Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old December 30 2005, 02:22 AM   #121
Rikerbabe
Commodore

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

How's the writing going, kEROTH ??? I'm anxiously awaiting a sequel! :thumbsup:
Rikerbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30 2005, 05:10 AM   #122
jkladis

Posted by Kestra:
Posted by jkladis:
Hi, I'm 29 years old from the Chicago, IL area.

Hey, me too! Nice to see meet another Trek fan from the area.

Missed this earlier. Glad to have you here, neighbor.

There's actually a few of us in the Chicago area. We do meet-ups periodically, too. I'll let you know when the next one is coming up if you're interested.
jkladis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30 2005, 05:06 PM   #123
kEROTH
Lieutenant

Working on it, working on it. I was hoping to get it started on Christmas Day, but I wound up cooking all day. However, my husband's white counts are too low to go partying this weekend, so maybe...?

And of course I'm interested in metting up! Let em know when something's planned, please!
kEROTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2005, 01:21 AM   #124
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Posted by jkladis:
There's actually a few of us in the Chicago area. We do meet-ups periodically, too. I'll let you know when the next one is coming up if you're interested.
To be honest, I don't really know any of the posters around here yet, and I'm not sure I'd be ready for a meetup, but I appreciate your thoughtfulness in including me. If you get the chance, let me know when the next one is (or where to look for announcements). Maybe I'll be a regular poster around here by then.
Old December 31 2005, 03:28 AM   #125
ski
Lieutenant Commander

Newby here, glad to be here and able to participate in your forum, I'm an Army Instructor down here in Missouri but I do frequent Chicago, I saw quite a few members from CHI town. I enjoy TNG as it's what I grew up with, also an avid Voyager fan but not DS9 Look forward to the discussions.

www.spaces.msn.com/members/ski87/
ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2005, 05:21 AM   #126
Gaseous Anomaly
Wacked out trippin dude™

Welcome newbies, hope you enjoy the TNG Fourm.

Gaseous Anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2006, 05:44 AM   #127
outriderx
Lieutenant Commander

Posted by jkladis:

jkladis - how's it? we met in Vega$ this year. Where is everyone? I start posting a little here and there and I don't see Buster or Leaf anyplace.
outriderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2006, 01:16 PM   #128
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Captain

Hi folks, i usually frequent the 'general Trek' forum

My name is Mark Smith and i'm involved in fundraising and PR for an Urban Arts centre in Liverpool - England. I write allot in my spare time and have a journalism background

Besides Trek i like the Sopranos and the shield, as well as retro classics like Transformers Knite Rider, the A team etc...
I love Liverpool Football (soccer) Club too cahmpions of Europe!

I love TNG and its a toss-up between that and DS9 for me, although i have to admit if someone offered to make me a new season of either show - i'd choose TNG

I loved the Trek movies and remember seeing TSFS at the cinema, TWOK was also played nearly every day even when i was a kid.

I remember getting some action figures of Picard, Worf, and La Forge back in 89, and my interest was peaked, I then started following it religiously and still have the DVD's (although not all of them which saddens me!)
Old January 11 2006, 05:25 AM   #129
jkladis

Posted by outriderx:
Posted by jkladis:

jkladis - how's it? we met in Vega$ this year. Where is everyone? I start posting a little here and there and I don't see Buster or Leaf anyplace.
Vircon thread died off, but I'm sure there will be another one in the near future. We're all still here. :thumbsup:

How ya doing?
jkladis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13 2006, 12:31 AM   #130
rac76
Captain

Just wanted to drop in and say "hi". I been watching TNG what seems like forever. I don't remember when I began watching, I think would have been around the 3rd season, but I'm not positive. I do remember watching and taping (still have the tape!) of "All Good Things" and shedding a few tears. Enjoyed watching the movies and seeing everybody on the big screen.

Favorite episodes are "Elementary, Dear Data" and "Ship in a Bottle" I just love those two episodes. Watch the repeats on Spike and now on G4.

I'm also a fan of Voyager, so you can catch me hanging around there, too.

Just a quick bio: I'm almost 30 (can't believe that 30 years have gone by so fast-I've been wondering where they disappeared), I live in the northeast Georgia, and I'm a girl.
Old January 13 2006, 12:58 AM   #131
VR4
Ensign

Hey all, I'm a new member around here. I'm 22 and can't remember exactly when I got into TNG but it was probably half way through it's run. I was hooked from that point forward. After TNG ended (which was a devastating event in my childhood), I got into Voyager.

I never cared for DS9 but now that I can quote just about every episode of TNG, I find myself really enjoying DS9 since it's all new to me. I'm saving up some cash for the DVDs right now

Anyway, Picard is definitely my favorite character but Data, Worf, and Riker are all up there. Unlike a lot of people, I don't really care for the Borg episodes, mainly cause they stress me out so much... haha That's about it, see all of you around the forum
VR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13 2006, 04:30 PM   #132
outriderx
Lieutenant Commander

Posted by jkladis:
Vircon thread died off, but I'm sure there will be another one in the near future. We're all still here. :thumbsup:

How ya doing?
Good to hear, hope everyone is doing well! Just trying to be active on the BBS, hard to do with all of life's moments (and all my other intrests!)
outriderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13 2006, 04:49 PM   #133
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

Hey newbies, it's been a while since I checked into this thread, so I figured I'd say hi.

For those of you who I haven't run into yet, I'm 26 (as of next week actually), male, and live in Vermont (quite possibly the only Green Mtn Boy on the BBS). In my spare time, when I'm not posting in TNG, Movies, Misc., Stargate, and the occasional Star Wars thread - I work as a civil/environmental engineer.
SmoothieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2006, 01:25 AM   #134
Whoa Nellie
Fleet Captain

Posted by ch'Rihan:
My favorite recurring character was Vash, I love smart mouthed women .
It's been awhile since I checked this thread. I was thrilled to see another Vash fan! Yea!!! :thumbsup: I love the Vash character. She's just way too cool!

Welcome to the board, ch'Rihan.

Warmest Wishes,
Whoa Nellie
Old January 19 2006, 09:58 AM   #135
Udat
Rear Admiral

Boy do I love these threads.

We get to speak about ourselves and I love talking about me. But enough about me, lets get back to me....

TNG was where it all started for me, and I always view it as the birth place of modern trek. My only regret is I don`t own any seasons on Dvds....