TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old May 25 2009, 10:29 AM   #376
smosquito
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Enterprise was the show with the most promise. But the least inspired writing. It could have done the business. But it didn't.

I wish there could have a second crack at a prequel. It was a great idea. The founding of the Federation. The beginning of Starfleet. The fundaments of nonagression and peace yet with the ability to fight and win as a way of life.

The opportunity will never come again; at least not with the same actors (who were brilliant).
smosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2009, 12:52 AM   #377
robtclements
Lieutenant

View robtclements's Twitter Profile

More a Niner than a true Trekker, though i was bought up on TOS (& watched the shows on 16mm in the old ANZAC House theatrette in Sydney). I came to Enterprise late & somewhat reluctantly (to me, it can either be very good or very, very bad), largely because i've adored Jeffrey Combs for as almost as long as i've watched ST. Studied avant-garde art & support kiva.org (
www.kiva.org/lender/robtclements ), not necessarily in that order. Travelled to the Middle kingdom (PRChina) 3 times. I guess that about wraps me up
robtclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2009, 05:44 AM   #378
HolidayRomantic
Phloxist moderator

Welcome to the ENT forum.
Old June 1 2009, 07:21 PM   #379
Middleman
Captain

View Middleman's Twitter Profile

I recently realized that I have been posting here for a few months now and I haven’t introduced my self. It’s just like me to do something like that. Please don’t take my straight forward “New York City” style for being rude and nasty; I’m really a nice guy. On the internet, I go by the name “The Middleman” where possible; It was my old CB Radio handle from the early 80's.

I consider my self a born again Star Trek fan. Like many here, I grew up on the original series, mostly in reruns, although I was about 9 years old when it first aired and I remember watching it. I also remember my brothers and I making Star Ships out of toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, Paper plates and ice cream sticks. I was excited when the movies came out in the late 70’s and saw them all. I started watching TNG when it came out but gave up on it sometime during the third season mostly because it bored me and I was focusing on my career and starting a family. That began a 17 year absence from Star Trek (on TV, I still saw the movies).

I "found" Enterprise in October 2007 on the Sci-Fi channel while looking for something decent to watch. Between the writer’s strike at the time and the proliferation of “Reality TV”, I was driven to seek out alternatives. Sci-Fi was showing Season 3 at the time and it didn't take me long to become addicted to the series. Not only did I become a fan of the series but a fan of Trip & T’Pol’s relationship, which really surprised me because I have never, ever been drawn to a fictional romance before. I went out and purchased the DVD's of all 4 seasons as a Christmas present to myself and, along with my daughter (16 at the time), worked my way through the series, in order. My daughter joined me in my new Trek addiction and is now a devoted fan of Enterprise as well as all the movies. This is another reason I'm extremely grateful for finding Enterprise, it's something my daughter and I now have in common and something we can do together for a long time to come. She and I are going to see Connor at the NJ Trek Convention in July.

In the real life world, I was born, raised and (unfortunately) educated in New York City (Manhattan and The Bronx). I now live in a northern suburb of New York City. I’m married with 2 children and, career wise; I’m a financial professional specializing in helping foreign companies operate their businesses in the US. Currently I work for a large Japanese consumer electronics company running their accounting operations in North and South America.
Old June 7 2009, 04:56 AM   #380
notgod
Cadet

Send a message via AIM to notgod

Hi everyone!

My name is Mary, I'm 21, and I live near Charlotte, NC. Basically, I like Star Trek Enterprise and Star Trek Enterprise. Malcolm, Trip, and Archer are my favourite characters, with Malcolm and Trip tying for first. (Shh, don't tell the friend that got me into Enterprise that.)

The next most tolerable Trek is Next Gen, and I haven't really seen much of TOS or Deep Space Nine, and that doesn't bother me much.

I joined the board to spazz over Enterprise and the new movie with you all and hopefully learn a lot (for my fic writing). :]
notgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 06:41 PM   #381
HolidayRomantic
Phloxist moderator

notgod wrote: View Post
I joined the board to spazz over Enterprise and the new movie with you all
LOL! I love the enthusiasm, notgod. You've come to the right place. Enjoy yourself here.
Old July 27 2009, 12:23 PM   #382
Ex Astra
Cadet

Hi everyone,
I really like it here so I decided to jump in the pool. I'm a big Star Trek fan and I appreciate all series but my special favourite is Ent. In private life I'm a philologist and historian. I'm excited to get to know you all.
Ex Astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2009, 05:32 PM   #383
HolidayRomantic
Phloxist moderator

Welcome to the forum, Ex Astra. Enjoy!
Old July 29 2009, 11:19 PM   #384
seigezunt
Vice Admiral

Location: Splashing on some Tiberius before a night on the town

Ooops, forgot to check in here.

Longtime TOS fan, stopped watching Trek after the premiere of Voyager. Got back through fiction (Crucible:McCoy) and now watching Enterprise because of a) the drop in dvd price and b) references to Enterprise in the book "Ex Machina."
I am constantly surprised by the close-mindedness of some fans...this means change as well as a positive attitude. Without those things, how can we ever achieve that Trek future we enjoyed so much on TV? --Bjo Trimble
seigezunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2 2009, 02:09 PM   #385
Oryx
Lieutenant Junior Grade

seigezunt wrote: View Post
Ooops, forgot to check in here.
Ditto. *hangs head shamefully*

Hi! I'm currently in the process of watching Enterprise in its entirety on DVD rather than in scattered chunks on television and the internet; figured I'd make my presence known, as I've already posted a couple times in the mysterious land of the Ent board.

Er... but 'ello. You may call me Oryx; I'm 18, female, in love with Worf (don't judge me!) and you might say I'm a 2009 convert to the Trekkieverse, along with half the other people in my generation ('tis true--everyone else has yet to embrace it, however)!
Oryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2009, 07:17 AM   #386
HolidayRomantic
Phloxist moderator

Aw, no need to get embarrassed, kids. We're glad to have you here! Keep posting and have fun.
Old August 8 2009, 11:02 PM   #387
TheOriginalGuru
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Time to introduce myself. I'm Mark, just turned 30, and I hail from Dudley in the West Midlands - the UK for those who don't know where that is. I'm engaged to be married -- to a fellow Trekkie...funny story how we got together, but I'll tag that on at the end of this message...

Been a fan of the Trek for a long time now. Never been on a Trek forum before (well, one, but it was a bit rubbish, to be fair!). Known about the Trek BBS for ages now, but never signed up. Big fan of DS9, and TNG ever since I was a kid growing up in Australia. Got into Voyager in the 90's, that said, I didn't really get into Enterprise until the show was over, to tell the truth...

...It wasn't that I didn't like it...because, quite frankly, I think the show was awesome, but the other guys here in the UK can tell you, viewing times were a bit pants. It was on Sky One, and unfortunetly, we didn't spring the cash for cable TV for ages, and then it was on Channel 4, but it was on at an awkward time for me, due to other commitments. Really, I waited until the DVD's came out a couple of years ago, and bought them all in one go...and pretty much watched them back-to-back. AND I WAS HOOKED FROM THERE...love the show.

How my other half and I got together...We were at an autograph signing a couple back in 2006, waiting in the queue for Jonathon Frakes. She was the person in front of me, and I was waiting behind her, and she was taking forever to go out of the queue - she ended up having a full blown conversation with both Frakes and LeVar Burton...and they propositioned her for a threesome...jokingly, obviously. Anyway, I'm a Star Wars costumer - Stormtrooper - and I did an event in Liverpool a couple of months later. She was at the event, as a member of the group I was in, and I didn't know it, and I met her, and I asked her, "I've met you before, haven't I? Weren't you at Collectamania, last September?" She said she was, and I said, "I knew that was you! You were the person in front of me who got her photo with Jonathon Frakes and LeVar Burton!", and we started dating a couple of months later...

Anyway, that's pretty much me in a brief nutshell...or case, more truthfully.
Old August 9 2009, 08:40 PM   #388
HolidayRomantic
Phloxist moderator

Welcome, OriginalGuru! I adore the story about how you and your beloved got together.

Watching Enterprise on UPN here in the Colonies was no better than you had it. The show was constantly preempted for local sporting events, and the network (I use that term facetiously) hardly ever advertised.

I saw the first three seasons all at once, before Season 4 began here. Being immersed in it gave me a good appreciation for the characters' development and the overall progression of the show.

Glad to have you here at TrekBBS. Enjoy!
Old August 16 2009, 01:35 PM   #389
TheOriginalGuru
Lieutenant Junior Grade

HopefulRomantic wrote: View Post
Welcome, OriginalGuru! I adore the story about how you and your beloved got together.
You'll love this, then. Our first date, we met Patrick Stewart. The day I proposed to her (well, the first time, as it was on a whim), was at an autograph signing where Marina Sirtis and Brent Spiner were at, and at DragonCon next month, will be our two year anniversary, where Patrick Stewart is at again.

We're thinking of inviting Marina to our wedding, as my other half actually knows her from both the con-circuit, and professionally. She has worked with Marina in the past on television, and at conventions, they're always bumping into each other, and catching up...

...Hey, it can't hurt to ask!

How many fans can say they actually had one of the stars at their wedding?!?
Old September 30 2009, 08:04 PM   #390
Cmdr Data
Ensign

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cmdr Data

Hey all

I'm afcorse new to this forum. My real name is Ivan and I' live in Croatia. Dont let my nick decive you. I'm big fan of Enterprise, its the best ST show for me. My english maybe isnt so good but I' think we will understand each others...

So one more greetings to all...=)