Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old August 1 2012, 10:38 AM   #766
Louigi Verona
Ensign

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Hey!
My name is Louigi Verona, I am from Russia.
I grew up to ST TNG. I love ST, I collect Pocket book series.
My favs are TNG and DS9. I like ST TOS and ST VOY. Have not watched ENT (and do not plan to in the near future).

One of my fav books on ST TNG is "A rock and a hard place" by Peter David.
Louigi Verona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1 2012, 01:45 PM   #767
Mutai Sho-Rin

Louigi Verona wrote: View Post
Hey!
My name is Louigi Verona, I am from Russia.
I grew up to ST TNG. I love ST, I collect Pocket book series.
My favs are TNG and DS9. I like ST TOS and ST VOY. Have not watched ENT (and do not plan to in the near future).

One of my fav books on ST TNG is "A rock and a hard place" by Peter David.
Weldome to the BBS! Don't let the negative propaganda against ENT spoil the opportunity. I watched it from the beginning and really enjoyed it. The stories are interesting and the characters are compelling.

BTW, your written English is excellent. Is it a course you studied in school?
Old August 1 2012, 01:56 PM   #768
Use of Time
Commodore

Hello, all. TNG is my first true Star Trek love. Looking forward to great discussions.
Old August 1 2012, 04:46 PM   #769
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

Mutai Sho-Rin wrote: View Post
Don't let the negative propaganda against ENT spoil the opportunity. I watched it from the beginning and really enjoyed it. The stories are interesting and the characters are compelling.
Absolutely right.

ENT wasn't perfect, but it's been consistenly underrated from the day it first premiered almost...wow...eleven years ago. A solid show with a lot of good and even great episodes as well as one of the most memorable and worthwhile story arcs in Trek history.

And welcome, Louigi and Use of Time. Great to have the both of you on the boards. Hope the two of you have lots of fun around here.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2012, 07:37 AM   #770
Louigi Verona
Ensign

Mutai Sho-Rin wrote: View Post
BTW, your written English is excellent. Is it a course you studied in school?
Thanks! My spoken English is also not bad they tell me

I lived in New York USA for 4 years when I was a kid. Since then I use English every day.
Old August 3 2012, 07:38 AM   #771
Louigi Verona
Ensign

Thanks for the welcome, fellas, I think this forum is incredibly active which is really amazing. Nice to know people are watching Star Trek and watching it actively!
Old August 15 2012, 10:09 PM   #772
Mott the barber
Commodore

Long-time BBS member (2001) and TNG is where it all started for me. The TNG-R project has brought me back to the boards after many years away, and it's amazing reliving the entire series again as never seen before.
Old August 18 2012, 08:39 PM   #773
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain

View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine

I had to take a look at my profile to see how long I've been on this board. Turns out I've been a member since March 2002. More than 10 years! I was 19 when I joined the board, and 30 now! Oh my!
Old August 22 2012, 07:14 PM   #774
Mott the barber
Commodore

Captain Fine wrote: View Post
I had to take a look at my profile to see how long I've been on this board. Turns out I've been a member since March 2002. More than 10 years! I was 19 when I joined the board, and 30 now! Oh my!

I know the feeling!
Old August 25 2012, 11:00 PM   #775
Cmdr Ji Qi Ren
Ensign

Hi, I'm new.
TNG was my first Star Trek series and is kind of special to me because I had to watch it illictly. I wasn't allowed to watch any TV as a kid. One day my mum went to the post office and my bro and me turned on the TV and there was this incredibly sexy, bald man stepping out of the turbolift...... Well, meanwhile it's turned out that my personality is quite similar to Picard's and I've gotten over the inappropriate daddy crush Anyway, my brother and me kept watching Star Trek secretly whenever my mum did the shopping and eventually we persuaded her to watch it with us.

I like most of the characters (including Wesley!). While Picard and Data would have to be my favourites, what I enjoy most is the interaction between the different characters. I'm currently re-watching TNG (for the 5th time?), so the jury is still out on my favourite episodes.
Cmdr Ji Qi Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2012, 12:12 AM   #776
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Mott the barber wrote: View Post
Captain Fine wrote: View Post

I know the feeling!
Same here. I was 29 when I joined the BBS and I'll be 41 in less than two months!
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2012, 05:31 AM   #777
GuinansDaughter
Cadet

Hello, GuinansDaughter here. I'm 27 and a freelance writer from southern California. When I was a kid my father would watch TNG every week...I hated it because it usually interrupted some cartoon I wanted to see. But now that I'm older I've blossomed into a sci fi/fantasy nerd with a very deep appreciation for TNG and all its amazing storytelling. I watched every single episode on Netflix and became enthralled. It's when I started listening to the Enterprise D ambient engine noise on youtube that I realized I needed to seek others out like me. So here I am.

I can't say enough about captain Picard...I have so much respect for him that I wish he were real just so I could wait on him hand and foot. Data is so funny and insightful when it comes to the human condition. Worf has a special place in my heart as he constantly battled with his identity as both klingon and a federation officer. I've also struggled with my own identity as an African American, since I don't act "typical" (whatever that is). People have often thought me strange for not conforming, but I've always just been myself. I think we've all struggled with identity at one point and Worf embodies that struggle.

And of course Guinan, she is the wise mommy I wish I could have. I've always been intuitive and a bit matronly just like her. She has a beautiful spirit that I can relate to.

I could go on and on but I guess that is enough for now. I'm very glad to be here.
GuinansDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2012, 05:14 PM   #778
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

^Welcome! Great username!
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2012, 11:39 PM   #779
Dazzie
Ensign

View Dazzie's Twitter Profile

Hello... New to this board although LONG time lurker... I'm 34 and I started watching TNG when it first aired on BBC2 in the UK and i was hooked which is surprising considering how dire most of season 1 is!!! That said i can still happily watch even the worst episodes. I love TNG, it will alway be one of my favourite series of all time. That said, i also love DS9 and will happily watch Voy and Ent too...
Old August 30 2012, 02:12 AM   #780
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain

View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine

After starting to rewatch TNG Season 1 I have to say I really like it as well. I don't think I can choose a favourite series anymore!