Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old July 3 2013, 02:46 AM   #841
terpette
Commander

View terpette's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to terpette
Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

TNG will always be my favorite Trek. It inspired me to become an aerospace engineer. I really enjoyed the "anything is possible" technology, and the hopeful tone of the show. Data (and Spot) was my favorite character, and being a teen I did have a crush on Wesley Crusher (no pun intended).

Rewatching as an adult, I appreciate the episodes even more. I want to pick up the blu-ray sets, once we get us a blu-ray player.
Old July 11 2013, 03:48 PM   #842
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon

^Do it. You won't be disappointed!
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2013, 06:24 PM   #843
Jayne Cobb
Cadet

I stumbled across this site the other night while at work and decided to join.
So hello...I joined your site.

I think Chief O'Brien is my favorite TNG character. When he tells the Cardassian "It's not you I hate, Cardassian. I hate what I became because of you."
Good stuff. But I haven't seen much DS9. That's next on my shopping list I guess.

Anyhow...Greetings from Alabama.
Jayne Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2013, 06:26 PM   #844
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon

Welcome aboard!

O'Brien really is a great Character. I was sad to see him leave TNG but happy that he went on to get more screen time and development on DS9.
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 06:47 PM   #845
Chensams
Vice Admiral

Jayne Cobb wrote: View Post
I stumbled across this site the other night while at work and decided to join.
So hello...I joined your site.

I think Chief O'Brien is my favorite TNG character. When he tells the Cardassian "It's not you I hate, Cardassian. I hate what I became because of you."
Good stuff. But I haven't seen much DS9. That's next on my shopping list I guess.

Anyhow...Greetings from Alabama.
I loved the Chief as well and was glad he went to DS9 for some more screen time (although he was missing from a bunch of the episodes).
Old August 13 2013, 10:32 PM   #846
Captain_Q
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hello there! I'm 21 years old and I'm pretty sure I've been a fan since I was born. My dad and godfather are big fans so they're the ones who got me started. My godfather has every episode of TNG on collector's edition vhs. Ha ha, good old vhs tapes! I borrowed those tapes whenever I could. Everyone is probably going to hate on me when I say that my favorite movie is Insurrection, as everyone else seems to hate it. Well I'll proudly announce it as my fave. Tada. I really don't like Nemesis. Mainly for the fact that Data dies. B4 doesn't really count as a replacement. The Enterprise D is my favorite ship, I cried in Generations when she was destroyed, I'm pathetic I know, but that was the ship I grew up with! If I could captain any starship that would be the one. My favorite "villain" has always been Q, and I don't really see him as a villain, more of a mischievous little imp who just wants to have some fun. My friends nicknamed me captain a few years ago and it stuck. Anyway I was stop rattling on now and just say I love this series! I can't wait to talk about this amazing show!
Old November 9 2013, 12:16 PM   #847
2takesfrakes
Commodore

Hello, everyone - and no, I am not Jonathan Frakes. Nor have I ever met him. I am, however, an Artisan, a devout Roman Catholic, a Romantic at heart, and a fan of the best damn STAR TREK series ever made: The Next Generation.

Despite the coup de grâce that is NEMESIS, I am also a huge fan of the TNG movies. INSURRECTION is given a lot of flak by the fanbase, it seems, but I find it to be entertaining popcorn fare. Frakes certainly did not let the cast down in the STAR TREK movies he's directed - they look great and are entertaining to watch. And Frakes delivered one of the biggest blockbusters the entire franchise has ever known, until the reboot came along: FIRST CONTACT! So, in tribute to a fine director, solid actor and surprisingly relatable STAR TREK personality, I have taken on his real life knickname, in posting with you good people. I enjoy all of the series to varying degrees, but The Next Generation is Gene Roddenberry's pièce de résistance - and my personal favourite!
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2013, 03:26 AM   #848
Phanton
Lieutenant Junior Grade

A lifelong Trekkie I like to watch all flavours of Trek but would say TNG is the one I like the most.

I have the 'entire collection' except for TAS as too much like watching scooby doo imho.
Old December 20 2013, 01:35 AM   #849
cincygal
Rear Admiral

Hi,

I'm 55yrs old, and I was (and still am) one of the die hards of ST:TOS. I grew up with ST:TOS, and saw the show when it originally aired, and the 3rd season when it was on past my bedtime, I snuck downstairs to the TV room and covered it with a blanket so I could watch without the light leaked out.

So, when they announced ST:TNG, I was one of the ones that who thought that nothing could compare to the original series.

After a slow start at the beginning, I really warmed up to th show, and I am so glad I was wrong about ST:TNG. There are so many things I liked, no loved about the show, and it's really hard to pick one charactor I loved more than any other. They were all so well crafted, that I have to say I loved them all, but if I was forced to pick one, it would have to be Barclay. He was so smart, so good at what he did, but it was so hard for him to communicate with other people, which is something that I can relate to. Once he had a crew who could actually believe in him, make allowances for his lack of interpersonal skills (Personally, I trully believe that Barklay is an Aspey, someone who (like me) has Asperger's syndrome) we all seen that Barlay really excelled and soared to newer heights in his profession.

In closing, ST:TOS will always be my first love (and in ST:TOS I loved Spock the best), but I have to say that if it's possible to have TWO loves, then ST:TNG is right there.
Old January 1 2014, 03:17 PM   #850
just.a.trekkie
Ensign

Hi!
I'm a teenage girl who got interested in Star Trek about a year ago. Since then I've watched TNG, DS9, and some of VOY. I've been reading the TrekBBS for a while now, but I just recently made an account. My favorite characters would have to be....II take it back. I could never decide.
just.a.trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2014, 10:00 PM   #851
Ender9
Cadet

Hi,

I'm a big fan of Star Trek, in particular TNG and VOY. Data's certainly my favourite character!
Ender9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2014, 08:47 PM   #852
ScareQ
Admiral

Hi, my name's Dave and I'm a TNG fan (Hi, Dave!). It's been 8 weeks since my last....

Hmm, I think I'm getting my meetings confused.

Right around 12-13 years old back in the late 80s/early 90s ,I had a little 3" or so B&W television than I would sneak under the covers after bedtime and pick up the weeknight 10:35 local FOX broadcast reruns of TNG.

My favorite episode when I was little was "The Royale". Of course, this was when I was too young to know the episode was crap, but I was a space enthusiast and it started with what looked a lot like a space shuttle piece, so I thought it was cool.

What a great opening, and they turned it into an offship holodeck ep.

ThankQ
ScareQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2014, 03:52 AM   #853
RapidoTrains
Ensign

When I was in high school back in the late 1980s and early 1990s, TNG was on twice a night. It was on a Buffalo station at 1800 and on a Toronto station at 1900.

My entire high school class watched both those episodes every night. When new episodes were on, nobody picked up the phone.

Needless to say, I've been a huge TNG fan since 1987.

But only recently have I realized that I'm a fan. Sure I've read most of the novels and watched all the episodes, but I don't collect Trek stuff. Well, I didn't.... until the reproduction TNG communicator was released last year.

I don't know what came over me - from the communicator came T-shirts. And from the T-shirts came a Sisko cosplay costume. (I'm a huge 24th-century fan in general.)

I'm hooked. I'm now rewatching all of TNG for the first time since the 1990s. When you haven't seen the episodes in almost 25 years it's like watching them for the first time.

-Jason
RapidoTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2014, 04:08 AM   #854
Enterprise1701
Fleet Captain

Hi. I just joined the Trek BBS a few days ago. Out of all the Star Trek TV series, The Next Generation is my overall favorite. Its characters are unquestionably the greatest in the entire Star Trek franchise.
Enterprise1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2014, 11:14 PM   #855
amysully
Ensign

View amysully's Twitter Profile

TNG is THE BEST show ever. I watched every episode when they aired and recorded them on the VCR. Then I watched them all week. Obsessed (I was 12 to 19 at the time) is an understatement. I now get to watch on Netflix. Yea! I love all the TNG characters, but I'm a big Riker/Troi fan. I got to see the cast (minus Patrick) in Kansas City recently. Of course I got a pic with Jonathan, Marina and Michael because I couldn't afford everybody. I also talked with and got autographs from Marina and Jonathan, and they were awesome.
amysully is offline   Reply With Quote