Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old November 15 2005, 10:44 PM   #31
Thena
Rear Admiral

Location: Taking this graduation business seriously. No, really.
View Thena's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Thena
Re: ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Posted by Trippy:
I love Harry Potter (but the idea of a 'ship for Snape and Hermoine is kinda gross...um...isn't that pedophelia? )
Not once Hermione turns 17 and if the story is set in her post-Hogwarts years... which a lot of fic authors do to avoid the wrath of Jo Rowling and her lawyers.

Just like how Trip's death never happened because it was on the holodeck.

Posted by startraveller776:
You're not the more feminine, less butch twin of Zena the Warrior Princess?

Damn.
I was thinking more along the lines of Thena the Warrior Goddess.
Thena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2005, 03:05 PM   #32
Timofnine

I'm Tim, I'm 23 years old and from England.

I enjoy getting drunk and going on wild nights out amongst other things that my mother would not approve of.

I used to be a massive Enterprise fan but since the series ended I've kind of left it behind, it doesn't quite have the same lasting appeal as the previous Star Trek shows in my opinion. I didn't even bother watching the last few episodes of the series! I'm giving it a few years before I watch the series again - by which time the DVD box sets will be priced a bit better and hopefully the series will be a bit more fresher.

Anyway, I'm still moderating this forum, don't know how I lasted so long!
Old November 17 2005, 02:19 AM   #33
Tim
Vice Admiral

Posted by Randy1012:
I'm also a big baseball and American football fan, my favorite teams being the Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots (big surprise ).
Represent!
Old November 17 2005, 03:31 AM   #34
star
Vice Admiral

Posted by Tim M:
Posted by Randy1012:
I'm also a big baseball and American football fan, my favorite teams being the Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots (big surprise ).
Represent!
How'd I miss that?

I too love American Football. I'm a 49ers fan, since a guy I dated in high school introduced me to the subtle complexities of the sport and ingrained in me the love of red and gold.

But I do root for the Patriots as well, just not with the same ardor that I do for the 49ers.
Old November 17 2005, 05:27 AM   #35
Jenna
Vice Admiral

Jenna is my real name. It's in every handle I have, except my Livejournal.
Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2005, 05:29 AM   #36

Peeking out from under my lurker rock to say "Hey!". I'm Kristie,a 30-something mom of two who has been a Trek fan since I was still in the single digits.The hubby is a Trek fan too, so we're indoctrinating the kiddies now and they love it (especially my 11 yr old son!). I was pretty psyched when Enterprise first aired but for one reason and another I never made it through the first half of season 1 and only really "re-discovered" it once it had been cancelled. I'm almost glad I wasn't watching it while it was airing though, because having it cancelled the way it was would have really infuriated me!

At least it'll live forever in fanfic!**sniffle**
Old November 20 2005, 11:25 PM   #37
Thena
Rear Admiral

Location: Taking this graduation business seriously. No, really.
View Thena's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Thena

Posted by Illiriahrising:
I'm almost glad I wasn't watching it while it was airing though, because having it cancelled the way it was would have really infuriated me!
As someone who became a fan at the start of season 4 and lived through that cancellation nightmare, I can tell you that it wasn't pleasant.

In the hysteria leading up to the announcement, when we believed that it could go either way, I got so overwhelmed that I opted to go on vacation to Las Vegas to get away from constantly checking TrekBBS for rumors. Oh, and that little matter of losing my job right after Christmas had something to do with it as well. And I was good. I didn't check TrekBBS at all. What I did not count on was checking my friends list on Livejournal and seeing "CANCELLED!!! CANCELLED!!! CANCELLED!!!" three days into my trip.
Thena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2005, 04:50 PM   #38
The Sneeze Police
Captain

Hi everyone. I have lurked here now for some time now. I hail from Texas and currently reside in Virginia. TOS and Neil Armstrong landing on the moon are among my early TV memories, and I am sorry to say I have memories of both when they were originally aired. I love both TOS and TNG, although VOY and DS9 never caught my fancy. My first and second episodes of ENT were “Fight or Flight” and “Marauders”, but it wasn’t until “The Expanse” that I got hooked. I managed to get my husband to religiously watch ENT by midway in the third season, and he will rarely watch anything with commercials.

I love Scott Bakula’s portrayal of Captain Archer in the third season, and he nearly broke my heart in Similitude. My favorite characters are Trip because he loves the Enterprise the way Scotty did in TOS, and Phlox because he portrays a nearly perfect physician.

I rarely talk about Trek to anyone, and I am heartbroken that ENT ended so soon, but I am glad that that you all are here to share your love (and even distaste sometimes) of ENT.
The Sneeze Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2005, 05:01 PM   #39
Jedikatie
Rear Admiral

Hi ELK! Welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Trip's Not Dead avs and the Donkey Kong Chronicles

Connor (at Vulkon): Everybody hug me!!!

Day of the Dove
Jedikatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2005, 06:05 PM   #40
Skywalker
Admiral

ELK, where in Virginia do you live? I spent three years in Chesapeake, and I hated it there.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2005, 06:26 PM   #41
The Sneeze Police
Captain

Thanks for the welcome.

I live in Newport News currently, which depending on traffic is ~1 to 6 hours from Chesapeake. I have also lived in Lynchburg & Richmond.

I grew up in Lubbock & Dallas and I have periodically resided in Galveston. TOS & the moonshot originally aired when I lived in Dallas.

I first saw "The Expanse", the episode that hooked me on ENT, when I was visiting my brother who still lives in Texas.
The Sneeze Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2005, 07:27 PM   #42
Reepeep Boltightener
Lieutenant Commander

Location: Eating Crazy beef while marrying gays and drinking steeped tea!

My name is Drew. I am 28 years old (tomorrow, Nov 27) and I have been a trek fan since i was 6 or so back in the early eighties. I've watched all modern trek and movies 4-10 in first run.

I recently purchased/burned all 28 seasons and i am watching them in order (as close as I can get them too being in order) with my non-trekkie wife who will probably be a trekkie by the time this is all done.

My favourites rank DS9/ENT/TOS/TNG/VOY although my favourite character of all Trek is Trip. Who's isn't Trip?

This was the forum i visited most regularly when enterprise was still on the air (which is when i first started visiting), however now i visit it as regularly as i visit the other 4 shows forum's.

We're on Enterprise season 4 in a viewing project (watching 28 seasons of star trek in a row is a project)

I'm also a game master in a star trek RPG with my friends in which our group almost stole the NX-02 a few weeks ago, but i guess they dpon't have big ambitions since they only got away with a shuttlepod

I ain't mad at cha!
Reepeep Boltightener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2005, 12:04 AM   #43
star
Vice Admiral

Welcome to ELK and Reepeep Boltightener!

Always nice to see fresh faces in this forum.

Please post lots and don't be frightened by the weirdness here. As one of the purveyors of such strange humor, just remember that it's only white evil (like my sig)... harmless if a little twisted!

Old November 28 2005, 07:38 AM   #44
Dr. Nick
Lieutenant Commander

Howdy all!

While I enjoyed watching Enterprise and was sad to see it end, a few things about it bugged me.

+ What would it have been like if Berman/Braga had had nothing to do with the show?

+ Time travel was used way too much in my opinion. I know the whole "temporal cold war" was a big plot point, but that itself is a flaw I think. Time travel should be used sparingly in sci-fi (unless it's the entire basis of the shows I suppose). By using it to get out of otherwise tough situations and "fix" previous problems introduces way too much Deus ex machina. As an example, I thought the TNG finale used timetravel pretty well. The episodes were based around time travel, but it wasn't used to fix problems or advance the plot. It was more like the plot was advanced by the characters (Picard and Q) and timetravel was along for the ride.

+ The finale. Enough said.

Anyway, don't mean to nitpick. Does anyone else think anything about those things?
Old November 28 2005, 08:07 PM   #45
TJinLOCA
Rear Admiral

Posted by Illiriahrising:
Peeking out from under my lurker rock to say "Hey!". I'm Kristie,a 30-something mom of two who has been a Trek fan since I was still in the single digits.The hubby is a Trek fan too, so we're indoctrinating the kiddies now and they love it (especially my 11 yr old son!).
Hi illiriahrising! Keep up that good work. My hubby & I are Trek fans too ... and two of my three kids like Enterprise, so I guess I'm only 66.7% effective as a parent! They're all SF/fantasy/comic fans, though, and our favorite family vacations involve conventions. I actually met my husband at a con (SF filk music)... and my brother met his wife at a ST con. We can honestly say that our children owe their lives to Star Trek (and filk).

Welcome to ELK and Reepeep Boltightener too! ELK, I used to help run Trek cons in Virginia, many many years ago. And Reepeep, you won't find any shortage of fellow Trip fans here! Check out the Trip thread (started by yours truly) if you haven't already.

And hi to Dr. Nick! You have some really good discussion points there. You should start a new thread ... a lot more people would find and respond to a separate topic posting (and you wouldn't hijack the "Welcome" thread with a serious discussion ... )