You do know Kaiser that is going to really happen don't you. Barring any major problems or difficulties, we have a physical model slated to happen when Vektor is done with his part of Grandeur in its entirety.

I did not....

is it too late to vote?
Old August 16 2011, 08:17 AM   #1003
CaptainRoop
Lieutenant

CaptainRoop wrote: View Post

I did not....

is it too late to vote?
No not at all please go to http://www.starshipgrandeur.org/html/grandpoll.html and take the poll and others there if you like. Unless you e-mailed me personally and told me you took the poll we have no way of knowing who did take it. It was set up only to find out how many would be interested in having a model of Grandeur when all was finished.
Old August 16 2011, 08:23 AM   #1004
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

I took each poll cus i want all the cool swag going to be made in the future!!
Old August 16 2011, 08:27 AM   #1005
CaptainRoop
Lieutenant

I took each poll cus i want all the cool swag going to be made in the future!!
OK great I appreciate that just have to hang in there, it may be awhile. Vektor has a little ways to go yet and some of the other stuff falls under other categories of the Grandeur Project.

I sent you a private message by the way.