RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,904
Posts: 5,477,487
Members: 25,051
Currently online: 642
Newest member: GrammaticalFict

TrekToday headlines

New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science and Technology

Science and Technology "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old April 28 2014, 10:58 PM   #1
Dryson
Lieutenant Commander
 
Who Came First? - Female or Male?

In the quest to understand the whole spectrum of creation we have to begin to question ourselves on who came first the female or the male?
In most religions it is always said that the Creator was a man who then created man in his likeness and then took from man and made woman.
Although a Creator will never be able to proven or disproven but should be looked to as a form of central power for each person individually when exploring the unknown the simple fact that men have nipples just like the female makes me seriously doubt that the Creator was of male origin because everything that I have read regarding religion states that the male deity created perfectly.
But if a male deity created humans so perfectly then why did he give men nipples? Nipples serve no purpose for the human male what-so-ever. But on the female they are meant to deliver nutrition the young. So with this absolute proof that can be seen everyday on the human male and female this evidence leads me to believe that a male deity did not create life as we know it but an A-sexual deity would have been responsible for our creation based on how religion defines a perfect creation. Humans and their ape like relatives are the only mammals on Earth where both the male and female have nipples. This is also able to be proven just by comparing other male and female species against the human and simian species of planet Earth. This would lead me to one simple evolutionary truth. That humans and simians evolved from an A-sexual ancestor that over time became two distinct genders female and male.

What's your opinion?
Dryson is offline  
Old April 28 2014, 11:00 PM   #2
billcosby
Commodore
 
billcosby's Avatar
 
Location: billcosby
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

It's female. And it's not an opinion, it's biology.
Men's nipples are the red herring of life. It's best to ignore them completely.
__________________
My 1st Edition TrekCCG virtual expansion: http://billcosbytrekccg.blogspot.com/

billcosby is offline  
Old April 28 2014, 11:26 PM   #3
2takesfrakes
Commodore
 
2takesfrakes's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

When in doubt, The Good Book prevails:
Man came first.
__________________
"― Come on! Kill me!! I'm here!!!"
2takesfrakes is offline  
Old April 29 2014, 12:19 AM   #4
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral
 
USS Triumphant's Avatar
 
Location: Go ahead, caller. I'm listening...
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

billcosby wrote: View Post
It's female. And it's not an opinion, it's biology.
^ This, and it can be demonstrated, much like evolution, by watching the developmental stages that fetuses go through. All babies have gills at one point - and they all start female as default until certain hormones do their work, too.

billcosby wrote: View Post
Men's nipples are the red herring of life. It's best to ignore them completely.
Well, in *this* context, anyway.
__________________
As the brilliant philosopher once said... Everybody, have fun tonight. Everybody, Wang Chung tonight.
USS Triumphant is offline  
Old April 29 2014, 01:02 PM   #5
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

God created man.

When God saw what was created, God re-engineered and upgraded the design to create woman.
__________________
"But life is a battle: may we all be enabled to fight it well!" Charlotte Bronte
JanewayRulz! is offline  
Old April 29 2014, 01:22 PM   #6
J. Allen
[Snuggling Intensifies]
 
J. Allen's Avatar
 
Location: The Countryside
Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
When in doubt, The Good Book prevails:
Man came first.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
says no such thing. In fact, all it says on that subject is, "In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

You should re-read The Good Book.
__________________
-----------------------
💗 Visit Brony Kingdom 💗
-----------------------
J. Allen is offline  
Old April 29 2014, 02:02 PM   #7
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

Neither.
Both belong to the same species and thus arrived together.
Timelord Victorious is offline  
Old April 29 2014, 02:41 PM   #8
2takesfrakes
Commodore
 
2takesfrakes's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

J. Allen wrote: View Post
2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
When in doubt, The Good Book prevails:
Man came first.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy says no such thing. In fact, all it says on that subject is, "In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

You should re-read The Good Book.
I own all of The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy Books, including the one written by someone else, after Douglas Adam's death, what was it called? And Another Thing! In any event, as far as re-reading it would go, these books do not offer much incentive, as its humour is pretty much one-note, throughout. Every once in a while, I'll flip through it and parts of it, here and there, still get a little titter out of me, but otherwise, it's ... "meh." As far as the Bible would go, I am in the process of reading all of it, having started with "The Book of Genesis." I am up to "The Book of Ruth." So far, it's been a hell of a challenge ...
__________________
"― Come on! Kill me!! I'm here!!!"
2takesfrakes is offline  
Old April 29 2014, 02:44 PM   #9
J. Allen
[Snuggling Intensifies]
 
J. Allen's Avatar
 
Location: The Countryside
Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
When in doubt, The Good Book prevails:
Man came first.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy says no such thing. In fact, all it says on that subject is, "In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

You should re-read The Good Book.
I own all of The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy Books, including the one written by someone else, after Douglas Adam's death, what was it called? "And Another Thing!" In any event, as far asa re-reading it would go, these books do not offer much incentive, as its humour is pretty much one-note, throughout. Every once in a while, I'll flip through it and parts of it, here and there, still get a little titter out of me, but otherwise, it's ... "meh."
You are dead to me now, but I shall read on.

As far as the Bible would go, I am in the process of reading all of it, starting with "The Book of Genesis." I am up to "The Book of Ruth." So far, it's been a hell of a challenge ...
I have read the Bible dozens of times, front to back, and even in the way it was intended to be read. It doesn't get any less "buh?", though there is lots of blood, gore, incest, rape, prostitution, patricide, infanticide, genocide (a good deal of it with thumbs up from Mr. G Himself!), and straight up "I want to bone your wife" murder. So if you're into that kind of thing, you might really call it a "good" book.

I wouldn't, though.

You're much better off reading Douglas Adams.
__________________
-----------------------
💗 Visit Brony Kingdom 💗
-----------------------
J. Allen is offline  
Old April 29 2014, 02:59 PM   #10
2takesfrakes
Commodore
 
2takesfrakes's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

After I am done reading the entire "Old Testament," I will begin the process of investigating Jewish sites to see how Jews resolve these conflicting aspects of this ancient narrative. If I stop and look up everything now, as I go, I will never get through the whole thing. It is a very difficult read ... but I am confident that these issues can - and will - be resolved, satisfactorally.
__________________
"― Come on! Kill me!! I'm here!!!"
2takesfrakes is offline  
Old April 29 2014, 03:02 PM   #11
J. Allen
[Snuggling Intensifies]
 
J. Allen's Avatar
 
Location: The Countryside
Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
After I am done reading the entire "Old Testament," I will begin the process of investigating Jewish sites to see how Jews resolve these conflicting aspects of this ancient narrative. If I stop and look up everything now, as I go, I will never get through the whole thing. It is a very difficult read ... but I am confident that these issues can - and will - be resolved, satisfactorally.
Oh my, young one, you... good luck.
__________________
-----------------------
💗 Visit Brony Kingdom 💗
-----------------------
J. Allen is offline  
Old April 29 2014, 03:08 PM   #12
2takesfrakes
Commodore
 
2takesfrakes's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

J. Allen wrote: View Post
You are dead to me now ...
>>SNORT!!!<<
__________________
"― Come on! Kill me!! I'm here!!!"
2takesfrakes is offline  
Old April 29 2014, 03:11 PM   #13
HIjol
Fleet Captain
 
HIjol's Avatar
 
Location: A Circle Has No End
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

Well, When Picard (male) reached his hand into the PrimeOoze, that was the catalyst for life...but Q took him to the PrimeSpot, and we do not really know what Q is, male or female...

...ok, enough of the blaspheming...


...I think Triumphant has it right...

...and has it right!!!...and left...
__________________
"If man is to survive, he will delight in the essential differences between men and between cultures. He will learn that differences in ideas and attitudes are a part of life's exciting variety, not something to fear" Gene Roddenberry
HIjol is offline  
Old April 29 2014, 03:50 PM   #14
Avon
Fleet Captain
 
Avon's Avatar
 
Location: Intergalactic Wales
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

you know....writing....

....like this....

is.... ....rea...

...lly annoying....




....

:P
__________________

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Avon is online now  
Old April 29 2014, 04:31 PM   #15
farmkid
Commodore
 
Re: Who Came First? - Female or Male?

Dryson wrote: View Post
Humans and their ape like relatives are the only mammals on Earth where both the male and female have nipples. This is also able to be proven just by comparing other male and female species against the human and simian species of planet Earth. This would lead me to one simple evolutionary truth. That humans and simians evolved from an A-sexual ancestor that over time became two distinct genders female and male.
Nope, other mammalian males also have nipples, not just simians. There are a few that don't, like mice or horses, but most do.
USS Triumphant wrote: View Post
^ This, and it can be demonstrated, much like evolution, by watching the developmental stages that fetuses go through. All babies have gills at one point - and they all start female as default until certain hormones do their work, too.
No, babies don't have gills. They have pharyngeal arches which look kind of like gills. In mammals they develop into various muscles, bones, and other tissues, and in fish they develop into gills. But again, they're not gills they just look kind of like them.
__________________
Computers are like the God of the Old Testament: lots of rules and no mercy.
farmkid is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.