Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old November 14 2011, 12:37 AM   #601
MotoJess
Cadet

Re: ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Hey all. I'm brand new to the forum. I've been a life long fan of trek. As a little guy I watched all the re-runs of the original series. Adolescence - teen years I watched NG and DS9. I never really gave Voyager a chance somehow and completely missed Enterprise when it was out. I think it was because I turned 21 when it came out and didn't sit in front of a tv for about seven years. Anyway, on a recommendation I decided to give Enterprise a shot since it was recently uploaded on Netflix. I was hooked right away. I think I banged through all four seasons in about four weeks. In fact I think it's my favorite of all the trek series. I watched the final episode this morning. I was walking in blind. All I knew is that I was sitting down to the final episode. The words "jarring" and "cheated" only begin to express how I feel about the conclusion of the show. I think we've all been hood winked by the network on that one. It deserved sooo much better than that. The fact that some of my favorite NG characters had a part in it somehow made it all the worse. Anyway, I didn't mean to focus on the ending. I got on here to express how much I truly loved the show. Season three was especially exciting. I loved the darkness of it, impending doom around every corner. Truly great stuff!
MotoJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2011, 01:28 AM   #602
star
Vice Admiral

Welcome, MotoJess. You've come to the right place for ENT love. And yes, you've joined the masses of folks who side-eye Berman and Braga for their "valentine to the fans." (That's what they called the finale they wrote. I think most of us would have preferred a sharp poke in the eye instead.)

Jump right in, the water is spectacular with bubbles.
Old November 17 2011, 12:23 AM   #603
Arachnea
Cadet

Hi,

I'm an old (yes, old... sigh) sci-fi/Fantasy addict and I'm having a re-watch of Star Trek. I started with TOS and I'm now on Enterprise. You will soon notice that my english is sometimes (if not always ) odd. Well, not as accurate as I'd liked it to be. To my defense, my mothertongue is (swiss-)french and although I try, speaking one's mind in another language is difficult.

Hum... I've stated that I'm old and bad at writing. But, It doesn't impede me to enjoy good TV shows and movies. My preferences go where there's good characterization and good arc-plots. I don't mind having standalone episodes now and then if there's a bit of humour or a great enjoyable villain So, you won't be surprised when I state that I'm a big fan of the Whedonverse. I also enjoyed Stargate and of course, Star Trek. Well... they're all shows I grew up with.

And, I like Enterprise ! I believe the character et plots arcs would have improved had the show been given the chance to go on for more seasons. For example, if I remember well, the first seasons of TNG weren't that great. What I mean to say is: Enterprise doesn't deserve all the hate around it. It's had its good and bad moments, like all others Trek shows and even had great moments.

I also join the club about the would be Valentine atrocity
I'm in the middle of season 3 and I think I won't even bother watching TATV again.

That's all for tonight, happy to be here, I'm looking forward to meeting you on the different topics.
Arachnea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2011, 02:43 AM   #604
star
Vice Admiral

Welcome, Arachnea!
Old December 20 2011, 11:14 PM   #605
Star_Trucker
Lieutenant

Hey all!

I had thought I had joined here a long time ago, but darn this C.R.S., if I did I can't remember what name I would have used or email so I'm starting this one. I'm an old fan, been watching ST since I was born and I love all the Trek series and most of the movies. I liked ENT, but will agree that it could have started out much better in the beginning.

I live in the midwest and try to stay busy. Have an SO ( Significant Other ) and kids.

That's all I can think of for right now
Star_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2011, 12:39 AM   #606
star
Vice Admiral

Welcome, Star Trucker. Pull up a chair and enjoy a bowl of Plomeek soup.
Old January 10 2012, 09:14 PM   #607
CaptainMatt
Fleet Captain

Hi there, I have not posted in a thread like this on TBBS despite being here for nearly a month. I thought I would post a new welcome thread for myself on the ENT thread as I am fairly new to that series as a fan and am not that new with the other incrnations of Star Trek.

I am 35, live in the southern United States and am a poet. My work has been published in several local anthologies and I usually use my interests in science fiction and fantasy as inspiration for my work. I hope to meet new friends here (already got a few btw but could use more lol) and learn what made this last Trek on TV tick. I love Archer and T'Pol as well as Hoshi. I think this is about enough for this post! See you later! XD
CaptainMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2012, 09:29 PM   #608
star
Vice Admiral

Welcome, CaptainMatt! Here's a slice of pecan pie and a bowl of Plomeek soup. Enjoy your stay.
Old January 10 2012, 09:31 PM   #609
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos

Theorising that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Doctor Sam Beckett stepped into the... wait, wrong intro...

hey all lol

M
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2012, 09:32 PM   #610
CaptainMatt
Fleet Captain

Thanks Vice-Admiral Star! Hi Methos! Come to join the party? Same here!
Old January 10 2012, 10:12 PM   #611
star
Vice Admiral

*passes some pie and soup to Methos* Welcome to you, as well.

CaptainMatt -- You're welcome. Man, I feel site-old now that you mention my rank. Nearly 8 years on tbbs. Sheesh.
Old January 10 2012, 11:54 PM   #612
CaptainMatt
Fleet Captain

Well I have only been around here for a month and am already a Commander. I did not think that you had been here THAT long lol.
Thanks for the pie and the soup btw. I just bought ENT's 4th Season on DVD. I am so excited!
Old January 11 2012, 02:32 AM   #613
rabid bat
Commodore

View rabid bat's Twitter Profile

Welcome
Artist formerly known as jespah.
rabid bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2012, 06:13 PM   #614
BeautifulAndTerribleRomantic
love me and despair

Welcome to the Enterprise forum!
Old January 12 2012, 07:25 AM   #615
Admiral Shran
Admiral

star wrote: View Post
Man, I feel site-old now that you mention my rank. Nearly 8 years on tbbs. Sheesh.
I'm almost a full Admiral and I've only been here a little over two years.