Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old February 24 2010, 12:23 AM   #421
kitamurafan
Lieutenant Junior Grade

View kitamurafan's Twitter Profile
Re: ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Thanks for the greeting, HopefulRomantic. I am a big fan of the show Enterprise. Don't hold your breath on the fanfic, at the snail's pace I write screenplays it will be a while. It's set in the post-Nemesis era, using my own characters. I've never written a Star Trek fanfic using the show's characters. FYI, my favorite ENT characters are Archer and Hoshi.
kitamurafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2010, 02:24 AM   #422
HolidayRomantic
Phloxist moderator

^^ I write at a "thoughtful pace" myself. Take your time and have fun with it.
Old March 10 2010, 06:38 AM   #423
Joeman
Captain

I grew up liking TOS, but was never fanatical about it. I came to appreciate it a bit more with the reruns in the '80s. I was very skeptical when TNG was announced, but was sold on it early on, which amazes me now, as most season 1 eps are quite bad. I did watch the show religously through all 7 seasons.

When TNG ended , I totally rejected DS9. With no starship flying around, I just assumed it would suck. I also ignored Voyager, and then Enterprise. Fairly recently however, I caught a couple of really good episodes of Voyager on either SciFi or Spike (one I recall being Course:Oblivion). I ended up Netflixxing season 1, loving it, then buying the entire series on DVD.

That left me hungry for more. I did the same thing with DS9, and now own the DVD's. Then the same with Enterprise, with this being the series I considered the "franchise killer". Ironic that it ended up being my favorite Trek series.

Over the last year or so, I watched every episode of the 4 modern series, rating each ep on a scale of 1-10. I did this to determine the best season, and the best series. I had no one in my life that was into and would talk Trek with me, so this was also a way to entertain myself. I was surprised at the results, as the finishing order was:

1. Enterprise (season 3 also scored as best season of all the series)
2. DS9
3. Voyager
4. TNG

TOS seemed pretty dated to me the last time I tried to watch it, but I am going to give it another shot soon so I can rate the episodes of that as well.

Anyway, that's where I stand. I was searching today for something Trek related and stumbled across these forums. I was pretty thrilled to find a place where not only I can talk about Trek, but even more importantly read what other people think about it. I thought I was fairly knowledgeable in my own little world, but after just a short time reading around here, it's obvious that I don't know squat! I expect to be around here for quite awhile.

Sorry that this is a bit long of an "introduction", but you could have easily moved on way before you reached this point.
Joeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2010, 11:18 AM   #424
Mama Claus
Captain

Welcome aboard Joeman! ENT is my favorite too, but I refused to watch it for the longest time because I thought I wouldn't like it.
Old March 10 2010, 08:23 PM   #425
Joeman
Captain

Thanks for the welcome maneth. Amazing to me that even with that confusing, unsatisfying temporal cold war story arc, that it still managed to out-muscle DS9. That says a lot about how strong the story lines were, and how consistent. See you around!
Joeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2010, 12:11 AM   #426
Lord Prancer The 5th
Rear Admiral

Location: Mach5 doesn't like sand. It's coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

Joeman wrote: View Post
Amazing to me that even with that confusing, unsatisfying temporal cold war story arc, that it still managed to out-muscle DS9.
I'm sorry... What?
Old March 17 2010, 06:23 AM   #427
HolidayRomantic
Phloxist moderator

Welcome to the Enterprise forum, Joeman.

Joeman wrote: View Post
I was searching today for something Trek related and stumbled across these forums. I was pretty thrilled to find a place where not only I can talk about Trek, but even more importantly read what other people think about it. I thought I was fairly knowledgeable in my own little world, but after just a short time reading around here, it's obvious that I don't know squat! I expect to be around here for quite awhile.
It's great when new fans share their opinions and thoughts. It gives everyone, including us veterans a chance to revisit the show and see things from different perspectives.
Old March 29 2010, 12:29 AM   #428
TiberiusMaximus
Fleet Captain

Location: A ship, a living ship, full of strange alien lifeforms.

Hi everybody. I'm Tiberius. I've just about always loved Trek, my first introduction to it being reruns of TNG. Ironically, TNG is one of only two Trek series I haven't watched all of, the other being TOS.
ENT isn't my favorite, but it's a close second to TNG and DS9 in my humble opinion. I enjoyed the Xindi arc and wish the TCW was more fleshed out, and I'm part of the relatively small group who didn't enjoy the relationship between Trip and T'Pol, in my opinion it was forced and unnecessary. I've written some ENT fanfic, check it out here if you'd like. My favorite characters are Trip, Archer, and Hoshi but I like the rest of the crew too.
"Quite possibly, the five Jem'Hadar could turn Data into a collection of four spasming limbs, one helpless torso, and one head that shouts insults at them like the Black Knight from the Monty Python sketch." -Timo Saloniemi
TiberiusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2010, 05:59 AM   #429
Tyjos Azari
Lieutenant Commander

I like Enterprise as well.

I recently got the series on DVD and it will be added to part of this Trek Marathon I'm watching.

I love the first 2 Seasons of Enterprise. And the Last season was pretty good.
Tyjos Azari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2010, 06:38 PM   #430
HolidayRomantic
Phloxist moderator

Welcome to the Enterprise forum!
Old April 10 2010, 07:03 PM   #431
Charles Tucker
Ensign

New to here and Trek in general. I was introduced to Enterprise by one of my best friends. It is my favorite of all series because I absolutely love all the characters and actors that play them, even Travis.

I am also a Harry Potter fan-boy. I'm in a post-hardcore band called Do Not Resuscitate.
Charles Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2010, 08:02 PM   #432
Lord Prancer The 5th
Rear Admiral

Location: Mach5 doesn't like sand. It's coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

Hi there, Charles Tucker! You're a Tuckerite, I take it?

Ah well, aren't we all... Welcome!
Old April 10 2010, 08:41 PM   #433
startrekrcks
Fleet Captain

View startrekrcks's Twitter Profile

Hi nice to have you onboard and to geek out with fellow trekkies.
startrekrcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2010, 11:37 PM   #434
Charles Tucker
Ensign

Thank you very much. And I love Trip I cried when I watched TATV even though Im a male. I'm a big baby, I get emotional about Star Trek and Harry Potter.
Charles Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2010, 06:07 AM   #435
star
Vice Admiral

I cried watching TaTV too... but more tears of utter frustration and betrayal. Similitude is a better "Trip Dies" (sorta) episode. Anyway, welcome to the fold, my friend. No better place to be in the Trekverse.